PDA

View Full Version : Flowers for breakfast

Catsnclay
07-13-2004, 02:02 PM
Apparently I must have slept in this morning. I woke up to find my 15 year old cat, Fluffy up on the kitchen countertops eating the carnations that have been sitting there for 3 days now :eek:

I guess 1) the pills he is taking for his arthritis is working, since he hasn't jumped on the countertops in several years and 2) pink carnations make a good breakfast in a pinch -:mad: -

I called my Vet - who laughed at me, by the way, and she told me that carnations were not harmful, but I should beware that they may come out 1) via the throat :eek: 2) and or through the litterbox. I laughling told her, either way she will get some, um, flowers........:p

Barbara
07-13-2004, 02:24 PM
Fluffy the lion eating carnations: what a wonderful picture:D

Maybe carnations are good for arthritis:)

Give your big boy a scritchie:) And yes: some green slime on the floor with some leaves- I think that's possible:)

jazzcat
07-13-2004, 02:50 PM
Sounds like that may be a wonder drug he's taking!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-13-2004, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by jazzcat
Sounds like that may be a wonder drug he's taking!

I was thinking the same thing! Although I'm not sure I want to know what it is because I kinda like the fact that Tubby doesn't jump on the counters anymore. ;)

I sure hope the carnations come out in the litterbox because if you're like me, those little piles that come from the throat are NO fun to clean up. ;) :D

Catsnclay
07-13-2004, 06:18 PM
[i]
I sure hope the carnations come out in the litterbox because if you're like me, those little piles that come from the throat are NO fun to clean up. ;) :D [/B]

Oh, and mine RUN to the oriential rugs to do it, too!! :eek: :rolleyes:

Fluffy is on Cosequin, I get it on the Drs. Foster & Smith site (much more afforadable than from his Vet) and he's been taking one capsule, mixed in some baby food daily. We have had him on this now for about 2 years and he is really moving a whole lot better.

Cosequin is Glucosamine & Chondroitin Sulfate............the same stuff us humans use for joints, only in cat doses.

kimlovescats
07-13-2004, 07:31 PM
Glad that Fluffy is feeling so much better ... and that Carnations aren't harmful!!

OH, OF COURSE THEY AREN"T ... haven't you ever heard of
"Carnation Instant Breakfast"!!!! :eek: :D

Kim

QueenScoopalot
07-13-2004, 07:58 PM
*Sigh* I can't enjoy any flowers here...unless they're in the cat-free-zone aka the computer/bird room! Don't you just love it how they have to dash to the most expensive carpets to vomit? :rolleyes:

catmandu
07-14-2004, 09:15 AM
MyCats love the Cat Grass,but I have never seen them Eat The Daisies!As in Please Dont eat The Daisies! Does anyone remember that Program!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-14-2004, 10:20 AM
Catsnclay, thanks for the tip on the Cosequin! Tubby has been on it now for about 6 months or so and I think he has improved also with the most visible improvement being that he now squats when he pees so the litterbox gets it, not the floor outside the litterbox. :rolleyes: ;) He gets one pill a day sprinkled on his morning treat of canned cat food. The one pill he has ever taken that he just gobbles up no problem. :D

The stuff is expensive though, so I'm off to check the Drs. Foster & Smith website....

catlover4ever
07-14-2004, 10:35 AM
Flowers for breakfast.....has happened in my house too!!!

I'm glad that Fluffy is feeling better. And lets hope the flowers come out in the litter box and not the other way.

I had to laugh when you said you called the vet and the vet kind of laughed at you....I have been in that situation before...I had to call my vet one morning because Abner had gotten into a dried starfish...yes a starfish. I was decorating in my bathroom (a sea motif) and I had bought some dried starfish and he decided to eat one of the star points off of the starfish. I did not know if it was toxic to a cat or not. Let's say I gave the vet's office a really good laugh for the day. :) :)

kimlovescats
07-15-2004, 11:11 AM
I still think Fluffy was just making his own version of
"Carnation Instant Breakfast"!!!:D

Catsnclay
07-15-2004, 01:24 PM
Well I'm happy to report that the flowers did come back out via the litter box!:D

Take it from me, though......litter box flowers don't smell nearly as good as the real thing! :eek: :rolleyes: :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-15-2004, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Catsnclay
Take it from me, though......litter box flowers don't smell nearly as good as the real thing! :eek: :rolleyes: :D

:D :D