PDA

View Full Version : She came, SHE ran!

Laura's Babies
07-14-2004, 07:21 AM
Midnight former Mom came to see her night before last because I had been telling her how pretty she has gotten in the short time she has been here. She wasn't in the living room so we had to look for her and I found her on my bed. The lady was following me down the hall and when she called out to Midnight, all we saw was a black flash! Midnight ran and hid from her former Mom and wouldn't come out while she was here... Poor baby, was scared to death she was going to take her back.

When she would come over last year and stay for days, everytime her "Mom" would come to get her, she would run and hide. That is why this cat has broke my heart so many times, having to turn her back over to that woman when I KNEW she didn't want to go. This time she rememberd and ran to hide again.. She hasn't realize yet that she is here to stay.

CatMama78
07-14-2004, 08:44 AM
OMG!! Poor Midnight. That's really sad that she is scared of her former Mommy. Says a lot about what it must have been like for her at the other place. Well she is in a good home now :). Thank you for providing a good life for this baby.

catmandu
07-14-2004, 08:49 AM
You can a;ways tell a lot about a Person,by the way that Cats react to them,as The Found Cats all come to TheCat sitters,who are fixing up thehotel,especially JJJ3,and Moose The Magnificent! That must have been an abusive Perso,for Midnight,to run,like that!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-14-2004, 09:46 AM
That is so sad for Midnight, but I sure hope it tells the woman something about how she treats her cats. :rolleyes:

Hopefully now that "she" has come and gone, and Midnight is still with you, Midnight will soon get the idea that she doesn't have to go back there - ever!

rg_girlca
07-14-2004, 11:02 AM
Oh that is so sad. Poor Midnight to be so scared like that. I'm so glad she is with you now in a loving, caring home.
Maybe it would be better if that "So-called former Mom" did not come to see Midnight anymore, since it is obviously traumatic for her.
Poor baby. Headbumpies and kisses for you dear sweet Midnight.

kimlovescats
07-14-2004, 11:54 AM
Oh Laura, that is so sad. I hope her former "mom":rolleyes: won't be back again!!!!

(((HUGS))) to you for being a REAL catmom to sweet Midnight!

Kim:D

catcrazylady
07-14-2004, 12:05 PM
Poor baby girl Midnight! She really loves you and her new home. She always wanted to stay with you and hopefully someday soon she will come to realize that she won't have to EVER go back to the "so called former cat mom"!
How do you think she will do when you go back to work? Will she be going to your son or daughters house? I know she will be much loved in either home but I'm sure she will miss you so much. I know how very much you miss them too.

Hey, how is that adorable cart pulling Dusty?

Laura's Babies
07-14-2004, 05:17 PM
CCL, Dusty is doing fine. At first, he liked being King of the Hill when the girls came with me but now my son says he misses them. Midnight will be going with Amy and Giz to his house which is a good thing... Midnight and Giz are kind of playing now, playing that rip and run, 'I chase you down the hall, you chase me back' game. They are a perfect match as far as playfullness goes...

I think now that Midnight is here and doing so good, I will see less of her old Mama, I hope so anyway.. It breaks your heart to see her run and hide, fearing she will have to go back to being thrown out of the house and being starved and not getting the love that she gets here... Remember, I was suspecting that the old Mama, just didn't know anything about cats or being a pet owner.. She does not realize, you love them by holding and petting them...her idea of loving a pet is to dicipline them and scold them....And use profanity... (My other cats even run and hide from her.)

Edit... My little orangie that I named Weebit got adopted yesterday after I left the shelter..I am glad she got a forever home and glad I wasn't there when she left or I know I would have cried...

catcrazylady
07-14-2004, 05:46 PM
Oh Laura that is so great that litte Weebit got adopted. I do understand how heartbreaking it is to go in and not see some of your favorites though. You are so happy for them but so sad for yourself because you will miss them.
You need to tell your son he jsut needs to adopt a buddy for Dusty! He has a momma with an in at the shelter now!!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/wink.gif

Any news on Princess? Is she still with you or did she go back to the shelter?

Laura's Babies
07-14-2004, 07:41 PM
Princess is still with me and been getting to attached so I been backing off from spending so much time in the room with her and feeling HORRIABLY guilty about that. I take her back to the shelter Friday if the girl who is suppose to foster her don't come get her or the possiable adoption don't go through.. Another foster will take her then.. I hate giving her up, she is the most perfect cat anybody could want and so pretty too! I am overloaded now with my own and how I work or I would keep her in a heartbeat!! I have told them Friday will be my last work day but if I have to take her there, I WILL go back MOnday to make shure she has been taken to a foster!! (Or hang around Friday to make sure she is taken out of the shelter)

catcrazylady
07-14-2004, 07:50 PM
All the kitties are so special but some of them jsut grab your heart and won't let go. I think Princess is the one that has done that to you. I hope she goes to a good foster home and won't have to stay at the shelter. You have done wonderful things for her and I'm sure she appreciates that she hasn't had to stay at the shelter.
I'm sure things will work out good for her...after all she has you as a Guardian Angel to watch out for her!

Laura's Babies
07-14-2004, 07:52 PM
:( Her guardian angel goes back to work in ONE WEEK!!

catnapper
07-14-2004, 08:21 PM
Poo Midnight. That breaks my heart to hear a story like that! Hopefully she'll soon realize that she'll never have to go with that woman ever again.

jazzcat
07-14-2004, 11:17 PM
Poor Midnight, that just breaks your heart knowing how frightened she is of having to go with that lady. I'm so glad she has you - full time - now!

Wonderful news about Weebit!!!

You have to leave in a week?? Is it that time already? This place won't be the same without you. How many places will be saying that - PT, your kitties at home, the kitties at the shelter and the list goes on!

Laura's Babies
07-15-2004, 06:05 AM
They are so sad at the shelter that I have to go now.. Just ONE extra set of hands help out so much and since I have settled in there my system has gotten so good that I get done faster and faster (In the Cat Hut) which gives me time to do more and more.. I will miss working there because it is rewarding work, even if it is hard work and heartbreaking.. (Those cats are a whole lot easier to please than that crew on the boat too)...I know I will worry about Princess the whole time I am gone.