PDA

View Full Version : emergancy dog soap needed

lv4dogs
07-13-2004, 01:33 PM
Ok I'm stuck here in the boonies at work by myself, Rautyk was outside enjoying the weather running in the field & she comes running into the office smelling something awful. Yup she rolled in something, something that has poop & guts. YUCK
Anyways she is NOT riding home in my car like that, but all we got here is dish soap, hand soap, car washing soap, simple green, stuff like that.
What do you think would be best, dish or hand soap?

micki76
07-13-2004, 01:36 PM
I think probably the hand soap. Is is anti bacterial? That might be worse. Hmmmm.... That wasn't much help was it? :o

lv4dogs
07-13-2004, 01:39 PM
yeah it's antimicrobacterial :(

lizbud
07-15-2004, 01:16 PM
lv4dogs,

I was just wondering what kind of soap did you end up
using ? I was thinking about your question later & thought
I'd probably have tried the dish soap diluted with lots of water.

Hope everything turned out okay. :D

cali
07-15-2004, 01:32 PM
diluted dishsoap. just pour some dishsoap into a bottle and add water. that is what we use for doggie shampoo all the time, in my 8 years of having dogs we have only used actual dog shampoo ONCE. after that we just filled the bottle with diluted dishsoap

lv4dogs
07-15-2004, 01:58 PM
I used the Dawn dish soap diluted w/ water & ya know what her coat is so soft & shiny. We found a new shampoo.

I have been searching for info & found lots of people use dawn or palmolive (sp?). But it is NOT reccomended for frequent baths, mine only get baths when needed, which is ussually no more than 2-3 times a year max. It strips all the oils from their coats. They use it on birds & other animals that get stuck in oil spills.