PDA

View Full Version : Dexter hurt his wing

Tweety_Pie
07-13-2004, 05:26 PM
Last night Dexter went completely crazy in his cage(I have no clue why?:confused: ). He was literally flying himself into the bars of the cage, and squaking like mad. So i opened the cage and took him out and he was shaking. So i trid to calm him down, and I put him back in his cage. This morning when I woke up i noticed his wing looked odd. He was holding it up (hard to explain). So i took him out and checked him over to see if he was hurt anywhere else (thank god he wasn't). When I touched his wing he squaked, and he looks like he is in a bit of pain:( My aunt is going to come over to check it out tomorrow.

Please pray for Dexters wing to get better!

popcornbird
07-13-2004, 05:43 PM
Awww!!! Poor Dexter baby! Sounds like he got a night fright.

Sometimes birds will see something in the dark that will scare the daylights out of them. It has happened to Popcorn and Muffin several times too, and they refuse to go back into their cage until I comfort them for like an hour. Normally, its a shadow or something that frightens them. Do you cover their cage at night? That can, and does help reduce night frights.

I'll be praying Dexter's wing heals soon. The exact same thing happened to Popcorn before, and his wing healed completely after two days. He was holding it out like that too. I'm sure Dexter will be just fine.

jazzcat
07-13-2004, 05:55 PM
Poor Dexter! I hope he is okay.

Tweety_Pie
07-13-2004, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird
Do you cover their cage at night? That can, and does help reduce night frights.

Yes.

Logan
07-14-2004, 07:08 AM
I hate it when that happens, wings flapping uncontrollably! I'm always afraid they are going to break a blood feather or something! And now I have 5 wing flappers!!! The babies love to do that!!

I hope Dexter will be just fine. He really might have broken a feather or bruised himself. I'll be thinking of him.

Keep us posted!

Logan

chrissycat21
07-16-2004, 03:35 PM
I hope Dexter's wing heals! When I as little my mom had a cockatiel (she is now living with my uncle) and I woke up in the middle of the night screaming. Poor little birdie was so scared! (but she was ok!)

-Chrissy

CathyBogart
07-16-2004, 06:19 PM
I hope he's feeling better soon! We had a little parakeet at work hurt his wing like that a few weeks ago and he was fine after a few days.