PDA

View Full Version : Scooter- pregnant!

QueenChyna
07-14-2004, 05:36 PM
well scooter, u r pregnant and i hope u will have them in the house. scooter is an inside and outside cat. she goes and comes whenever she wants to. so i really hope she has them in the house. i think in a bout a week or 2 she will have them. oh i bet they will be cute! i will have to put up some pics of her, show u guys how big she is!

catcrazylady
07-14-2004, 06:23 PM
I don't hink I have ever seen any of your posts before. Welcome to PT.
Can you give us Scooters story? How old is she? Have you had her very long?

Laura's Babies
07-14-2004, 07:51 PM
Yea, WELCOME TO PT!!

Now, the story and pictures please.. In case you haven''t noticed.. we LOVE pictures!! Can you post pictures before Tuesday nite??

leslie flenner
07-14-2004, 10:36 PM
How do manage to have so many animals!? It must be lots of work! How old are you? How old is Scooter? Will you be getting her spayed? Is she vaccinated or is that not a concern cuz you are in an isolated area?

QueenChyna
07-15-2004, 08:24 PM
well some people think its to hard to have so many animals, but i live with my family, my mom, dad and 2 brothers my dad does most of the heavy stuff but i do the stuff that i like to do
it is fun having all the animals around, i would not like it with just like- 2 or 3 animals, i love animals so much, i cant live without them, its like i have a special bond with pretty much all my animals, except for the mean and crabby ones!
My dad got Scooter for my mom and she was a really nice cat, and still is, i think she is a year old. now she is pregnant, and she has not had her kittens yet but i hope soon! no not worried about getting Scooter spayed. she is a good cat. she is so cute!!

QueenChyna
07-15-2004, 08:48 PM
here is a picture of Scooter before she was pregnant.http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v290/KTVET/my_picr_260.jpg she is a real sweet heart!

Grace
07-15-2004, 09:43 PM
Dare I ask why Scooter was not spayed? And will this be done after her kittens are born? Has she had her vaccinations?

She's such a pretty little thing. Thanks for posting her picture.

sirrahbed
07-15-2004, 10:17 PM
Will you be keeping all of the kittens? I do hope you can have Scooter spayed after the babies are born because there are so many stray kittens that end up dying. Can you tell us how old you are and more about your other animals?? I think it will be fun to see the kittens:)

catmandu
07-16-2004, 09:21 AM
WE are Praying for Scooet,and her Kittens,and Hopeand Pray that All Are Well!

catmandu
07-16-2004, 09:22 AM
She LOOKS a Lot like Karina ,the Cat taht the AWA rescued from me!

QueenChyna
07-16-2004, 01:17 PM
ok ok ok, yes i will post up more pics of all the animals on my farm but right now, my photobucket account is not really working so it may be a while but i will try! lets just leave it as, i am under 16, i dont wanna tell ppl my exact age, not unless they are nice and i know who they are. well whatever, anyway, i hope that Scooter has no trouble while the kittens are being born! otherwise that would be terrible! but i am sure Scooter will be fine! well we might keep some of the kittens, but probably not all of them.
we will probably not get Scooter spayed, the only reason scooter got pegnant this year was because we just got a new male and before he was to young to be neutured but we plan on getting him done right away. otherwise all of our other males are neutured. Scooter was not spayed because we didn't want her spayed. And i am sure Scooter will be a great mother.

i will try and put up pics of my other animals, but as i said, photobucket is not exactly working for me.

sirrahbed
07-16-2004, 04:07 PM
I hope Scooter has her kittens with no problem - I bet she has no problem. I wonder just WHERE she will decide to have them?:D That can always be funny just where mama cat decides the nursery will be! A long time ago, I remember seeing a litter up in the hollow of a tree!! Maybe she will even have them in your room?? I am glad that your male cats are neutered. That is very responsible and good to hear! Those tom cats can produce an awful lot of stray cats otherwise.

I have only seen newborn kittens here on PT, in pictures. Some of the people here do fostering of abandoned and rescued kittens and some are even bottle fed - so tiny!!

Keep us updated about Scooter's babies OK? How many and what they look like - all that sort of thing.

moosmom
07-16-2004, 06:25 PM
Grace,

"Dare I ask why Scooter was not spayed? "

My exact thoughts.

Okay, I'm gonna try and be as calm and nice as I possibly can about NOT getting Scooter spayed. Just because this new male cat is getting neutered, doesn't mean she won't get pregnant again.

But...WHY THE HELL AREN'T YOU GETTING HER SPAYED??? Don't you realize you are contributing to the over population of cats by NOT spaying her?????? Everytime she has a litter of kittens, THEY reproduce kittens, and then THEY produce and it goes on and on and on.

And no, I am NOT apologizing for my comments. It's stupid, idiotic pet owners like yourselves that create feral, unwanted, hungry, abused and abandoned cats. You also leave people like us (the RESPONSIBLE ONES WHO DO SPAY/NEUTER) to rescue these poor sick animals whom YOU created by not fixing your pets to begin with!!!!! :mad: :mad:

You make me sick!!!! :mad: :mad:

You want pets?? Buy a friggin goldfish.

QueenScoopalot
07-16-2004, 06:49 PM
I am speechless, but want to point out that I do an awful lot of rescuing of abandoned cats, and their kittens. I am very lucky that I have a shelter willing to take on the enourmous amounts of kitties I trap every month, and they make sure they go to responsible homes. Cats that are unspayed have a very high mammary tumor rate, also known as breast cancer, they have ovarian cancers, pyometra (infected uterus from NOT being spayed) and many other problems. And Moosmom brought up the biggie....so many MILLIONS of kittens are being gassed, abandoned, eaten by preditors etc. to even think of bringing anymore into the world. And I hate to say it, but those are the lucky ones. The unlucky ones die of starvation under a porch if the mom cat gets killed. The unlucky ones end up in a shelter that's already overwhelmed and at the bursting point with unwanted kittens. Have you ever seen the statistics of one unspayed cat and how fast her offspring can reproduce? You may have a few hundred cats running all over the place if you aren't more responsible. Please get your lovely cat spayed after she has this litter! ;) ;)

Denyce
07-16-2004, 07:27 PM
Both of the above comments by Moosmon and Queenscoopsalot reflect pretty much what I feel so why bother to repeat.

YOU GO GIRLS!

I gave myself a headache with my rolling eyes with QueenChyna's posts.

Young lady...if you truly love animals they way you say you do then you would be doing everything to can to stop the suffering of so many unwanted and abused pets. In my not so humble opinion your current attitude is one of selfishness and immaturity. Open your eyes and truly see the world for what it is and realize the effect you have on that world. You can make it a better place or an uglier one. Right now your attitude is heading down the ugly path.

Denyce

leslie flenner
07-16-2004, 07:50 PM
someone knows of a website age appropriate to send her regarding the problem? QSL- "Homeless" video- would that be appropriate here? but I was thinking more along the lines of the stats...
FYI- future reference to queenchyna and anyone who may not know- males can safely be nuetered at 8 weeks- for males it's a procedure, not surgery. And, hopefully, all this
momma's kittens will be spayed and nuetered or go to homes with "promises" of same!
moosmom- always our gal! I was waiting for someone like you to come along- after bunnyfufu (yes, that's how she spelled it)....
Queenchyna- these are just words of wisdom from women (including me) with lifetimes of heartbreaks from seeing and hearing about hundreds, if not thousands of emaciated mothers and toms and emaciated and sickly kittens die, euthanized, and abused (thrown out of building windows, etc, you name it because there are just TOO many unwanted pets). Just listen and learn and know that they care about your mother cat and hope all goes well with her delivery! And that you make the right decision afterwards.
Does anyone have that story called "The Wonder of Death" (about a father who takes his daughter to a shelter- it's to be a take on the wonder of birth and explain how people don't consider the outcome of a litter of kittens or puppies when they want their kids to witness "the wonder of birth".)

sirrahbed
07-16-2004, 08:04 PM
QueenChyna - I know you are young and some of the responses here may seem harsh but like it has been said before - they come from women who have spent many years working in the area of rescue/animal welfare and have seen so many horrors each and every day. There is a little video to watch - it is called HOMELESS (http://www.itsmeowornever.org/homeless.html) and the link I just entered at the title and it has lots of statistics about animals that you probably are not aware of - but that people who work with the animals know all too well. Would you watch it please? (Leslie - I think this is the video you mentioned)

You sound like a caring young lady but I will bet you have no idea about these things that go on - but they can be prevented by having your pets spayed and neutered.

Someone like yourself who loves animals can learn a great deal and then go on to make things better for animals by doing the best for your own pets and then teaching other people the same thing.:) I also wish the best for Scooter - and hope you stay to tell us more about her, and about her new babies. I also hope you will then have her spayed - and make sure that whoever takes her kittens understands how important it is to spay or neuter them as well.

leslie flenner
07-16-2004, 08:43 PM
That's a good video but I just don't want anyone to get the impression that all strays are found and given homes! most are not. I can't remember how many carcasses we have stepped over in our attempts to rescue nearly alive litters.. previous litters and adults that never made it in basements, garages, abandoned shacks, houses, sheds, under the same, ... on and on. And the colonies of strays that we can't get to in urban areas anymore- remember when we were getting litters out of Roxbury and Dorchester in Feb? Well, we haven't been able to get back and any litters born since then are too old to socialize, and flea infested and mothers are pregnant again and i don't want to think about it- there is just no where to put them cuz too many strays up here on North Shore...
Thanks again Deb- QC- it's a very nice video- pretty and all, I do hope you watch it and spread the word to your friends and become "one of us rescue workers" when you are out and on your own someday!!

QueenScoopalot
07-16-2004, 08:49 PM
Leslie & Deb..Wonderfully said! Thank you both for putting up important educational links! Prayers for Scooter having a healthy litter, and resposnsible homes!;) :p

sirrahbed
07-16-2004, 08:51 PM
The statistic that bowled me over was that each year 11,000,000 dogs and cats are killed (euthanized - sound so kind doesn't it, and I suppose it beats death on the streets) because there are not enough homes. That is 11 with 6 zeros! All unwanted and unloved animals - born because somebody did not spay or neuter and never enough homes to go around. So sad. That does not count the ferals that are never caught, the ones that end up as carcasses you step over and the ones picked clean by scavengers and never found:(

smokey the elder
07-17-2004, 07:10 AM
To get your arms around 11 million: think of New York City. 11 million people live in New York City. That many animals are being killed every year. PLEASE get your animals sterilized!

QueenScoopalot
07-17-2004, 10:18 AM
http://news.statesmanjournal.com/article.cfm?i=83631

Pets pay ultimate price for irresponsible owners
"...people drive up with boxfuls of kittens because they wanted their children
to witness the miracle of birth Funny how no one ever wants their children to
witness the miracle of euthanasia. That is what happens to three cats out of
four to make room for more kittens and cats."

QueenChyna
07-20-2004, 12:33 AM
You sound like a caring young lady but I will bet you have no idea about these things that go on
WELL YOU KNOW WHAT? i KNOW EXACTLY WHAT GOES ON, JUST CAUSE YOUR OLDER, AND MAYBE LIVE ON YOUR OWN OR WHATEVER, DOESN'T MEAN THAT YOUR KNOW EVERYTHING! All you other ppl think that i am younger so i cant possibly know as much ans you do! WELL YOUR ARE WRONG BEYOND ALL BOUNDERIES! So ya just cause i am younger and have lots of animals, doesn't mean i can't take responsibilities! What, you think I DON'T live in the REAL WORLD???? Do you know who takes care and helps all the sick and sad animals on my farm cause some ppl in my family don't care???? ME, YA ITS ME THAT TAKES CARE OF THEM, I HAVE RESPONSIBILITES ON THE FARM AND I TAKE THEM! Obviously u ppl don't know what its like! if you did, you would know what its like to take on these things, who puts the cream in the pour, baby goats eyes when it can hardly see? ME, who loves it, nourishes it and is the only one that hopes it lives happy, ME!!!

some of the ppl on here could not last 1 week where i live because they wouldn't know what 2 do!

I, like moosmom will not say i am sorry for what i have just said to all of you who have told me i am irresponsible

you ppl are obviously the ones who are irresponsible for asuming that its not getting taken care of.
and my Chyna is the love of my life, and i know i am one of the only ppl she trusts, i was the one that kept her alive out of all 7 of the kittens, i tried my hardest to keep them all alive and loved, and after her mother left her, she had nobody but me! so she is my savior and i am hers!

someone knows of a website age appropriate to send
her regarding the problem?
and i am not some little 10 year old kid, and stop thinking that i have not seen what goes on in the big cities where all the cats, dogs...etc. die and have no home to live, i know what happens, and i think it is cruel to have any more than 4 cats in an appartment or house in the city, because than they cannot show what they really want, they like running around in a big, free, mouse hunting spot, or lazing in the sun.

She is perfectly happy!http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v290/KTVET/my_picr_025.jpg

sirrahbed
07-20-2004, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by QueenChyna
well scooter, u r pregnant and i hope u will have them in the house. scooter is an inside and outside cat. she goes and comes whenever she wants to. so i really hope she has them in the house.
She will keep getting pregnant repeatedly by roaming Tom cats.

i think she is a year old. now she is pregnant, and she has not had her kittens yet but i hope soon! no not worried about getting Scooter spayed.
not worried about getting her spayed - why not?

well we might keep some of the kittens, but probably not all of them.
we will probably not get Scooter spayed, the only reason scooter got pegnant this year was because we just got a new male and before he was to young to be neutured but we plan on getting him done right away. otherwise all of our other males are neutured. ....
he was too young to be neutered so who fathered the kittens? You still do not want to have her spayed?

Scooter was not spayed because we didn't want her spayed. And i am sure Scooter will be a great mother.

still don't want her spayed....more kittens - what happens to each new litter now?
All of the above are quotes of yours that I responded to. I was always very nice and friendly in my posts. My only questions and concerns were about whether or not you intended to spay Scooter and all of your answers seemed to indicate that you saw no need and that you did not want to spay her - only to have kittens. I was surprised that you never mentioned a need for population control - that is all. I did not ever criticise you and if you go back and read my posts to you, you will see that they were always very nice and friendly. You sounded very young and so I tried to ask you your age and speak to you as a young person. If I had thought you were an adult, I would have probably been quite harsh and asked you why you were being irresponsible about NOT spaying your animals - but I did NOT.
We have, in fact, had children as young as age ten post here before and we try to be careful. Your wording and grammar made me think you may be quite young. So, I suggest you read through the posts again and not quote something that I said and then blast away at it as if you are speaking to me - especially since I only posted friendly and helpful things to you!

Denyce
07-20-2004, 07:31 AM
Maturity is not a matter of physical age but mental age. :rolleyes:

If you truly love Chyna the way you say you do and you are the mature responsible young lady you claim to be you would find a way to make sure that Chyna is spayed after she raises this litter of kittens. If you are older like you are now claiming you are then you are capable of earning the money for her spay. I am sure that there is a veterinarian in your area somewhere. There are many many low cost spay/neuter programs you could contact for help. It is possible but only if you truly care about Chyna's well being and really care about animals and their sad plight in this world.

I understand about taking care of the farm animals when it seems no one else cares. But isn't preventing pregnancies that apparently are in an unhealthy environment also a way of taking care of the animals? In fact it is a better more MATURE AND REPSONSIBLE way of taking care of them. The fact that the other kittens died says to me that this isn't a good place for kittens to be born needlessly.

If you want people to see you as a caring, responsible, mature person then your actions speak even louder than your words. On here the only thing we have to go by is what you tell us and your words or lack of them. This has been talked about before but when I see "internet' shorthand such as "u ur 2 4" what I see is a young and lazy person. When that is coupled with statements such as the above quoted statements it certainly does NOT paint the picture of a caring, hard-working, responsible young lady. It paints the picture of the exact opposite.

You are the only one with the power to make changes in how people in this world perceive you and to truly make the corner of the world you live in a better place for the animals you claim to love. Screaming at us in internet slang just proves the opposite of your "words".

Think hard about that.

Denyce
Denyce

Cataholic
07-20-2004, 11:30 AM
QueenChyna,
Your actions speak louder than your words, which is usually the case. Letting an unaltered kitty run around and become impregnated is irresponsible. No matter how you slice it. No matter how old/young/caring you are.

It isn't your fault you are young. It isn't anyone's fault. What is wrong, though, is to ignore those that have experiences that far outweigh your own. All of us at one point, were young and uneducated. Me included.

I, for one, don't commend or applaud you for taking care of your pets. That is the job you are supposed to do. Like stay in school, behave, be nice, etc. You don't get rewarded for doing that which you are supposed to be doing.

If you haven't been out trapping, rescuing, contributing to the homeless shelters, educating, managing your own herd, etc., in my opinion, you have no real voice. That you are actually contributing to the problem is shameful.

Johanna

DogLover9501
07-20-2004, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Cataholic
QueenChyna,
Your actions speak louder than your words, which is usually the case. Letting an unaltered kitty run around and become impregnated is irresponsible. No matter how you slice it. No matter how old/young/caring you are.

It isn't your fault you are young. It isn't anyone's fault. What is wrong, though, is to ignore those that have experiences that far outweigh your own. All of us at one point, were young and uneducated. Me included.

I, for one, don't commend or applaud you for taking care of your pets. That is the job you are supposed to do. Like stay in school, behave, be nice, etc. You don't get rewarded for doing that which you are supposed to be doing.

If you haven't been out trapping, rescuing, contributing to the homeless shelters, educating, managing your own herd, etc., in my opinion, you have no real voice. That you are actually contributing to the problem is shameful.

Johanna

Ditto, taking care of your own animals is not helping the problem, especially if you don't get them spayed/neutered.

moosmom
07-20-2004, 12:05 PM
Do you know who takes care and helps all the sick and sad animals on my farm cause some ppl in my family don't care????

Do you have any idea who takes care of all the sick, unwanted cats and kittens that are dumped out in the middle of nowhere to fend for themselves??? People like ME, Queenscoopalot, Leslie Flenner, CrazyCatLady, Jen Luckenbach, Kimlovescats, Noahsmommy and everyone else on this site involved in rescue. Where does the money come from that finances the vet, food, medical bills??? Out of our OWN pockets.

Obviously u ppl don't know what its like! if you did, you would know what its like to take on these things, who puts the cream in the pour, baby goats eyes when it can hardly see?

We DON'T know what it's like to medicate poor baby goats eyes??? No, maybe not. But we DO know what it's like to get up every two hours to feed homeless day old motherless kittens, medicating them and trying to keep them alive, not to mention, find foster homes for expectant mothers like yours, whose irresponsible owners failed to do the right thing by getting them spayed and preventing yet MORE unwanted kittens.

Cataholic Quotes:

Right on, Johanna!!!!

catnapper
07-20-2004, 12:34 PM
I have been quiety reading this thread and keeping my opinions to myself, however, now is the time where I will step in and speak up for myself, my fellow cat lovers, and for Chyna.

Ok, point one. Its immediately obvious that you're young. The fact that you screamed at us about how mature you were prooves that fact. Anyone who claims to be wise beyond their years usually has a few years of learning and growing left to do. I am a mother of three teenagers... 14, 16, and 18 years old. I know that they each assume they are more worldy than they are.

People here have tried to inform you out of concern for Chyna and her babies - and her future babies, and her babies' babies. Many people here have worked tirelessly to save farm cats, city cats, and every kind of cat in between from a life "on the streets" It breaks their hearts to see people ignoring the basic physical facts and say "well, thats what they're meant to do."

If you are religious, you might agree that God put us on this earth to watch over the land and life within. We are responsible for the welfare of everything we touch. We are responsible for the life, and quality of life, of our pets. Its about quality of life for the cat, not quantity because they can reproduce. A cat can get so many diseases like cancer when intact, not to mention the disesase spread through sexual contact.

Now lets see about the farm comment... you're right, I have never rubbed lotion on a sightless goat. Have you gone hungry because your monthly food budget went to vet bills and medicine? I have. I made the choice to do without (and eat too many eggs and penut butter & jelly sandwiches) in order to provide for my pets. I took on a responsibilty when I adopted them, and by God, I will fulfill that responsiblity. We could go back and forth forever on the "have you ever" scenarios. our lives won't ever parallel each other, so our experiences won't be similar. But what should be the same for everyone is not their experiences but their actions: nuetering is a responsiblity EVERYONE should do AUOTMATICALLY!

NoahsMommy
07-20-2004, 12:53 PM
I find it odd that your male cats are altered, but your female(s) isn't. Why is that?

Are you familiar with the health risks involved in NOT spaying a female cat or dog? Are you aware they can DIE from horrible complications of repeated litters? Female cats are in AGONY while they are in heat, do you know that?

Kittens are fun and all, just be sure you don't have them mating with each other. That's called inbreeding and many, many complications can occur from that. I have TWO of those at my home. While I love them to death, I can't ignore that they are a byproduct of inbreeding. They are both polydactyl and both have eyelid deformities that require lots of $$ to correct.

Pets are wonderful, but you have to give to them what they give to you. They give love; you have to give love not just emotionally, but responsibly.

I know you feel attacked right now. I guess I would too if I were in your shoes. But remove the harshness and emotion (although, I feel its warrented here) from these posts and please urge your family to learn about spaying female animals.

CatFanatic
07-20-2004, 01:08 PM
The thread in Cat Rescue, about QueenChyna's cat, Chyna, is very different from what is said here. Look down a few posts.

heinz57_79
07-20-2004, 01:33 PM
When i found out Katie was pregnant back in April, it was mixed blessings. I knew she should have been fixed, but when I was living on my own I just couldn't afford it. I know that sounds terrible, but she never went outside when I lived in the apartment and Joey was fixed. I knew that once I got on my feet again, it would be taken care of. Of course, before I could, she got out when i moved. But I also knew that my gf and myself could never give up the kittens, so regardless of how many there were, we were keeping them all.

Now we have 5 cats who all need to be fixed. And believe you me, they're ALL getting taken care of! There are too many unwanted pets out there for anyone to be contributing to the problem. I want my animals to be around as long as possible, so I try to take whatever precautions needed. The easiest is getting them fixed.

I don't understand how QueenChyna could possibly think that by neutering her males, but not spaying Chyna (who is indoor/outdoor) she won't get pregnant again. Cats like that are the ones who end up having litter after litter, even before the pervious litter is done nursing. Then those cats have kittens, etc etc etc. Because you know if she won't get one fixed, there's no way she'll get a litter of 5, 6 or 7 taken care of. In the worst case scenario, there will end up being dozens of feral cats. No one want to be responsible for 10, 20, 30 cats. Feeding, meds, etc. So they'll be left to themselves. The fact that you live on a farm, QueenChyna, pretty much confirms that. My gf grew up on a farm and there were tons of cats around. None of them were fixed or anything.

There are organisations out there who will help with the cost of spays and neuters if you have several cats who need to be fixed.

Someone said that they were not going to applaud you for taking care of your pets, and I totally agree. that's what you're SUPPOSED to do. Right now, we have 13 animals... out of those 13, 8 of them have yet to be fixed. but they will be. It may be a few one week, a few a couple weeks later, but they WILL all be taken care of.

Your age shows in the fact that you fly off the handle, which most times confirms that you know what people are saying is right, but are too stubborn to admit it. I was young once. I think most of us remember when we'd throw a fit to prove we're right even when we knew we were wrong! You want to be considered a responsible pet owner??

GET YOUR ANIMALS FIXED!!!!

sirrahbed
07-20-2004, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by CatFanatic
The thread in Cat Rescue, about QueenChyna's cat, Chyna, is very different from what is said here. Look down a few posts.

Yes, I believe several people have used Chyna when we were actually discussing Scooter. Scooter is the pregnant and unspayed cat in question in this particular thread, not Chyna - simply a typo. The points and discussion remain the same.

MariaM
07-20-2004, 01:40 PM
I see Chyna and Scooter were typos. Nothing serious.

heinz57_79
07-20-2004, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by sirrahbed
Yes, I believe several people have used Chyna when we were actually discussing Scooter. Scooter is the pregnant and unspayed cat in question in this particular thread, not Chyna - simply a typo. The points and discussion remain the same.

The cat's name could be Frogenfirken... it doesnt change anything! :)

MariaM
07-20-2004, 01:50 PM
i agree, because cats can suffer if there are too many and some people have to think of the cats life, not just theirs. otherwise i think it is mean to have too many cats and letting it get out of control. a cat out on the street with no home and no love with no food would die and it would die lonely because it never had love, maybe it did but think of the poor lonely life living on the street, no food, home or love until someone brings it in and loves it until the day it dies. then i think that is a happier life.

my mother and father got Chyna spayed and it was because if she got pregnant then she would have kittens, but we did not know why some of the kittens died and we did not want Chyna to suffer the same loss.

Isn't that odd?

moosmom
07-20-2004, 01:53 PM
You want to be considered a responsible pet owner??
GET YOUR ANIMALS FIXED!!!!

THAT says it all!!!!

QueenScoopalot
07-20-2004, 02:00 PM
you ppl are obviously the ones who are irresponsible for asuming that its not getting taken care of.
and my Chyna is the love of my life, and i know i am one of the only ppl she trusts, i was the one that kept her alive out of all 7 of the kittens, i tried my hardest to keep them all alive and loved, and after her mother left her, she had nobody but me! so she is my savior and i am hers

Please correct me if I'm wrong...Chyna is another kitty you have, and she survived while the other six died, and something happened to her mother? Is her mother dead or reproducing somewhere else? Just curious, and not expecting anything but a hostile response at this point. What if Scooter has breach kittens, or one too big to pass through the canal? I suspect she'll join the statistics of cats who die awful deaths if nobody's around to help her. Or no nearby vet to help her if her uterus prolapses. We've all been quite nice about trying to educate you, but it seems you know what's best, and we know nothing. Hmmmm.:rolleyes:

lizzielou742
07-20-2004, 02:36 PM
well we might keep some of the kittens, but probably not all of them.

What are you going to do with the kittens you decide not to keep - the "unlucky ones," I guess?

i hope that Scooter has no trouble while the kittens are being born! otherwise that would be terrible! but i am sure Scooter will be fine!

If you are truly concerned about her health, then please get her spayed.

we will probably not get Scooter spayed, the only reason scooter got pegnant this year was because we just got a new male and before he was to young to be neutured but we plan on getting him done right away. otherwise all of our other males are neutured. Scooter was not spayed because we didn't want her spayed. And i am sure Scooter will be a great mother.

What you are not realizing is the big picture: all the kittens Scooter will have in her life, and their kittens, and their kittens, and their kittens, etc. etc. etc. contributing to overpopulation. Please get her spayed.

QueenChyna
07-21-2004, 02:05 AM
ok well it still seems that i have to repeat myself. I am not the person wo decides what goes and stays on my farm. and if people want cats, than my mom or dad say yes or no.
oh and i have to say this, since people have said the same thing over and over and over again, you know what.... don't, because then your just waisting time on saying the same thing someone else did. And yes, i do feel attacked, since everyone is yelling or not yelling at me, everyone is making me sound stupid and mentally retarded.

The only reason i yelled was because one person really insulted me for who i am and it offended me and you think i am immature for yelling in 1 post, look at moosmom's post's. in almost all of her posts she is yelling at me and being really rude for no reason, and telling me off and thinking that i can't understand real English.

Please correct me if I'm wrong...Chyna is another kitty you have, and she survived while the other six died, and something happened to her mother? Is her mother dead or reproducing somewhere else? Just curious, and not expecting anything but a hostile response at this point.

yes Chyna is another cat, and i tried to save all seven because the mother wasn't producing any milk for her babies, and Chyna was the only one that stayed strong, and this post is not about Chyna and I don't need her to get into this. That year we had all of our males neutered and almost all of our females spayed except for Chyna's mother. and she got pregnant.

spaying and neutering, like everyone else is saying, it might not be as soon as possible, but its getting done, and nobody has really thought to think that it is getting done and just not all in one day.

and thank you to the nice people that have said things to me nicely and not being rude and practically swearing at me. i am not saying mean things to the people that are being nice to me, and thank you for saying it nicely.

I never said i was against spaying and neutering, i just said that my mom said she did not want to get scooter spayed but yes to all the other cats. i just thought that I would post up a post about Scooter being pregnant and i thought people might want to see her and her kittens when they are born.

I find it odd that your male cats are altered, but your female(s) isn't. Why is that?
and we don't just neuter the males, we also spay the females, that just wasn't the main thing at the moment when we were talking.

But we DO know what it's like to get up every two hours to feed homeless day old motherless kittens, medicating them and trying to keep them alive, not to mention, find foster homes for expectant mothers like yours, whose irresponsible owners failed to do the right thing by getting them spayed and preventing yet MORE unwanted kittens. I know how that works and i know what its like to do that. i have done it before.

QUOTE]If you haven't been out trapping, rescuing, contributing to the homeless shelters, educating, managing your own herd, etc., in my opinion, you have no real voice. That you are actually contributing to the problem is shameful.[/QUOTE]

i have been out doing a lot of that stuff, and i have my own voice, sometimes its not as loud as i want it to be. I go to all kinds of lengths to save kittens with out mothers, a lot of animals i do that for, and i am trying to lessen the problem, not make more of one, some people have to start thinking of the brighter side of my story.

And yet again, just because i use some internet slang, doesn't mean i am stupid and i can't spell, if you don't want me to use it, than ask me not to, and i won't.

And its not my fault people just dump off their cats at our farm because they don't wanna take care of it anymore. and then what happens to me and my family, we have to take care of another and pay money for that next extra special cat. ya the money comes out of my pocket to, everyone does their share, not just the people that think they are the only ones that care, not trying to be mean but sometimes its not all about one person, its about so many.

I hope this thread explains more about peoples questions and comments. and please try not to be so mean and break out yelling. and thanx much to the people that have been nice and more friendly than others.

Finigan
07-21-2004, 03:16 AM
Don't you realize you are contributing to the over population of cats by NOT spaying her??????
Don't you realize that YOU are contributing to the over population of idiots? Currently, your probably wondering who I am, why I am here, and why I am insulting you, but we shall get to that.

It's stupid, idiotic pet owners like yourselves that create feral, unwanted, hungry, abused and abandoned cats. You make me sick!!
I thought the point of these boards was to having discussions, not insult sessions. What you do (or don't in this case) think of Scooters owner doesn't carry over to the situation at hand. It was insulting, rude, and unneccisary.

Young lady...if you truly love animals they way you say you do then you would be doing everything to can to stop the suffering of so many unwanted and abused pets.
I like how all of you "responsible" pet owners out there have decided to go ahead and assume that these cats will be abused. You don't know any history on the owner at all, so I must congratulate you. In my books you look to be the ignorant ones.

Where does the money come from that finances the vet, food, medical bills??? Out of our OWN pockets.
I say, that if you are spending money to save cats that you don't want in the first place it's a pretty good waste of your own resources. All it buys you is another reason to complain and think you are better than other people.

Yes, way to encourage the demoralizing of a fellow board member. Good for you. Bullying others to gain a sense of superiority.

That's called inbreeding and many, many complications can occur from that.
Yes, but look at the royal family. There are all inbred, and I can't see anything wrong with that </sarcasm>

THAT says it all!!!!
I like how "all" in this case is defined as whatever you think is right or wrong.

What are you going to do with the kittens you decide not to keep - the "unlucky ones," I guess?
Well, you could drown them, or whack them over the head, or whatever...just to be blunt you know. OR, if you like being humane, then we send them off to people who put tons of money out of their wallets to take care of cats who will ultimately end up dead anyways.
Please note, that I am new to this forum, and I've probably already made some enemies with this post, and some friends. If I had offended anybody that I didn't intend to offend, then I apologize. I'd like to say hello to everybody.

lizzielou742
07-21-2004, 07:36 AM
You know, I went home last night and I thought to myself, maybe I shouldn't have posted on this thread. I thought, Maybe this is a pointless argument - this girl is too young to get her pets spayed on her own, and she's probably just doing whatever her parents say. And I agree that some of the rudeness could be toned down a little. But I don't blame anyone for being rude, whether intentionally or not, because it's just extremely difficult for some of the rescuers on this board to see a cat accidentally get pregnant, and hear that the owners don't want her spayed. It's frustrating to them because they see it all day long. I am not a rescuer, so that part of it doesn't bother me quite as much. What did bother me was the idea that many litters would result from an unspayed kitten and her offspring, contributing to overpopulation, and fears for the health of Scooter. I have decided to drop out of this thread because 1) arguing is pointless here and 2) I have no way to control the pet population of Saskatchewan over the internet. So I'm done.

And that's all I have to say about that. :D

Denyce
07-21-2004, 11:24 AM
QueenChyna,

I think your latest post on this subject was so much better. Yes, sometimes we do have to have things explained to us over and over. I don't remember everyone's stories of their lives right off hand. You said some things in this latest post that were much better and explained your position better than just making the statement that you are not worried about getting Scooter spayed. As if spaying her was totally unneeded.

Try looking into some low cost spay/neuter clinics to help you out. Perhaps then your parents wouldn't be so inclined not to get Scooter spayed. There are options out there but I can understand your frustration in people dumping their unwanted pets on your doorstep.

You see...like I said before. You are the only one who has the power to communicate to the board what your full situation is. Think when you post as to what you want people to know about you before making a "throw away" statement such as

i think she is a year old. now she is pregnant, and she has not had her kittens yet but i hope soon! no not worried about getting Scooter spayed. she is a good cat. she is so cute!!

This gave us all a much different impression of you and your attitudes. I am sure we would all enjoy pictures and the progress of Scooter. Especially if you still worked at finding a way to have her spayed after the kittens are weaned.

Denyce

ps...thanks for getting rid of the internet slang.:)

MariaM
07-21-2004, 11:32 AM
All I have to say is...I can NOT believe this thread! I am just rolling my eyes. (probably not for the reasons you think, so don't take that offensively) I have decided not to join in, (anymore) it is pointless. (IMO)

All I have to say is.

1) Don't tell lies.
2) Don't contribute to pet overpopulation
3) Try to tell us the situation and we'll try to understand.

...I think that's all.:confused:

Kirsten
07-21-2004, 11:42 AM
Well, I just read this entire thread and have mixed emotions.

First of all, I see that QueenChyna sure has a great love for animals, like her parents as well. I'm sure they're doing a lot for all the animals on their farm. I assume the farm is located in a rural area where giving birth is always a happy and natural event.

On the other hand, I understand very well the frustration of those who are fostering or volunteer in the shelters; after all, they see day by day what happens to all these cats - the ferals, the strays, those who have been abandoned, those who are sick with various diseases because they never have been vaccined...

From what I understand, QueenChyna has grown up in a family that looked at these things in a different way, and sometimes it takes some time - and some experiences - before somebody is ready to change his mind.

QueenChyna, during the last couple of days, I have written an article for my new website, www.catmom.de . It's about spaying & neutering (http://catmom.de/engl/babies.html) and I hope is sums up all the reasons why a cat should be spayed/fixed. I have translated it into English today and I apologize in advance for the lousy translation, I still have to work on it... But please read it.

Kirsten

Kirsten
07-21-2004, 11:58 AM
I say, that if you are spending money to save cats that you don't want in the first place it's a pretty good waste of your own resources. All it buys you is another reason to complain and think you are better than other people.

:confused: :confused: :confused: Not worth to even comment on that! :(

Kirsten

luckies4me
07-21-2004, 12:00 PM
This has got to be one of the most funniest threads I have read in a very long time. How someone can waste their time on someone who cannot on their own fix the problem their parents made is beyond me. Yelling and carrying on isn't going to do anything. And as far as Finigan goes, Denyce you've just given them exactly what they wanted. ;)

MariaM
07-21-2004, 12:02 PM
I thought it was pretty funny too, coming from my perspective, but I didn't want people thinking I think the whole thing about spaying/neutereing is funny so I didn't mention it.

Kirsten
07-21-2004, 12:04 PM
How someone can waste their time on someone who cannot on their own fix the problem their parents made is beyond me.

Well, maybe not fixing problems the parents made, but maybe acting more responsible with the own pets as an adult later. But I agree that yelling won't help much (even though I can understand the frustration of those who have yelled)...

Kirsten

DJFyrewolf36
07-21-2004, 12:04 PM
I just read this whole thing too...

Passing Judgement is bad, but I do think that the reason why people were "rude" is because they are passionate about what they do. The life of a rescuer is a hard one, and sometimes cirtain topics push hot buttons. I think QueenChyna needs to understand where these people are coming from and respond back in a rational manner. *Which I saw that she did, so thats good*

This thread has gotten a bit out of hand. I've noticed that cirtain persons feel the need to post only in situations where it would afford them the oportunity to flame someone.

:rolleyes: is all I have to say.

luckies4me
07-21-2004, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by MariaM
I thought it was pretty funny too, coming from my perspective, but I didn't want people thinking I think the whole thing about spaying/neutereing is funny so I didn't mention it.

Yes homeless pets in the world IS NOT funny. But the thread could have been taken in a new direction. Wouldn't it have been nice if someone had provided links to sites that offer guidence in caring for a pregnant cat? How to socialize the kittens once they are born, how to look out for possible signs of complications during pregnant and labor, how to know when to take the cat into the vet for a c-section of a shot to help speed labor along if the cat is not pushing? This is what I am talking about. Though I've done a LOT of rescue and am currently caring for three ferals recently thrown out of a window on my doorstep I know that yelling at someone about what they are doing wrong isn't going to help. Being polite is almost always going to get your furthur. Being so young you do not have as many choices as she would have, say if she was 20 with her own job, own house etc.

jazzcat
07-21-2004, 12:11 PM
Cass - I agree, I think QueenChyna really cares about animals and could be helped by education and not yelling. Finigan on the other hand is just here to punch buttons and boy did they punch mine!:(

DJFyrewolf36
07-21-2004, 12:11 PM
I agree with you Cass! Education is a lot better at solving problems then ranting. Not that I don't understand WHY people are ranting, I just think it could have been handled a bit better.

luckies4me
07-21-2004, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Kirsten
Well, maybe not fixing problems the parents made, but maybe acting more responsible with the own pets as an adult later. But I agree that yelling won't help much (even though I can understand the frustration of those who have yelled)...

Kirsten

I agree with the later as an adult thing, but what is yelling at her going to do right now? All we can do is politely give links and references, maybe post photos of people cats you have taken in that were neglected etc. to help change her mind. People must learn that not everyone is going to listen, no matter how hard you pound it into their head. All you can do is hope that what you said sticks somewhere in their brain and they decided to act more responsible. But if someone refuses to listen there is really nothing you can do about it, and yelling at them and making them angry, especially someone so young is only going to make things worse.

luckies4me
07-21-2004, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by jazzcat
Cass - I agree, I think QueenChyna really cares about animals and could be helped by education and not yelling. Finigan on the other hand is just here to punch buttons and boy did they punch mine!:(

Well I've come to learn it's just best to ignore those people, or else you are giving them exactly what they want, attention and LOTS of it. ;)

Kirsten
07-21-2004, 12:17 PM
All we can do is politely give links and references,

I agree this is the better way.

Kirsten

popcornbird
07-21-2004, 12:28 PM
I've been reading this thread, and just have to say something now. I totally understand where you all are coming from, and agree with you all too. I'm glad many of you posted what needed to be said in a nicer tone. Posting with harshness and personally abusing others ends up giving the opposite effect of what you really want. Posting so harshly makes YOU the bad one. Educating someone with love and kindness is much better than cussing at them. Its just something I have learned over the years. When people tell me something in a harsh manner, I don't want to have anything to do with them again, much less listen to what they were saying. When someone else comes to me and tells me the EXACT same thing, in a kind and caring way, it has a totally different effect. Not only do I listen to that person, but I appreciate the advice they had to give and begin to respect the person too. Things could have been handled in a better way. There's never a reason to use abusive language towards someone you're trying to educate. It won't work.

CalliesMom
07-21-2004, 02:05 PM
I posted earlier and then deleted it because I did not want to look like I was agreeing with Finigin. I, under no circumstances, think it is a good idea to allow pets to reproduce. There are already so many cats/dogs euthanized each year because their "owner" was not responsible for them, which makes me sick.

I do, however, think that there is a better way to get your point across. I know many of you are tired of people being irresponsible and you being stuck with the burden, but that gives you no right to barrage this young woman with insults. People are not going to listen because they'll be on the defensive to explain their "side of it."

Basically, all I'm saying is: QueenChyna, you should speak with your parents about having ALL your pets spayed/neutered. I understand you take care of the ones you have, but there is no need to bring more into this world when there are so many being euthanized in shelters. :(

moosmom
07-21-2004, 02:48 PM
Basically, all I'm saying is: QueenChyna, you should speak with your parents about having ALL your pets spayed/neutered. I understand you take care of the ones you have, but there is no need to bring more into this world when there are so many being euthanized in shelters.

Calliesmom said it best, I guess. I'm done with this thread. It's like beating a dead horse.

Finigan
07-21-2004, 03:38 PM
For those of you who are being "humane" by saying every animal should be spayed/nuetered to prevent cat reproduction, who are you to decide which animals should get fixed and which ones shouldn't? If we fix every goat in this world (example) then would we be able to have any more goats? No. Whose cats get the luxury (and reproductive organs) of not being fixed? I mean, you have to keep at least one or two little critters around to keep the babies pumping, otherwise you may end up with no kitties. And everybody loves kitties.

CalliesMom
07-21-2004, 03:45 PM
I don't know why I am answering this question..BUT there is honestly no way that every cat will be spayed/neutered. There are too many irresponsible/selfish people in this world. AND YES, I think a person is irresponsible if they allow their cat to get pregnant and then dump her/babies at the shelter so they can be someone else's problem.

You bring a cat into your home to love them and provide the necessities they need to have a happy, healthy life. A happy, healthy life does not include allowing your cat to have litter, after litter, after litter when there are 11 MILLION cats and dogs euthanized each year. 11 MILLION? Do you have a concept of how many that is? Those creatures did not ask to be born into a world where they aren't loved and are killed for it. That simply sickens me.

PS I do understand that there are circumstances under which a person can no longer keep a pet/pets, but it is your responsiblity to ensure them a new home or take them to a no-kill shelter.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-21-2004, 04:14 PM
Just One Litter (http://justonelitter.com/litter.html)

Accidental Litter (http://st15.startlogic.com/~justonel/accidental.html)

popcornbird
07-21-2004, 04:22 PM
Debbie, those were SO sad. :( *wipes tears from eyes*

Thanks for sharing. I hope QueenChyna will understand what everyone's saying after seeing those slideshows.

:(

QueenChyna
07-21-2004, 04:26 PM
well well well, it seems that everyone is starting to be nice, I think Finigan gave some of you a taste of your own words. but he is doing the same thing that some of you did to me.

Some people are being very nice and a big thanx to that.

I'm glad many of you posted what needed to be said in a nicer tone. Posting with harshness and personally abusing others ends up giving the opposite effect of what you really want. Posting so harshly makes YOU the bad one. Educating someone with love and kindness is much better than cussing at them. well someone actually believes being nicer works.

well i am not saying i do as much as everyone else, but most people don't realize how much stuff i do and assume i am young so i can't possibly do this and do that but i have rescued cats, dogs, and even a lot of the animals on my farm which lots of people don't realize how hard it is but some do, just in other perspectives.

Wouldn't it have been nice if someone had provided links to sites that offer guidence in caring for a pregnant cat?

and i want people to ask me if i know how to do this and that because i know how to take care of a pregnant cat, i know how to take care of alot of things. i would prefer if people please asked me if i knew how, not just asume cause i am younger, i don't know. i don't mean to be mean.
so please don't asume what i can and cannot do.

Thanks for sharing. I hope QueenChyna will understand what everyone's saying after seeing those slideshows.

Theres another for example! please don't do that! it makes me angry.

luckies4me
07-21-2004, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Finigan
For those of you who are being "humane" by saying every animal should be spayed/nuetered to prevent cat reproduction, who are you to decide which animals should get fixed and which ones shouldn't? If we fix every goat in this world (example) then would we be able to have any more goats? No. Whose cats get the luxury (and reproductive organs) of not being fixed? I mean, you have to keep at least one or two little critters around to keep the babies pumping, otherwise you may end up with no kitties. And everybody loves kitties.

Coming from a breeder, and also a rescuer I know the many lives that are lost each year due to people who breed irresponsibly. There are MANY responsible breeders out there who are breeding to better the breed and create more loving, healthy companion animals for those who do love and appreciate what purebreds offer. There are already tons of breeders out there doing this, with PUREBRED animals, not mixed breeds. If you breed a cat who is not purebred there is no known history of genetic flaws etc. And why make more when there are already so many others out there doing the same exact thing?

luckies4me
07-21-2004, 04:34 PM

and i want people to ask me if i know how to do this and that because i know how to take care of a pregnant cat, i know how to take care of alot of things. i would prefer if people please asked me if i knew how, not just asume cause i am younger, i don't know. i don't mean to be mean.
so please don't asume what i can and cannot do.

Theres another for example! please don't do that! it makes me angry.

I wasn't assuming. :rolleyes: I was just trying to make a point, sheesh.

Also, why would those links make you angry? It's a fact, there is nothing to get angry about except being mad at all the people who contributed to those animals dying.

CatFanatic
07-21-2004, 04:36 PM
Yes, why would they make you angry? We are JUST trying to educate those who might be uneducated! Some people just let their cats run off and have kittens! What if there was a problem?? Some people just let the kittens go, and then find them in a couple weeks and then they will be wild! Or, there might be complications. We are just trying to help.

QueenScoopalot
07-21-2004, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
Just One Litter (http://justonelitter.com/litter.html)

Accidental Litter (http://st15.startlogic.com/~justonel/accidental.html)
Great links Deb...I stuck them aside for others to see...going off to beat my head against brick wall now... :rolleyes:

QueenChyna
07-21-2004, 04:43 PM
i am not mad at the links, i am mad because people are saying things to me that i already know, thanx for telling me about them but i really don't need people to directthem to me.

CatFanatic
07-21-2004, 04:45 PM
Judging by this thread, I think you do:rolleyes:

QueenChyna
07-21-2004, 04:48 PM
Judging by this thread, I think you do

you think i do what????

CatFanatic
07-21-2004, 04:50 PM
Ok, I am going to make this clear enough for you to understand, but still try to be nice.

YOU NEED TO SEE THOSE LINKS, AND BE DIRECTED THEM. We are taking our time to show you these, we obviously find it important. And it IS! Very important. Did you even watch them? We're trying to tell you this as nice as we can, but honestly, just watch them, and THEN maybe you will be thinking differently.

QueenChyna
07-21-2004, 04:53 PM
THINKING DIFFERENTLY ABOUT WHAT????
please answer me this time

DJFyrewolf36
07-21-2004, 04:53 PM
No point in getting uppity about people trying to help. Having an attitude doesn't help matters much.

CatFanatic
07-21-2004, 04:56 PM
Again, I'm going to explain this nicely, even though it is plain as day.

We are trying to help you, nicely. You need to understand that many cats die every day because of people like you. You need to stop letting all your cats have kittens, because they're kittens haave kittens and so on. Just THINK about it for a moment, do you have any idea how many kittens you could get? And what happens to them? They DIE. But that is probably better for them, than the life they would get anyway. We just care about the cats.

QueenChyna
07-21-2004, 04:57 PM
No point in getting uppity about people trying to help. Having an attitude doesn't help matters much.

i am trying not to get mad, but it seems that people are not understanding what I am saying. i am not trying to be mean and i don't want to start a pointless long argument.

CatFanatic
07-21-2004, 04:59 PM
All you need to do is spay and neuter ALL of your cats. There is no reason for you to be mad. It's us that should be mad, but we are saying this nicely.

QueenChyna
07-21-2004, 05:04 PM
All you need to do is spay and neuter ALL of your cats.

yes i know, i have already gone through that in all my other post but please read some of the other ones, because it seems that you are not understanding what i am saying.

CatFanatic
07-21-2004, 05:12 PM
How many cats do you have? Please answer truthfully.

How many were kittens of your other cats because they were not spayed/neutered? Please answer truthfully.

How many are neutered?Please answer truthfully.

How many are spayed?Please answer truthfully.

How many are still reproducing?Please answer truthfully.

Where do you get them spayed?Please answer truthfully.

QueenChyna
07-21-2004, 05:20 PM
How many cats do you have? Please answer truthfully.
i have 8cats

How many were kittens of your other cats because they were not spayed/neutered? Please answer truthfully. umm 3

How many are neutered?Please answer truthfully4 cats

How many are spayed?Please answer truthfully.

How many are still reproducing?Please answer truthfully. 1

Where do you get them spayed?Please answer truthfully. in a city

QueenChyna
07-21-2004, 05:21 PM
why is it your bussiness what i do?

its just a question.

CatFanatic
07-21-2004, 05:22 PM
Even though I find this all VERY hard to believe, I have no other proof to justify my beliefs. I was checking about the spay neuter thing because I know some rotten people neuter their cats by themselves. And I didn't want to "assume" so I "asked"

QueenChyna
07-21-2004, 05:25 PM
ok why do you find it so hard to believe?

lizzielou742
07-21-2004, 05:28 PM
OK I vote that this thread should be ended here and all this can continue via private messaging. I don't think anyone is getting anything positive out of reading these posts. What does everyone think?

I know I'm certainly not the moderator or even a pillar of this board but this stuff is really bringing me down.

Just an idea....please? :)

CatFanatic
07-21-2004, 05:28 PM
I think its a good idea, but I just want to know how they get their cats neutered. Some people do it themselves, and I think that is bad, so I just wanted to ask.

luckies4me
07-21-2004, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by lizzielou742
OK I vote that this thread should be ended here and all this can continue via private messaging. I don't think anyone is getting anything positive out of reading these posts. What does everyone think?

I know I'm certainly not the moderator or even a pillar of this board but this stuff is really bringing me down.

Just an idea....please? :)

AMEN!

lizzielou742
07-21-2004, 05:41 PM
Cat Fanatic: I know, and I wanted to hear the answer to those questions too, trust me. I'm not upset at anyone or anything. I am not picking on you or anyone else, I'm just voicing my opinion, take it or leave it. It's just that this thread is getting a little long (6 pages is a lot) and it's not really getting anywhere.

Finigan
07-21-2004, 06:04 PM
You bring a cat into your home to love them and provide the necessities they need to have a happy, healthy life.
I found it odd, how only a paragraph up you reffered to cats as somebody elses problem.

There are MANY responsible breeders out there who are breeding to better the breed and create more loving, healthy companion animals for those who do love and appreciate what purebreds offer.
So, the breeders opinions on what is "pure" and what isn't is more important than everybody elses? Odd. I love and appreciate what every animal has to offer, but just because you have a fancy peice of paper and a ribbon on your wall doesn't mean your animal is better than mine.

YOU NEED TO SEE THOSE LINKS, AND BE DIRECTED THEM. We are taking our time to show you these, we obviously find it important. And it IS! Very important.
I saw the links. They weren't that important. What is important to you isn't always important to everybody else to.

And what happens to them? They DIE.
Ummm...that happens to all living beings at one point or another.

I was checking about the spay neuter thing because I know some rotten people neuter their cats by themselves.
Actually, it's a simple procedure, and if researched and performed properly, it can be faster and more effective to going to the vet. Though I've never done it myself, I know people who have. Apparantly that makes them bad people too. I'm beginning to wonder how one goes about becoming a good person...

Desert Arabian
07-21-2004, 06:10 PM
Hey Finigan, I saw your thread about Twiggy, I asked a question, not sure if you saw it yet or not. Stop by your thread for a second.

lizzielou742
07-21-2004, 06:33 PM

Actually, it's a simple procedure, and if researched and performed properly, it can be faster and more effective to going to the vet. Though I've never done it myself, I know people who have. Apparantly that makes them bad people too. I'm beginning to wonder how one goes about becoming a good person...

Are you talking about home neutering, like this?

http://www.canoe.ca/CNEWSWeirdNews0107/26_cat-cp.html

http://www.aztrib.com/index.php?sty=23805

Seriously, home neutering is animal cruelty. I have found no information on the Internet that says there is a way to do it safely and humanely at home. That is an awful sick thing to do to a pet, and any more posts like that will surely get you blocked from this board.

Desert Arabian
07-21-2004, 06:39 PM
Finigan, since you (claim) to have several pregnant cats- what do you plan on doing with them? I hope you aren't going to neuter the males yourself.

QueenChyna
07-21-2004, 10:42 PM
OK, EVERYONE LISTEN UP!

I did not make this thread to argue whats right and wrong and people can and cannot do. I made this thread because i thought people would want to see Scooter, and her kittens when they are born.
Yes i know i have said this already but now i think everyone can see this one.

I f everyone still has questions or comments about me or anyone else, please do that in private messaging. not in my thread, i didn't make this thread for it.

and please do not criticize or unsult others, it is very rude and against the rules.

I might end up deleting this thread cause it is so long and probably start a new one. but i will start a new for dicussing how Scooter is and so on, not all this crap here that half if it was a waist of time.

If you have bad things to say about me that you think you should say, DON'T, otherwise if you think you must say it, Private Message me, and i will probably call you the same thing if you say something bad to me that i really don't like.

This post is not meant to be mean towards anyone, and lets please try NOT to start these kinds of unnecesary things in someone else's threads.

Thanx for reading this and for mostly everyone's cooperation.

QueenChyna

luckies4me
07-21-2004, 10:54 PM

So, the breeders opinions on what is "pure" and what isn't is more important than everybody elses? Odd. I love and appreciate what every animal has to offer, but just because you have a fancy peice of paper and a ribbon on your wall doesn't mean your animal is better than mine.

Did I say purebreds were more important than mutts, NO. I am owned by a mixed breed puppy, half Aussie and half lab. Most if not all of my dogs in the past were mixed breeds from shelters, and one purebred from a shelter. I love and appreciate every animal too, but that doesn't mean I should breed them just because they are cute, or I want to experience the miracle of birth, or because I think they will make a good mother. My point was there is NO WAY of knowing the history of the animal, and to breed without knowing the history for many generations is very selfish. What if they carry a hidden genetic default that won't show up until you breed that litter. What if the babies come out deformed, or have major agression issues? What then? All because you wanted to see cute little furballs running around. :rolleyes:

luckies4me
07-21-2004, 10:57 PM
OK, EVERYONE LISTEN UP!

I made this thread because i thought people would want to see Scooter, and her kittens when they are born.

I personally would love to see more pictures of Scooter and the kittens once they are born. :) I can't resist cute cuddlies! When do you think she will have the babies? Have you seen a birth before?

QueenChyna
07-21-2004, 10:58 PM
please use private messaging for that, i looked like you were talking to Finigan, and this is not what this thread is about, i am being nice and polite.

QueenChyna
07-21-2004, 11:00 PM
i meant the thread about breeding

yes i also would also like to put up pictures of Scooter and talk about her and today she seemed fine, i think she is getting really close to having them.i think maybe sometime this week.

leslie flenner
07-21-2004, 11:00 PM
but maybe I have "the last word in" syndrome"
QSL- Please stop banging your head on a brick wall and don't shoot yourself! The reason you do what you do is because of this kind of finigan and queenchyna not understanding importance of spay/nueter! You were put exactly where you were for what you do (and kim, and jen and Deb, and lisa and Catdad, and Catmandu, and moosmom, ubasson and girlfriend, and jrfrywolf or something- I wish I could remember everyones name., and me, and K and L and so, so many others! It's our purpose, is my guess...)

Finigan would have all us gals go off the pill or whatever because there might not be anymore people if women go on the pill or use IUD's and etc (quick, let me run to my gyno and get it yanked out- no more people! aaaaahhhhhggggggg- heavens! gays are getting married! No more straight people! We'll all be gay!! there will be no more human race!! aaaaaahhhhhhgggg!!!!!! scare!)
I think when ever we see these youngin's post about their proud "breedings" we should have easy access to websites we can put up without having to respond at all. I am not computer savvy enough to do this- I love the article posted by our Miss Munich (soon to be Miss Universe- sorry can never keep your id straight from Miss Arizona!
but very nicely done and your translation was just fine!) and the slide show and of course "Homeless" video. We don't have anything that shows how one litter can produce in 5 years 144 cats (if I remember correctly) That's a handout from the animal rescue league.

QueenChyna
07-21-2004, 11:07 PM
ok well thats it, that is the final one because otherwise everyone else will start and so on...

The reason you do what you do is because of this kind of finigan and queenchyna not understanding importance of spay/nueter! Stop including me in these things in which you ASSUME i don't understand. I understand fully and i did before, i thought i had made my point clear but if you read a couple posts before, you would understand. please don't read like the last 2 posts, read before that, otherwise you are repeating someone else's words.

This is no a mean post, please do not take it as one.

This thread talks about Scooter and her not yet born kittens.

CatFanatic
07-21-2004, 11:22 PM
QueenChyna, we know the reason you made the thread. We know it basically turned into something else. Not the end of the world here.

Also, I see you avoided my question once again. Do you, or do you not neuter your males at home? And if so, how exactly do you do that? If you refuse to answer, that leaves me no option but to assume you do neuter them at home.

And, it's ok if the post was directed toward Finigan. It started in here, it might as well finish. We have threads, so we don't have to PM everybody when we have new events we wish to share.

QueenChyna
07-21-2004, 11:33 PM
Also, I see you avoided my question once again. Do you, or do you not neuter your males at home? And if so, how exactly do you do that? If you refuse to answer, that leaves me no option but to assume you do neuter them at home. i wasn't avoiding it, I do not do them myself, i get it done in the city.

And, it's ok if the post was directed toward Finigan. It started in here, it might as well finish. We have threads, so we don't have to PM everybody when we have new events we wish to share. Ya i know but this thread was getting completely off topic, and i didn't want it to.

luckies4me
07-21-2004, 11:36 PM
Ya i know but this thread was getting completely off topic, and i didn't want it to.

That seems to happen a lot here. :p

QueenChyna
07-21-2004, 11:43 PM
Anyway, i took a really cute pic of Scooter and Zoe

I think Scooter is practicing up on her motherly skills!lol
http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v290/KTVET/Picture_027.jpg

QueenChyna
07-21-2004, 11:44 PM
http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v290/KTVET/Picture_027.jpg ooopsie the post up there was a mistake

CatFanatic
07-21-2004, 11:46 PM
So you get it done in a city eh? Just...a city? By who...vets? Or...people who do it cheap?

luckies4me
07-21-2004, 11:52 PM
http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v290/KTVET/Picture_027.jpg

What a cute photo! Is the dog a puppy? That is just too cute! :D Your kitty is very cute as well. She reminds me a lot of CamCamPups kitty. :)

QueenChyna
07-21-2004, 11:56 PM
So you get it done in a city eh? Just...a city? By who...vets? Or...people who do it cheap? A vet! please stop making it sound like am a really bad person of course i get it done by a vet.

Is Zoe a border collie? well we are not quite sure what she is but we think she is part Shih Tzu and crossed with something else,but we don't know.

QueenChyna
07-21-2004, 11:58 PM
Zoe is a puppy, and the cat is Scooter

QueenChyna
07-22-2004, 12:01 AM
That pic was taken today! and Scooter looks the same on the otherside of her, shes got a big belly.

CatFanatic
07-22-2004, 12:02 AM
I suppose this is obviously going nowhere. I see something hidden in your words. I am not making you look like a bad person, just asking questions so I won't seem like I am ASSUMING.

I believe there is more than what you are letting on. If you will not tell us the whole truth, then there is no way I can force it out of you. Best of luck.

QueenChyna
07-22-2004, 12:07 AM
i am sorry for getting mad. i am tellingthe truth, but if you don't believe me, oh well then, i don't care

CatFanatic
07-22-2004, 12:09 AM
I forgive you for getting mad. However, I still have a strong feeling that you are not telling the whole truth.

luckies4me
07-22-2004, 12:10 AM
Please can we just stop the bickering now and enjoy the cute photo she posted? Lets just move on and agree to dissagree!!!

kimlovescats
07-22-2004, 12:18 AM
I have just tonight, for the first time, read through this entire exhausting thread!!!:rolleyes:

All I can say at this point is that this girl is "under 16 years of age"..... but she has been cursed at, yelled at, and totally left defenseless! As a mother of a 15 year old myself, I would be horrified to know that my child was mistreated so on the internet.

I do agree with every point that has been made about rescue work, spaying / neutering, etc........ etc..... etc...... but my goodness, this is a young person here. Can we not lead by example, and be the mature ones here?

QueenChyna, I apologize for the manner in which many of us "adults" have treated you. I do hope that amongst all of the defensiveness you have been dealing with, that you have taken away a bit of useful information!;)

Kim

jazzcat
07-22-2004, 12:20 AM
Cute picture of Scooter and Zoe!

Finigan
07-22-2004, 03:00 AM
Seriously, home neutering is animal cruelty.
And what if one cannot afford to have the animal spayed in the city? Then what? From my understanding its cruel to keep the cat around pumping out babies, but it's cruel to try and fix the cat at home. Where is the safe ground in that situation?

That is an awful sick thing to do to a pet, and any more posts like that will surely get you blocked from this board.
Why would I get blocked from a board where I was just stating my opinon, like everybody else?

Finigan, since you (claim) to have several pregnant cats- what do you plan on doing with them? I hope you aren't going to neuter the males yourself.
Neuter them myself? No, I wouldn't have the stomach for such a thing. I plan on letting them have kittens, and then giving said kittens away to loving home. I know our neighbours already want a few of them, so they should be well off.

finigan and queenchyna not understanding importance of spay/nueter!
Oh, Finigan undestands the importance of it just fine, Finigan likes taking the side of devil's advocate.

Finigan would have all us gals go off the pill or whatever because there might not be anymore people if women go on the pill or use IUD's and etc
My opinions on people pregnancies and cat pregnancies are two very VERY different things. If you wish to discuss this with me, please PM me.

heavens! gays are getting married! No more straight people! We'll all be gay!! there will be no more human race!! aaaaaahhhhhhgggg!!!!!! scare!)
I didn't see what this had to do with anything...but okay...sure, while we are at it, we will try to put words in Finigan's mouth.

So you get it done in a city eh? Just...a city? By who...vets? Or...people who do it cheap?
Is it even going to matter how she answers? At this point whatever question you ask has been given an answer, and you just keep pressing the issue.

I see something hidden in your words. I am not making you look like a bad person, just asking questions so I won't seem like I am ASSUMING.
And everytime you get an answer to the questions it isn't good enough. I don't understand why you ask questions to which you already have the answers in your mind.
Basically, I agree with kimlovescats when she says that a young girl has been abused over the internet, and I think that it is a great thing Scooter is going to have baby kitties. Apparantly I am wrong. Oh well.

luckies4me
07-22-2004, 12:11 PM
And what if one cannot afford to have the animal spayed in the city? Then what? From my understanding its cruel to keep the cat around pumping out babies, but it's cruel to try and fix the cat at home. Where is the safe ground in that situation?

I'd really not like to get into this again, but if one cannot afford to have a simple spay or neuter done than perhaps they shouldn't be owning pets. ;)

catlady1945
07-22-2004, 12:24 PM
This is just another thread which pushes hot buttons. We will never get people to see things as we feel they should be seen. Spay/Neuter is the same as the Declawing thread. Why waste time with 8 pages of arguing?

luckies4me
07-22-2004, 12:32 PM
I'm not arguing, merely responding. Those are two very different things IMO. OK, maybe now I am arguing LOL! :p

Denyce
07-22-2004, 02:28 PM
You know Cass...for someone who chided me about giving Finigan what he wants you sure seem unable to just ignore him. Perhaps you need to listen to your own advice a little better?;)

K & L
07-22-2004, 02:41 PM
Looks like this person got exactly what they wanted, to rile everyone up! This thread should just be ignored.

Snickerslove
07-22-2004, 02:48 PM
I'm getting really sick of people who yell at ppl for there cat having kittens!!! Let's see I have read some of your board's and one of you can't rembemer who it was there cat had kittens and you all were like awww how cute.. Guess what??? Just because someone has kittens doen't mean you jump all over them you all need to take a CHILL PILL!!!! I mean no matter what you do someone is going to have kittens and those of you who have cats look at you with all your cats!!! I'm getting so sick of people who come in to threads like this and yell and argue!! You know what just be happy and say if the kittens are cute or not and blah blah blah! If you don't like what the people are doing then DONT come into the chat if I were the owner I would remove and ban everyone who argues's about pitty things like this! You all must not like kittens or like cats! If you are in here saying "Don't breed you pet's fix them"! What do you want there to be no more animals left or something?!?! You can't stop a pet from breeding! Because it's nature!!! Get it in your head!!!

DJFyrewolf36
07-22-2004, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by K & L
Looks like this person got exactly what they wanted, to rile everyone up! This thread should just be ignored.

I second that...yeesh!

catlady1945
07-22-2004, 04:07 PM
Each day 10,000 humans are born in the U.S. - and each day 70,000 puppies and kittens are born. As long as these birth rates exist, there will never be enough homes for all the animals. As a result, every year 4 to 6 million animals are euthanized because there are no homes for them.

What can you do to stop the suffering?
Spay and neuter your pet! In addition to saving lives, spaying and neutering can also drastically improve your pet's health and life expectancy. The idea that pets become fat or lazy when they are spayed or neutered is a myth. Sterilized pets lead healthier, longer lives. Spaying a female eliminates the possibility of uterine and ovarian cancer and greatly reduces the risk of breast cancer. Neutering a male reduces the risk of both prostate enlargement and prostate cancer. Neutering also will make your pet more affectionate and less likely to roam, get in fights, or become lost.

carole
07-22-2004, 04:29 PM
Firstly I donot think Queenchyna posted to rile things up and make you all hopping mad, I believe she genuinely wanted to share her news, good news as she sees it.

Whereas I think Scooter should be spayed as well, I wonder if this decision is out of her hands, she is young, and obviously her parents would be the ones to pay for the operation.

Queenchyna I am not going to berate you, and I understand everyones anguish and anger at your post, I do believe some of you who should know better, could have been a little nicer.

I share your sentiments, and I do think it is irresponsible not to spay your cats, but what is the point of being nasty to Queenchyna, perhaps a little understanding, education, would go a long way, as some of the other people who posted have offered her, there is a way of saying things.

Queenchyna to you I say, I know that you love animals, I am pleased to hear you do so much for your animals, and take good care of them, but if I were you I would perhaps point out to your Parents that spaying Scooter would be for the best, she can't keep having kittens, as you won't beable to find homes for all of them, it is obvious you adore Scooter, so try and put her best interest first and do the right thing ok.

leslie flenner
07-22-2004, 05:04 PM
the other kittens you see on the cat side of pet talk are either rescues themselves (Marshall was one day old when found alone, Tabitha was bottle fed by her rescuer as well from about age 2 weeks on after all her siblings didn't make it and they had no mother etc.) or adopted from a shelter, or from rescued stray/abandoned females that were too far along in their pregancy to spay.

lizzielou742
07-22-2004, 05:08 PM
STOP THE MADNESS!!!

carole
07-22-2004, 05:30 PM
The way I see it, no matter how passionate you feel about something, being insulting and plain right rude, there is no excuse for.

Also Queenchyna although you did make the thread to tell us about Scooter and show pics, you must have known some of your comments about the non-spaying issue was going to stir things up in a bad way, you have posted before and been on the sight before, it would have been better just to post the pics and tell us about Scooter and said no more IMO.

I do hope that through some of this thread, some learning has come about, and that when you leave PT tonight you will have some things to think about.

When Scooter has her kittens I would love to see them.

luckies4me
07-22-2004, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Denyce
You know Cass...for someone who chided me about giving Finigan what he wants you sure seem unable to just ignore him. Perhaps you need to listen to your own advice a little better?;)

I am responding only because I could care less about the guy. I am not bickering and his words are not bothering me, so I see nothing wrong with responding. If he did bother me, I'd simply ignore him. The reason I responded was not to give him the satisfaction but to let others know out there who may be reading and are in a similar situation to know that if you cannot afford a neuter or spay it may be best to find the animal a new home, and not aquire anymore until they have the funds to properly care for the animal. As long as there is no bickering back and forth, I see no problem with a thread such as this, or responding to ones comment. ;) Hope that makes sense. :)

luckies4me
07-22-2004, 06:22 PM
QueenChyna, do you have any other photos of the soon to be mommy? What about the dear little doggie? Maybe you can go to Dog General and post some photos of the puppy. :) I'd love to see more of him. He sure is a cutie! :D

I'm sure I asked this once before, but I do not believe I got a response. Do you know when Scooter is due?

QueenChyna
07-22-2004, 07:17 PM
Ok well i will start from kinda where i left off and i will try to answer everyone's question's.

Why waste time with 8 pages of arguing?
Yes i ask why??? so stop arguing.please i ask you

STOP THE MADNESS!!!

Firstly I donot think Queenchyna posted to rile things up and make you all hopping mad, I believe she genuinely wanted to share her news, good news as she sees it. Well some people night want to see her and her new kittens, some won't, so if you don't , don't post.
The way I see it, no matter how passionate you feel about something, being insulting and plain right rude, there is no excuse for.

When Scooter has her kittens I would love to see them. I'm sure lots of people would but everyone has to stop bickering please. I will try and put up pics of Scooter right away, and Zoe in the dog gernal or whatever.

QueenChyna, do you have any other photos of the soon to be mommy? What about the dear little doggie? Maybe you can go to Dog General and post some photos of the puppy. I'd love to see more of him. He sure is a cutie! yes i am going to put up more pictures. Zoe is a girl, her name is pronounced Zoey but is spelled different.

I'm sure I asked this once before, but I do not believe I got a response. Do you know when Scooter is due? I don't know when Scooter is Due but i think sometimethis week.
I hope before sunday, otherwise i might be able to see them, i am going to camp for a week on sunday. so i won't be able to post but when i get back, i will post once i do and i will take lots of pics of her kittens, and put lots up.

Finigan
07-22-2004, 08:28 PM
I am responding only because I could care less about the guy. I am not bickering and his words are not bothering me, so I see nothing wrong with responding. If he did bother me, I'd simply ignore him.
Thank you. I'm glad to hear that my words are not bothering you. Its nice to have a rap session with people who reply instead of just ignore me. The reason I ask some of the questions I do, is because, like you said, there may be people out there who have the same questions as me.

As long as there is no bickering back and forth, I see no problem with a thread such as this, or responding to ones comment. Hope that makes sense.
Made sense to me.

What do you want there to be no more animals left or something?!?! You can't stop a pet from breeding! Because it's nature!!!
Agreed. You can't stop pets from breeding other than taking them to the proper facilities and getting them fixed. What the owner does with their pets can be their business. I as well, would like to see some pictures of the kittens when they are born.

CatFanatic
07-22-2004, 10:09 PM
I have an idea. How about we start a whole new thread, forget about this one, and she can post pictures on there. I'm getting sick of this.

carole
07-22-2004, 11:25 PM
I second that.!!!

danny
07-23-2004, 01:08 AM
ya y do u all hate my sis's kittens but like everyone elses?!?!?!!?! you guys are self centered!

luckies4me
07-23-2004, 01:56 AM
Is it possible Finnigan is their father? Who knows LOL!

moosmom
07-23-2004, 12:58 PM
Who cares???? I hope they close this thread because like Kelly said, it's a BIG waste of time.

aly
07-23-2004, 04:15 PM
I will apologize in advance for making this thread active again, but I feel the need to say something here.

Seeing as though my whole life revolves around rescue, I am incredibly sensitive to these topics. I spend all my time and every resource available to me trying to help homeless animals. I've been volunteering at and working in shelters for years and have seen everything imaginable.

I found my cat, Shiloh, in a parking lot starving under a truck. She was 7 months old, but the size of a 3 month old since she was so malnourished. I later saw what I thought to be her littermates dead on the side of a nearby highway. My other cat, Skylar, was a few hours old laying in the hot sun outside an apartment complex with his brother (who sadly didn't make it). Skylar's mom belonged to someone at the complex who allowed her to get pregnant, allowed her to have babies outside, and apparently either didn't care or didn't know about the mom rejecting Skylar and his brother. The mother cat was later spotted with another kitten who was about 3 months old. Who knows how many she had. I nursed Skylar and bottlefed him around the clock. My boy has been with me since the first day of his life and thankfully he's a big healthy boy now. His brother and other siblings were not so lucky, as I'm sure they're all either dead or living life as ferals at an apartment complex.

I currently have 6 foster cats in my home; 2 who were abandoned in the country, 3 abandoned in a box at the shelter's back door, and one rescued from the kill shelter. I am constantly fostering orphaned kittens and puppies, elderly and sick dogs and cats, and crazy adolescent dogs and cats. I'm not a rich person and it takes a lot out of me. I do not appreciate ONE BIT the person who mentioned that I am wasting my money on homeless animals. When one of my fosters gets a loving, responsible home, it makes IT ALL WORTH IT.

Last night, on the way home from my boyfriend's house, I found a dog. He was standing there panting so hard. I pulled over and talked to him for 10 minutes before trying to approach him. When I finally did try to step closer, he cringed and took off. I spent the next 50 minutes crying and trying so hard to earn the poor dog's trust. I eventually had to just leave food for him and go home. I cried myself to sleep and woke up crying after having many nightmares. That one dog represented the millions that are homeless who I can't help. I felt (and still feel) like a terrible person because I couldn't help him more. But the REAL terrible person is whoever let that poor dog get to that point. He was obviously on the streets for a long time and he had absolutely no trust in humans. The fear in his eyes said it all. That dog has been through a lot, and I hate whoever is to blame. I really do :(

QueenChyna - The reason I just talked about the above situations is so people will know why I feel so strongly about spaying and neutering. Even though Scooter's kittens will get loving homes, there will be that many less homes for the kittens in the shelters. Please don't feel like I'm attacking you or anything. I really don't think people should have been rude and I am really sorry for that. I'm really glad that you guys are getting Scooter spayed. You should look and see if there is a low cost place in your area. I take all my fosters to a low cost clinic for their spays/neuters and shots. It really helps a LOT with those reduced prices. We're not all millionaires afterall! I also hope that you won't delete this thread. I know that it got out of hand and went in a direction that was far away from the topic you intended. Maybe just start a new thread with Scooter pictures. I think there is valuable information in this thread for maybe other people who are browsing the site.

And to Danny - we don't hate your sister's kittens and love everyone else's. Most people here who have pregnant cats have rescued them from the shelter or the streets. Even though your sister's kittens aren't rescues, that doesn't mean we hate them. In fact, we care about them A LOT - that's why everyone is so passionate about this topic. Sometimes passion is so strong though, that it comes out in the wrong way.

carole
07-23-2004, 05:47 PM
Well Said Aly, it is a pity this whole thread could not have been handled the way you have managed to.

All I know is Queenchyna is young, and to speak to a teenager as some have on here is apalling IMO.

QueenChyna
07-23-2004, 09:26 PM
thanx, some of these are quite mean but whatever.

i was going to put up some pics of Scooter but something happened on my Photobucket acount so it might be a little delay, plus i have to take some more. I should have one up tonight.

QueenChyna
07-23-2004, 09:37 PM
http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v290/KTVET/Picture_020.jpg I know its a small pic but my photobucket acount is really messing up!

catlady1945
07-23-2004, 09:41 PM
I agree, Aly, well said. People who are involved in rescue and see how many animals have been abandoned, are very sensitive to animal over-population. Sometimes, trying to educate is very frustrating. For example, when we had our first cat neutered, a relative said we were spoiling his fun!!!!

catmandu
07-24-2004, 09:16 AM
I am glad that Scooter,is getting spayed,and atht the Kittens are getting Good Homes! Sometimes accidentd do happets say a Big mEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW To Scooter,and Kittens!

catmandu
07-24-2004, 09:17 AM
My Thread should have said that Accidents do happen,and The Found Cats MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW For Scooter,and Kittens!

QueenChyna
07-25-2004, 12:29 AM
thanx, Scooter is i think finally found her spot for having kittens! or atleast i hope so!i am leaving for camp tomorrow so i will not be posting for a week!, talk to everyone next week i guess.

QueenChyna:)

carole
07-25-2004, 01:22 AM
Scooter is so gorgeous, I can hardly wait to see her kittens, I hope some are torti like her.!!:)