PDA

View Full Version : Look at this guy!

Tonya
07-14-2004, 11:50 PM
I found him at one of the shelters I was trying to get Speedy to. Isn't he a doll!?

http://www.petsnpals.net/0953.jpg

It says:

This 10 week old puppy was found on a busy street dodging traffic.

fuzzbuttbuddy
07-15-2004, 02:17 AM
awwwwwwwwwwwww a major awww facter here!:D

hes a pit isn't he???
i love him!!! but the pit part i don't...*sigh* its just that to many cases with deadly pits..i'll stick with ferrets and my miniture snauzer for now...i want other dogs when i'm older...
hes a cutie though...thats for sure.;)*wink*;)

hes a seet "looking" puppy I just can't get one..partially me mum..partially me....hes SOOOOOO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :) :D :D

IF I DID GET A PITTY I'D GET ONE LIKE HIM/HER!!! MORE BLACK:p

manda99
07-15-2004, 04:57 AM
ooooohhhhschooooscuuuute!!! *stupidbabydoggietalkinsertedhere*

I wish I could have like 10 dogs... All pitbulls w/ no issues.
Sweet dreams are made of these....

Tonya
07-15-2004, 09:32 AM
It says he is a lab mix, but I'd say lab-pit.

I love pits...but I had an experience not to long ago with a sweet pit that gave me a major realization. He was the nicest and most submissive dog, but he flipped out after a cat. It took myself, my husband, my brother, and his friend to subdue this dog. By the time we got him calmed, his neck was all bloody from his collar. He felt no pain and didn't hear us telling him no. You can tell he felt bad that he'd disobeyed me once he calmed, but he was deaf while he was thinking of the cat.

That is when it dawned on me that although pits can be very loving wonderful pets, they need strong capable handlers and proper training. You never know what could happen.

I don't think I'd have to much of a concern adopting one as a puppy, but after that incident, I realized I'm not experienced enough to take on an adult pit.

Kfamr
07-15-2004, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by fuzzbuttbuddy

hes a pit isn't he???
i love him!!! but the pit part i don't...*sigh* its just that to many cases with deadly pits..i'll stick with ferrets and my miniture snauzer for now...i want other dogs when i'm older...
hes a cutie though...thats for sure.;)*wink*;)

:mad:

And theres too many cases where people are ignorant and don't know crap about Pit Bulls.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

luckies4me
07-15-2004, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Kfamr

And theres too many cases where people are ignorant and don't know crap about Pit Bulls.

Exactly! I've seen many well behaved pits that grow up with babis and cats, and many other animals and have no issues because they actually have an owner willing to do whatever it takes to raise the animal right.

heinz57_79
07-15-2004, 12:16 PM
That puppy is such a doll! I'd take him home in a heartbeat.

He'd get along great with my other 2 killer dogs, cuz you know rotties are #1 for attacks on children. I could have 3 violent dogs in a house full of cats and ferrets! Woo hoo!! ;)

*LabLoverKEB*
07-15-2004, 12:33 PM
He's a cutie! I love him tio death! I really like his markings! Poor guy, doesn't have a family.:( I'll take him!

DogLover9501
07-15-2004, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by heinz57_79
He'd get along great with my other 2 killer dogs, cuz you know rotties are #1 for attacks on children. I could have 3 violent dogs in a house full of cats and ferrets! Woo hoo!! ;)

LOL :D I bet Arhur is the most vicious little thing lol, wouldn't stop me from stealing him ;) :p :D

fuzzbuttbuddy
07-15-2004, 12:35 PM
well first i have nothing against the dog...its his rep.
i'm not a bad person...to want a dog with a good rep. i think you should be caucious thats all!i think hes beautiful...and would name the puppy cookies and cream..hehe...day freamer...
see i want him/her too!!! but! i just think there are too many cases as i stated before! i'm not saying don't bring a pitty home.not at all. and i know that its the ones abused as pups that usually end up vicious..I KNOW!!!!!! and i also kno that any ..ANY dog can attac!!! me, i, only one person over here....just wouldn't get one...i don'ttthink i should have to explane my self but you seem like you wanna rip my head off luckies4me...and i really want to know why? theres to many cases...FOR ME!!!!!!!!!!

and i love,love love rotties!!!!!!!!!and stole an abused rottie/german sheppard and rehomed it! i wish they made tiny rotties...i'd get one... i don't think they're #1 for kid bites...but maybe. i think if yu get a non vicious puppy and train and train and train that it would be goo...still not with lil kids.and hey i can say the same about pitties,and chows,and,mastiffs, i just think a rotties rep is better...but i'd probobly take cookies 'n cream home with me if i saw her/him.. why is your comment supposed to be funny???

do you guys like the name cookies 'n cream???
instead of the used up oreo?

DogLover9501
07-15-2004, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr

:mad: :( :mad: :( :mad: Exactly

luckies4me
07-15-2004, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by fuzzbuttbuddy
but you seem like you wanna rip my head off luckies4me...and i really want to know why? theres to many cases...FOR ME!!!!!!!!!!

Please! My post wasn't even directed towards you, I was just making a generalizing comment. :rolleyes: I don't see how agreeing with what Kayann said is trying to rip off your head. Nothing I said was directed TOWARDS you. Did I post angry smilies? No. sheesh.

fuzzbuttbuddy
07-15-2004, 12:59 PM
i'm sooooo sorry i put your name... i was looking at the hamster when i read it after kayann...i'm soooooo sorry and i mean it!

she just seemed so mad at well "people" but i think its me...:(

i'm once again soooooo sorry!!!!!!! and>:o

Jadapit
07-15-2004, 01:03 PM
Kfmar I agree with what you said totally!! The ignorance that people have about pits is amazing!!:mad: A pit is just like any other dog its all about how they are raised!! My pit Jada is the sweetest dog you would ever want to meet. She gets along great with other dogs and cats. I have had her around other dogs and cats since she was a baby. Pits are awesome dogs and they are totally misunderstood by so many people....

I'm attaching a pic. of Jada. I took it out the window with our web cam so its not all that good. She is really a beautiful dog. I will have to get a decent picture og her posted one of these days!:)

molucass
07-15-2004, 01:04 PM
I own a pitty mix, and he's the sweetest thing.. He sees a child and his whole backend starts to wiggle, and he wants to give them a kiss in the face... Lol...

I think people need to realize that theres a difference between HUMAN aggression, and ANIMAL aggression. Pit bulls were bred to be aggressive towards other animals, but not towards people... So usually, a pit bull attack towards a child or anyone else was either provoked, or completely his/her owners fault. Most of these people that have had their child attacked by their pit bull leave their pit bulls chained up outside and then let the kids just go where they please in the yard... They become aggressive because they are stuck out in the yard on a chain all their life, and probably most of them only get any human interaction when their person goes out there to throw some food and water down... if they even get that.

There is plenty of small dogs, and other big dogs (such as labs and golden retrievers that attack kids, but do you see that in the news??? NO... Because everyone likes to give pitties a bad name.)

:rolleyes: Anyway, thats just my .02 cents... for what its worth anyway.

molucass
07-15-2004, 01:08 PM
Oohh! and I forgot to say, that puppy is absolutely gorgeous!!! :D

He looks like a pit bull X american bulldog mix to me.

fuzzbuttbuddy
07-15-2004, 01:17 PM
i think jada is soooo cute!!!

and guys i think i might get a pitty mix if i get a big dog,you guys are right...get a puppy...train..and raise it with love...and it will be just like everyother.....

i LOVE PITTY LOOKS...!!!!!!!!

black and whites! ^^^^^^^like him/her
chocolates
and some red nosed ones....some...bad memories...

do you like the name cookies 'n cream???!!!!!!!

bckrazy
07-15-2004, 01:28 PM
There is plenty of small dogs, and other big dogs (such as labs and golden retrievers that attack kids, but do you see that in the news??? NO... Because everyone likes to give pitties a bad name.)

..so agreed! Any dog that is either unsocialized or put in a bad situation has the potential to bite, its basic instinct for them. My mom got a cocker spaniel for our family when I was only 3, believing what people said about Cockers being the best childrens dogs... our boy Max was even wellbred and socialized, but one day when my 6 year-old sister went to pet his belly, Max turned around and ripped her cheek off... over 100 stitches inside and out, that didnt get into the paper but it seems all of the Pit/Rottie attacks do. One of the best dogs I can remember and one of the dogs I grew up with was Bingo, my aunts pittie boy.

And I do agree with everyone that, pits are overall some of the most good-natured dogs you can find. I notice that its always the cute little pitties that are running around the dog park, friendly to everyone it encounters, and acting as peacemaker ;).. and I always see the pits on Animal Precinct and in the shelter that have no doubt come from a badly abusive home, starved and fought, and they still wiggle when they see people. pit bulls have been bred to be handleable and to love people, its just horrible breeding and even worse treatment of these dogs that has given them such a 'bad rep'. Remember in the 80s how Dobermans used to be considered the most vicious guard dog!? Again, poor breeding and abuse led to all of that, and now that breeding has gotten a lot better Dobes are considered one of the best family dogs! I hope the same can be said about pit bulls some day :(

oh, and the pup is adoooorable! that is the sweetest little face! he does look like he could have some bully in him.. I hope he finds a very loving home that understands the breed :D

Jadapit
07-15-2004, 01:33 PM
I think the name cookies 'n cream is cool!!! I'm attaching another picture of Jada for you to see. It's a little better than the last one.
If you ever decide to get a pit or a pit mix someday I think you will be glad you did!! I'm sure glad I have Jada.:)

Tonya
07-15-2004, 01:52 PM
There is a pit up the street that always comes and sees us when we are walking our dogs. He should be the poster dog of all pits. He's huge and muscular, he looks so tough. But his whole body wiggles with joy when he sees someone. Even when Dusty fisrt met him and tried to fight him, he kept smothering Dusty in kisses. Dusty couldn't help but like him. :)

fuzzbuttbuddy
07-15-2004, 01:55 PM
major awwwww factor!!!!!!

shes gorges...simply irrisitible!!!!!and her name is pretty just like her!!!:D :) :D

heinz57_79
07-15-2004, 02:28 PM
Just on a side note about aggression...

Last night at the dog park, Arthur got attacked TWICE! For doing nothing but sniffing a dog... Once by a Beagle, and once by a Yorkie. Poor guy. He spent the rest of the night kinda hovering. Didn't wanna get beat up again. :) In all my years as a groomer, I get more nervous around Mini Schnauzers than I do shaving down Chows or Rotties. I had my finger almost ripped off by this wretched little schauzer, who's mom thought it was SOOO amusing. :rolleyes: No offense to Schnauzer lovers. hehe I've met some great ones too!

DogLover9501
07-15-2004, 02:35 PM
My Piddle has nipped some children, and is very agressive with other dogs, he also controlls Jasper :eek:

But nobody goes around saying he's such a vicious shih-tzu, and if I had a Pit Bull who was the exact same way as Piddle, it would be a whole different story :rolleyes: and that's so dumb & ignorant!