PDA

View Full Version : Camp Vermont may be getting a new camper!

sasvermont
07-13-2004, 05:09 AM
Well, what was I thinking when I responded to a request from the Rabbit Rescue folks? I don't think fostering would work for me, so the next best thing would be to give another bunny a good home. So, please meet Denver, a male bunny. He is double in weight to what Cinnamon weighs, but she has the excess fur (protection from the cats?) so I think they may appear to be the same in size.

I have not done the formal/final arrangements as I just received the details about Denver, yesterday. All I know is that he is friendly, sweet, about 6 pounds, came from a home in NY state and does not want to spend any more time outside! He was altered in April and has been fostered for only a couple of days, in MASS. I suspect a trip to MASS this weekend might be on my calendar.

Oh well, I am trying to even the playing field here at Camp Vermont. I think Cinnamon needs a comrade. What do you think?

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid128/pb3e8a8bcff8a5c6cb04108ee9295f9c3/f7de5fca.jpg

jenluckenbach
07-13-2004, 05:59 AM
Oh yes!!! IT is only fair to have a bunny buddy for Cinnamon.

Logan
07-13-2004, 07:32 AM
He's darling, Sallyanne, and it would be good for Cinnamon too!! Plus, you're helping one that needs your help!!!!! ;) Go get Denver!!!! :)

kimlovescats
07-13-2004, 08:17 AM
Oh GREAT... a bunny bun for Cinnamon!!! He is BEAUTIFUL!!!!
Go get him right now!:eek: :D

Kim

Karen
07-13-2004, 08:41 AM
People always reccomend caution when introducing a new rabbit to an existing situation, read up on http://rabbit.org and I hope everything goes well! Some rabbits bond eadily, others take some time, and some never do. Has he been with other rabbits in his current fosterhome?

sasvermont
07-13-2004, 08:54 AM
Karen, thanks for reminding me. He is around other rabbits right now, as was Cinnamon when she was being fostered and neither has a problem with other wabbits! I will still follow the necessary steps in introduction. Since Cinnamon is NOT in her hutch/cage, I will keep Denver in it until all is ok with the introduction. Wish us luck. I will call the rescue lady today, to square away the details. I hope this weekend works for everyone!

:)

Vermontcat
07-13-2004, 11:33 AM
Ooh another bunny!:)
I bet Cinnamon would love a bunny buddy!
If you really want to even the playing field then you will need to get two new bunnies!;)
Let me know when you are going down to get him.
I will be busy this weekend but maybe in the next couple of weeks I can bring the kids up to visit the new camper and take lots of photos.:)

luckies4me
07-13-2004, 11:42 AM
Aww, what a gorgouse rabbit he is! Congrats! :D

sasvermont
07-13-2004, 03:59 PM
I will drive 5 hours each way to go and pick up Denver. I will do a photo shoot upon his arrival! We cannot wait!

SAS and Cinnamon

jazzcat
07-13-2004, 05:55 PM
Oh yeah! Another PT bunny!! I hope he and Cinnamon hit it off well. I can't wait to see the pictures. Congrats, good luck and safe journey on your trip Saturday.

Christiansmommy
07-13-2004, 10:18 PM
Ya know, reading this post reminds me of your adopting Gabe from me, way back when :) I would like to think that Gabe started a nice trend at camp Vermont, since you rescued him, as well... :)

Safe traveling this weekend, and congrats to both you and Denver, he is sure one lucky wabbit to be landing a spot at Camp Vermont!!

We will await pics.

Robyn

manda_moo87
07-14-2004, 03:45 AM
Awwww....;D what a handsome fella!

Aspen and Misty
07-14-2004, 12:39 PM
CONGRATS!! How adorable he is!!!

Ash

sasvermont
07-14-2004, 02:20 PM
bump

Barbara
07-14-2004, 02:26 PM
Wow, things change quickly at Camp Vermont!

I just thought I knew everybody and there comes Denver looking cute.

As I am a very shy purrson:D who knows that wabbits have these big front teeth (of course Cinnamon is the sweetest little lady:) ):

Did you think of the fact that he may be bigger than Chloe? Bigger than Juni? As big as Miley:eek:

I wish you good luck for your trip. Why don't you stop at Karen's place to discuss rabbit issues

:)

Zoe: I am jealous that you can go there just like that *whine*

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-14-2004, 05:10 PM
Yeah Cinnamon gets a friend!

Watch out Miley, Juni and Chloe, you've got company coming! :D

Pam
07-14-2004, 05:22 PM
Aaah SAS makes another weekend trip to add another furry friend to Camp Vermont! Every bunny deserves a buddy. :) Let's even up the playing field a little. Three kitties to one bunny -simply unfair! :p Seriously, I wish you a safe trip this weekend and I'm sending out a very warm welcome to Denver, a new member-to-be of the Pet Talk family. ;)

sasvermont
07-15-2004, 06:09 AM
The trip will be a long one, about as long as when I took Ti to his new home. I will have lunch with Deb and Denver, the new bunny and then leave for home. I will be exhausted when I return, but it will be worth it.

Denver is coming from Manhattan (NY) and is one of many in a herd. He is not used to being on his own, so maybe Cinnamon will be fine for him. He is NOT an alpha male, but I have heard that before too! Anyway, I am prepared to keep them apart with only a screen between them until I see that they are friends, then a limited amount of shared time for awhile.

To add to this - I am dog sitting for McDoogle this week, beginning Friday. Camp Vermont will be crowded. Three cats, two rabbits and a dog. I will need a vacation after this week, I am sure!

Thanks for all of your good wishes and luck with Denver.

By the way, Denver is violet in color from what I was told. Interesting.......

SAS:cool:

Vermontcat
07-16-2004, 08:50 AM
Good luck in getting Denver tomorrow Sas!:)
We will be driving down to Conn. tomorrow but not leaving nearly as early as you are and we will be taking a different route from you anyway.
I hope you can post lots of photos of all of the various Vermont Campers including McDoogle the little dog!:)

catlover4ever
07-16-2004, 11:18 AM
Oh I think Denver is adorable. Good luck. I hope Cinnamon enjoys having a friend.

Barbara
07-16-2004, 03:05 PM
Good luck in getting up early:) (I know it's no problem for you:D )

I am curious to see pics of the first contacts:)

Cookiebaker
07-17-2004, 10:24 PM
A new Camper?? Best wishes for a safe trip, SAS, and I am looking forward to seeing pictures!! :)

Cincy'sMom
07-17-2004, 10:34 PM
Hope you had a safe and successful trip today!! Good luck!!

zippy-kat
07-17-2004, 11:02 PM
How'd everybun fair the trip? Pics! Uppiedates! ASAP! ;)

koxka
07-18-2004, 01:41 AM
Yeah, waiting here too,for the happy camper number *5*!!!:D

Yesterday my partner brought me a new bunny too!:)

zippy-kat
07-18-2004, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by koxka
Yeah, waiting here too,for the happy camper number *5*!!!:D

Yesterday my partner brought me a new bunny too!:)

Oh koxka, congrats! :)
Tell us more!

shais_mom
07-18-2004, 10:17 PM
Yeaa!!
Congrats!!!