PDA

View Full Version : Prayers Needed Urgently HELP!!!!

DJFyrewolf36
07-14-2004, 05:57 PM
Our city is burning down!!!! Lots of people and pets in danger!!!! It is getting really bad here, a lot of places already had to be evacuated!!!!
Prayers for our safety, please!!!!!

It is so smokey here, Im afraid some pets will be injured!

I hope I don't have to evacuate but we just might if this damned wind keeps up!

catlover4ever
07-14-2004, 06:06 PM
Oh dear...prayers are speedily on there way for you and everyone else. Please if you can keep us informed of how you are doing. --- Meg

sirrahbed
07-14-2004, 06:09 PM
Are these the CA fire that have now spread to the Reno area??? I am confused....???

RedHedd
07-14-2004, 06:15 PM
Where are you? I heard there were fires burning in CA and in FL. Please keep us posted and stay safe!

catcrazylady
07-14-2004, 06:21 PM
WOW! You went from happy Blabbermouth to big trouble!
Where are you???
Wherever you are stay safe and keep us posted!

sirrahbed
07-14-2004, 06:23 PM
No - I read and the Reno fires are contained. I *think* DJ lives in Carson City?? Not sure. Could this be the CA fires?? I have the news on but no word of spreading fire so may be a local thing. Very scary and now she is offline.
Will be praying Kristina... Please check in and let us know how everything is please. Take care and stay safe.

QueenScoopalot
07-14-2004, 06:30 PM
I hope everything is OK!! Fire is my number one fear as it must be for all of us. Hope you don't have to evacuate. Praying the fires will be contained...or better yet stopped. Let us know ASAP if you're alright....HUGS!

Laura's Babies
07-14-2004, 07:48 PM
Prayers for you and your babies and ALL the babies in that area, may all of you be safe!!

kimlovescats
07-14-2004, 07:52 PM
Prayers coming for your safety! Please check in with us when you can!!!

Kim

DJFyrewolf36
07-14-2004, 08:46 PM
To update:

Now the fire split in half...its threaning a gas station.

I live in Carson City, Nevada in case you all didn't know

They are calling this the Waterfall Fire. Im sure local news has it online by now

Its just smokey right now, not directly threatning us. Thank God!

QueenScoopalot
07-14-2004, 08:50 PM
WHEWWW!!! I hope all continues to be alright and the fire doesn't hit that gas station! :eek: :(

catcrazylady
07-14-2004, 08:52 PM
Goodness gracious!! You be careful and get out quick if you have to!

rg_girlca
07-14-2004, 09:20 PM
Prayers being sent your way that you and everyone involved stay safe.

AbbyMom
07-14-2004, 09:24 PM
Prayers for the safety of Carson City on the way! Take Care!

jazzcat
07-14-2004, 10:59 PM
Hope everything is still okay. Prayers on the way!

catmandu
07-15-2004, 09:22 AM
We are sending Prayers,that you and your Home,are spared,and that you Are All OK!

Sara luvs her Tinky
07-15-2004, 09:24 AM
Prayers on the way for everyones safety!!!!

bluekat
07-15-2004, 09:29 AM
Please stay safe! I'll be praying!

DJFyrewolf36
07-15-2004, 09:59 AM
Phew...the fire is still out of control but the wind has moved it away from populated areas. 9 houses and 2 businesses were lost last night, but only 3 people were injured minorly. I don't know if the Evacuation areas are in the clear yet, my cousin was allowed to go home last night so I think that things are ok there. It is still awfully smokey and a lot of people are hacking and caughing over here. I'm taking the afternoon off to rest...I didn't get much sleep last night lol. Remus stayed at the MIL's last night because traffic got too darn dangerous. Hopefully things have settled enough so he can go home today. Poor baby, although MIL said that her kittes and puppies kept him calm through the whole thing. Caugh hack caugh...sigh. According to the news, a lot of Deer and wild horses are down in the subdivisions, probibly looking for food. There are a lot of sick birds, the smoke isn't good for them and a lot of birds probibly will die because of this. Grrrr I hope they catch the @$$ that did this. They say it probibly was a party that got out of hand. I used to party where the fire started, we were always careful to observe fire saftey rules but I guess not everyone is that bright. The hills are in ashes...what was once such a pretty area is now just one big lump of charcoal. :( The shock of the whole situation has worn off...now I'm just sad.
Hopefully the wind will blow the fire out today.

CatMama78
07-15-2004, 10:55 AM
Oh DJ, this is so sad. I'm very glad you are safe. But it sounds like a lot of damage was done :(.

DJFyrewolf36
07-15-2004, 10:58 AM
www.ktvn.com its called the Waterfall Fire. Sigh, the damage was extensive...but a lot of rehabilitators and stuff are really helping out. Thank God for recuers!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-15-2004, 11:09 AM
I heard the very tail end of the story today on the morning news. They said it was probably started by people, and I thought how sad is that. They're looking for a certain car, but I can't remember details except that it's older, like a 78 Ford Fairlane or something like that?

I'm glad you and yours are all ok. If people would just think a little bit about what they're doing....it's so sad. :(

sirrahbed
07-15-2004, 12:06 PM
So glad you are OK Kristina - what a scare!!! I have never been near a large fire like that and cannot even imagine all the smoke in the air, etc. Take care!! Hope you can have Remus with you within a day or two:)

Felicia's Mom
07-15-2004, 12:25 PM
Prayers being sent to you and all involved.

DJFyrewolf36
07-15-2004, 12:30 PM
T & P, its a big 78 ford pickup. They have the licence. Police say its a "witness" vehicle but I have a feeling there is more to it than that. Stupid morons!!! I hope they catch the guy, this is costing a lot of money and messing up a lot of peoples lives.

QueenScoopalot
07-15-2004, 02:39 PM
I'm glad things are OK with you & your pets. I feel terrible for all the people who are out of homes, pets dying etc. Fire is a devastating thing to even witness. Everyone suffers when people are so stupid! :mad: :(

ChrisH
07-15-2004, 03:18 PM
Just reading this now, Kristina. So glad to hear you and your pets are ok.

Chris

DJFyrewolf36
07-16-2004, 10:27 AM
Well, while the fire is still roaring at least there is good news. Police found a group of teens that the witness saw partying at the site where the fire started. They have names and everything. The shelters are doing such a good job here of helping people care for pets. The compassion of people really shows in a crisis like this.

sirrahbed
07-16-2004, 10:31 AM
I went to your local news site and then to the listing of people offering shelter for pets - yes, it was overwhelming to see page after page after page of local folks offering to give temporary refuge to pets!!! Made me feel good!!:)

DJFyrewolf36
07-16-2004, 11:04 AM
Yeah, the Red Cross says it has an overload of donations and voulenteers, as well as all the pet shelters. With as much as I complain about this place, there ARE some really good people here!