PDA

View Full Version : Breeze is Realy sick

Aspen and Misty
07-13-2004, 12:13 PM
Breeze's stomach got really hard and really big this afternoon. We called the vet and took her in right away. They said she might have bloat ( more info on Bloat go here - http://www.globalspan.net/bloat.htm ) They took her away from me to do X-rays. We won't know if she has bloat till later tonight. If she does they will do surgery. If not they might do a stomach tube or just something to get everything moving. My poor baby girl.

I called Paws With A Cause and let them know I hope she is going to be all right. I'm so worried.

Please, please please pray for Breeze, I am so worried, I don't know what to do. I hope it's not my fault.

Ash

Pam
07-13-2004, 12:20 PM
Oh my! I hope it's not bloat but at least you got her quickly to the vet's. I live in fear of bloat with Bella because standard poodles are considered *high risk* for bloat along with many other breeds. Please don't be hard on yourself. This is not your fault. Prayers and (((hugs))) heading your way! Please let us know how she is doing as soon as you can.

cocker_luva
07-13-2004, 12:31 PM
who's breeze? im sorry. :(

micki76
07-13-2004, 01:08 PM
Poor Breeze. :( Please let us know as soon as you hear something, Ash. Good thoughts for Breeze coming right up. Try not to worry too much, and don't blame yourself.

heinz57_79
07-13-2004, 01:38 PM
Poor Breeze... :( We have to worry about bloat with Anna and Arthur because rotties are another breed that are considered high on that list. We'll keep all our fingers, toes and paws crossed for you. I hope everything will be ok!

jazzcat
07-13-2004, 03:16 PM
Poor Breeze! I hope she is okay.

tatsxxx11
07-13-2004, 04:31 PM
Oh no:(:(:( Bloat is such a scary condition. But if it is, you got him there fast and thankfully they the vet can begin treatment immediately. I'll be praying hard for your precious baby Breeze. All fingers and paws crossed for you sweetheart. Check in when you can Ash. I'm thinking of you:) {{{HUGS}}}

kimlovescats
07-13-2004, 04:48 PM
Sending prayers for Breeze.;)

Aspen and Misty
07-13-2004, 04:54 PM
Grr To Breezy. She is a BAD BAD BAD dog!! :mad:

Kidding, I'm not mad ;) but, she doesn't have bloat YET. See what happened was. I got REALLY busy with the Rabbits this morning. I felt bad having to keep the dogs in there Kenells (GRR TO ME!! :mad: :mad: :mad: ) so I left them run. Well Breeze thought it would be fun to help herself to the dog food. SHE ATE 20 POUNDS OF FOOD :eek: :eek: :eek: That almost HALF our bag!!! The only reason she didn't it all was because the bag folded weird at the bottom so she couldn't :rolleyes:

So she is at the vet in a "state of shock" (his words not mine) they are keeping an eye on her because she could get bloat still. So please keep the prayers coming!!

Ashley

Pam
07-13-2004, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by Aspen and Misty
SHE ATE 20 POUNDS OF FOOD :eek: :eek: :eek: That almost HALF our bag!!!
Ashley

:eek: :eek: Oh my!!!! At least she is at the vet's should the worst happen. We'll pray that somehow her little body manages to process that meal! :eek: Thank you for the report. Staying tuned and sending more (((hugs)))

heinz57_79
07-13-2004, 05:00 PM
ROFL... Sorry... don't mean to laugh, but GOODNESS! I'm just glad it's nothing *that* serious. Those darn chow hounds! Arthur would do the same thing if we let him. I think the most he's gotten into is about 5 lbs. :rolleyes: Breezy, breezy, breezy... Pace yourself, little girl! A lady always leaves a little something for Miss Manners on her plate. ;)

anna_66
07-13-2004, 05:07 PM
Oh my goodness...20 lbs?! I can't believe she could eat that much:eek:

I hope the poor girl is going to be fine. Kisses and prayers for Breeze.

Aspen and Misty
07-13-2004, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by anna_66
Oh my goodness...20 lbs?! I can't believe she could eat that much:eek:

I hope the poor girl is going to be fine. Kisses and prayers for Breeze.

Me Either!!! :rolleyes:

heinz57_79 - I laughed REALLY hard when I found out! :D Don't feel bad.

Pam - Thank you for the hugs. I need them today, ha ha, I feel like a neglectant mom ;) no, but I do feel bad. I just was so busy, geez. That girl is ALWAYS going to be in her kennel from now on! LOL

Ashley

tatsxxx11
07-13-2004, 05:51 PM
My Lab Star would have done the same thing, given the chance!!! OMG! 20 lbs. of food! Thank goodness she's at the vet's office where she can be monitored! Prayers continue for a quick recovery!!! Nawtee Breeze!!!;) Get well soon sweetheart! And of course, Mama needs a BIG hug too!!!:)

Christiansmommy
07-13-2004, 10:36 PM
Well, i am glad to hear that it isn't bloat (yet anyway), and that she is in good hands, should a scary situation arise.

Swissie's are very high risk for bloat...so i have read a TON of info on it...

Hopefully, it won't turn to bloat, (sounds like things are under control) but if for some reason it does, i have heard that if they have one episode, they could have another...
so you may want to read up on it for future reference.

My breeder (a Swissie extrodinaire)...has had a few bloat cases, and he has explained to me what to do, incase you couldnt get the dog to the vet, asap, for instance, you are home alone and cant lift the dog into the car yourself (Swissie are like 140 lbs)...and if immidiate assistance is needed...he recommends having on hand, a hollowed out bone...to put into the dog's mouth, to hold it open, while you place a tube through it into it's throat...to it's stomach, to try to help relieve the gases...of course this is worse case senario, if you are unable to get to a vet asap...and the dog is in dire need of help...and worse, worse case senario have a large needle on hand to insert into the stomach to relieve the gas asap...if the dog is about to die...since timing is most crutial with bloat...

It seems as though Breeze will be okay, but i thought i would mention this, so that anyone not familiar with bloat, might take those tips as helpful...Dale's breeder has had first hand experience with it...so i trust his opinions...

Any deep chested animal is suseptible...fyi...

Enough of my blabbering :)

(HUGS) to Breeze, and to mommy. I know how hard it is to see them sick, Dale was at the vet on Sunday, and i hated seeing him ill. So please update us, hope all remains well. (((HUGS)))...

Robyn

kimlovescats
07-13-2004, 10:51 PM
Oh Breeze, what a NAWTEE doggie! I hope she continues to improve!!!;)

Kim

Aspen and Misty
07-13-2004, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by Christiansmommy
Any deep chested animal is suseptible...fyi...

Yup, I read up on bloat when I got my first big dog Nova and have since then done tons of reserch on it.

Thanx everyone, I want my breezie boo home NOW!!

Ash

Kfamr
07-15-2004, 10:12 AM
YAY! I just saw this thread, but i'm glad she's home... and feeling better?

ramanth
07-15-2004, 10:47 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: *faints*

I hope Breeze will recover quickly.

tatsxxx11
07-15-2004, 11:34 AM
How's Breeze doing today??? Check in when you can!

stacwase
07-15-2004, 11:40 AM
Oh, my goodness. 20 lbs of food. In shock from eating too much! LOL. It's not funny that she's sick - just that she did that! No wonder her tummy was hard.

Max would do that. So would Tony (the boy chi we're fostering).

luckies4me
07-15-2004, 11:42 AM
When I was working at a vet clinic in California a dog came in, a Mastiff puppy, who had eaten 50 pounds of bundled up rubber bands! :eek: The poor thing had to go into surgery, and the next week we were pulling a nail out of his intestines! :eek:

Feel better Breeze! ;)

Kona & Oreo's mom
07-15-2004, 12:10 PM
20 pounds?! Wow! I hope Breeze's tummy feels better soon!

Aspen and Misty
07-15-2004, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
YAY! I just saw this thread, but i'm glad she's home... and feeling better?

Sorry I forgot to check in yesterday!!!

Breeze was still dehydrated and un stable (a little out of it and not sure what was going on or anything) so she didn't come home yesterday :( :( so I'm still sitting here without my baby girl to anoy me :p

tatsxxx11 - From what I hear Breeze is doing wonderfully, she is eating and drinking on her own. They removed the IV drip from her and she is keeping her self well Hydrated. Her Dyahrea has gone away and she is holding her food in.

Thanx everyone for careing about my sweet baby girl!!

Ash :)

Smilla
07-15-2004, 12:57 PM
Oh...my...gosh--20 POUNDS of food! "State of shock"? I'll say!

Hope she continues to improve!

CatMama78
07-15-2004, 12:59 PM
Oh No!!! I don't pop over to the doggie side too often, so I just saw this, but my goodness - Breeze!! I'm so glad she will be ok and that it's not bloat. Breeze, you sure can eat a lot of food :eek: . Be careful sweetpea.