PDA

View Full Version : Mom gave me a wake up call..

CountryWolf07
07-14-2004, 03:28 PM
About my money issues..

We are going to the bank & open up a new account.. a Savings account.. and take out $900 from my account that I use w/ my debit card..

She flipped out about how I spend money on everything w/out thinking.. and frankly, I'm glad she did it.. I'm gonna be alot more responsible about money.. and concerts.. she told me I was DONE going.. and I was like, too late mom, because I already paid for tickets, etc.. so.. I guess I'm gonna be smarter on money.. and start saving for a truck.. and college.. and my future.. she just told me I'm 20.. and I don't have much in my account.. so.. I was so upset about it, took my debit card away from me, but I REALLY THINK it was the BEST thing she had done to me. I'm actually glad she did it..

Had to share..

Thank god for my parents.. they put me straight and have me do the right things, etc..

Logan
07-14-2004, 03:48 PM
It is so good to be able to listen, Rachael, to your mom, who has lived through the whole money thing. I wish I had listened harder to my parents who are "tight" where money is concerned, but they have money, and that's why they have it!!! :o

slleipnir
07-14-2004, 03:50 PM
I agree. My dad has made me understand about this sort of thing since I was a kid. I never got any sort of allowance unless I worked for it (ever). I'm glad he did all the stuff he did cause at this point I'm good with saving money and not buying pointless things (although sometimes I can't help it ;))

trayi52
07-14-2004, 03:58 PM
Rachel, I think it is wonderful thing listening to your mother, and you being 20. Lindsey turned 18 last November and she thinks she is an adult and pretty much does what she wants to now.

I am so afraid she is going to move out on me, and move in with her fiancee. I guess I am just scared that I am going to lose her.

She works and pays for her own car, and her own clothes, but still she is only 18. I want to keep her as long as I can.

I have to compliment you on being such a good daughter to your mother!

Willie:)

trayi52
07-14-2004, 03:59 PM
Oh, I forgot to say how lucky your mother is to have a daughter like you.:)

Willie:)

slick
07-14-2004, 04:00 PM
Just wait until you buy your first home/condo and have to pay taxes, food, gas....etc etc then you'll understand the concept of "budgeting".

I think it's great that you and your Mom have that kind of relationship where you can speak frankly about these things. Good on you!:) :)

CatMama78
07-14-2004, 04:04 PM
I'm glad you and your mom are able to talk about things like that. I'll be honest - I was a financial mess until maybe two years ago. I was ALWAYS close to zero in my account. But now that I have a good job, it's much better. Money stinks, lol! There are times when I wish I didn't have to grow up and take responsiblity for things, but what can you do? You should be very proud of yourself. Most people your age do not have such a level head so early :)

RICHARD
07-14-2004, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by CountryWolf07
About my money issues..

I'm gonna be alot more responsible about money.. and concerts..

Thank god for my parents.. they put me straight and have me do the right things, etc..

You can say that now.....you already saw Tim Mc Graw....;)

jenfer
07-14-2004, 11:30 PM
I am really bad with money too. :(

catnapper
07-15-2004, 07:35 AM
Wish mine had done that to me sooner... wish they could do it ot my husband!