PDA

View Full Version : WOW; Luna's memory is working great! :)

Kirsten
07-14-2004, 02:29 PM
I'm impressed by with my girl! :)

When I was still alone with her, before I got Lily, I used to play "kitty light" with her, she liked it a lot. (you know, these little light pointers where the cat is chasing the spot).

She has stopped playing it when Lily arrived because Lily was always so much faster and wilder so it was no fun for Luna anymore, but only frustrating. So I never brought the kitty light out anymore, nor did I mention the word (Luna knows the word "kitty light" very well and she knows exactly what it means).

Anyway, now almost a year after we last played, I asked her now if she wanted her "kitty light" again - and you should have heard her response!!! She made these cute but demanding sounds, and she was so full of joy and very eager to play! :) So I brought the kitty light out and even though Lily is still the faster one, Luna joined the game and had some fun.

And I was really surprised about my girl! After almost a year, she still remembered the Kitty Light-word and obviously knew that it's something to have fun with.

Isn't it amazing how their little brains are working? :)

Kirsten

catlover4ever
07-14-2004, 02:56 PM
Oh Luna, how wonderful that you remembered that you and your meowmie used to play with the kitty light.

Kirsten, cats really are amazing. Just like Abner know what "buffed" means. Smokey remembers how we used to play fetch with super bouncy ball...he still retreives it and gives it back to me.

Denyce
07-14-2004, 02:57 PM
Luna is a smart little girl that is for sure. It must have been heartwarming for you to see her having such joy with her kitty light.

Denyce

aguu
07-14-2004, 02:59 PM
Sweet little Luna!!!

It IS amazing how they remember something the love...
There must be something about those kitty lights though because Mishka hears me pick it up in my hand from anywhere in the house and comes runnning and chirping. He knows the rattle of the chain it's and he get so excited!!!

catcrazylady
07-14-2004, 03:05 PM
Oh mamma how could she forget all the fun times playing with you?? Isn't it wonderful when they show you just how smart we already know they are?
I'm glad you had fun with mommy today Luna. You are such a sweety!:D :D http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

CatMama78
07-14-2004, 03:52 PM
Luna is one lucky kitty - she has it all - beauty AND brains, and a wonderful meowmie :D

Kirsten
07-14-2004, 04:03 PM
Actually, you may tend to think that Lily is the more clever one because Luna often acts a bit clumsy, but then there are moments - like this one - that make you realize she's a smart little girl! :) She is so cute and I love her sooooo much! :)

Kirsten

sirrahbed
07-14-2004, 04:08 PM
Luna! I am VERY impressed with you!
This is sweet and great to hear! Luna remembering such fun times with Meowmie and enjoying them all over again:D What a smart and sweet girl she is!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-14-2004, 04:14 PM
What a smart kitty she is!

I do know that cats have great memories like that though because of a similar saying that I used to use with Tubby. When I lived in Green Bay, I had a lot of spiders in the house and Tubby (being much much much younger) just loved to sit and watch them and finally, when they came into reach, swat at them and eat them. So when I'd see a spider, I'd say "Kitty, bugs!" in an excited tone of voice. He knew immediately what I meant and was on the spot immediately!

Well, I haven't said that in years because we don't have that many bugs anymore, but one day I saw some sort of black bug walking across the white tile floor. Tubby was upstairs sleeping and I said "Kitty, bugs!" and like a flash he was down there sniffing at the bug! Like you, I couldn't believe he remembered what that meant after so long. The only difference is now he sniffed at the bug.....then layed down and watched it crawl away. :rolleyes: ;)

I really believe that a lot of times we don't give cats enough credit. Just because they sleep most of the day away doesn't mean they're lazy or dumb. They're just conserving their energy and minds for when they're really needed. ;) :D

Laura's Babies
07-14-2004, 05:56 PM
I saw how they remember too, when Midnight ran to hide from her former owner... It had been almost a year since she did that.

catmandu
07-16-2004, 09:53 AM
Its is amazing how Catswiil remember,and play with toys,taht they have not seen,in Years! Even if they are old,and moldy!

Kirsten
07-16-2004, 03:16 PM
Its is amazing how Catswiil remember,and play with toys,taht they have not seen,in Years!

Yes, that's true! :) They really seem to remember it! :)

when Midnight ran to hide from her former owner...

Poor Midnight! Looks like she does not have the best memories of him... :(

Kirsten