PDA

View Full Version : Do you ever have reoccuring nightmares?

teenster3
07-12-2004, 11:06 PM
I just posted a thread regarding fears.
One of the fears I listed was being killed by someone. I know it's scary. I have this nightmare about someone always coming after me to kill me & I'm always alone in my dream when it happens!
Do you ever have these kind of dreams? I wonder where they come from!:eek:

TomCat
07-12-2004, 11:42 PM
when i was younger i used to have this one dream where I was at my grandmas house. and there is this one creepy painting of an indian woman on the wall. i would be standding pretty far from it staring at it and all of a sudden the woman would come out of the painting rushing at me realy fast screaming and i would wake up sweaty and scared to death. Use to have it all the time sometimes for weeks at a time. but my grandma never had that painting on her wall. pretty strange

DJFyrewolf36
07-13-2004, 10:02 AM
This one is wierd...haven't had it in a long time though *great now I jinxed myself lol*

Im standing on this hill and staring at someone on a hill across a river. I *know* somehow that harm will come to the person on the other hill if I don't do something so I run to try and help them. It feels like I run forever through the river and the mud and finally I get to the other hill. As Im climbing up I hear a gunshot. I get to the top and see the person shot in the head lying face down. I turn the person over and find myself staring at my own face! :eek:

At this point I usually wake up screaming. When the hubby first heard it he nearly had a heart attack himself...

Now he's kind of used to it :rolleyes:

sirrahbed
07-13-2004, 10:19 AM
Oh yeah! I also have PTSD (post traumatic stress disorder) so that explains the majority of them - but one recurring one is that I am out in the ocean and getting farther and farther from the shore. People on the beach can't seem to hear me screaming. I keep drifting out and the sun goes down and everyone goes away. I wake up drenched in sweat and screeching:rolleyes: That's one for the shrink I guess.

DJFyrewolf36
07-13-2004, 10:23 AM
How wierd...

I've had a similar dream Debbie, except mine Im out on this big gigantic lake and its falling into a black hole like thing...thats why I'm drifiting out further from shore.

sirrahbed
07-13-2004, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by DJFyrewolf36
How wierd...

I've had a similar dream Debbie, except mine Im out on this big gigantic lake and its falling into a black hole like thing...thats why I'm drifiting out further from shore.

hmmm..maybe this is one of those typical dreams like going somewhere and discovering you are naked??:D You have that one too?? I hear that one is very commom...

DJFyrewolf36
07-13-2004, 10:29 AM
My Clothing related dreams involve shoes most of the time. The other day I dreamt I got up and put on one of my shoes and one of the hubbys shoes *we wear the same size, how wierd is that?* and that was all! :eek:

I got up, got dressed...and almost went to work wearing two different types of shoes!

Im glad I wasnt naked though!

Kfamr
07-13-2004, 11:04 AM
I have one that I've had more than once...

My counsins, Aunt, Uncle and I are riding our bikes down the street. It's a small, 2 laned street. I have Simba with me, he's running along with us.
The buildings on the side are RIGHT up to the side of the street. No curbs, no sidewalks.
All of the sudden, some guy with long dark hair and a long black trench coat pops up in the middle of the road, and places a blue tarp across the road. He's holding a knife and says he's going to kill us. We drop our bikes and run into this one building and lock the door.
All it is, is a 1 stalled bathroom.... but there's a door. so we go through the door, and the door leads to a BUNCH of other seperate bathroom stalls. We run all the way to the back of the LARGE room of stalls, where there's stairs. Somehow, the guy managed to get in the building and started lighting it on fire.
We tried going up the stairs, but there's a padlocked gate blocking us, which a fire extinguisher (sp?) is at the top of the stairs, as well as another door. We finally managed to climb over the fence, and went through the door.

Through the door, there's a bunch of offices. In fact, the offices look like the main building at my school. Walking down the hall, we end up on the roof of the building.
There's a little balcony looking over the bathroom stalls, and we see the guy in the trench coat shot dead in the middle of the room. The fire goes out. Then, a helicopter full of army men land on the bulding, and they all come marching out...... and then I wake up.

It's very strange, but I find it very interesting at the same time.

Sometimes We all run in different directions..... there's been times in the dream where I headed off into the woods instead of in the building.... and the guy followed me.

The most scary thing is, I met this guy named Mike who looked EXACTLY like the guy in my dream, even down to the trench coat. He went to my school, but graduated.

heinz57_79
07-13-2004, 11:15 AM
I've been plagued by bad dreams my entire life. I don't know why. There are a couple I've been having since I was little, and every time I have them the details get sharper and one more "chapter" is added.

One is about a witch in a hotel. Ok, it doesn't sound all that scary but I know in this witches room there are children being tortured in all sorts of horrible ways.

The other is I'm playing catch with someone I can see. The ball is about the size of a dodge ball . But it's made out of pins, the sharp side out and when I grab it they go thru my hands.

Then there's just the smattering of horrible dreams that make my gf wake me up because I'm going nuts in my sleep. Blah.. :(

CatMama78
07-13-2004, 11:55 AM
Yes, I too have a lot of nightmares. The one which recurs the most is I think I'm awake and there is a ghost or robber or entity coming through the bedroom door. Then I realize I'm dreaming and try to make myself wake up, so I think I've made myself wake up and am awake, then the same thing happens. It happens over and over with thinking I'm awake, something is after me, realizing I'm still asleep and waking myself up but not REALLY waking up. Is that WEIRD or WHAT!!!

I also have a recurring nightmare that someone is breaking in the apartment and I can't get to my kitties in time :(.

And the last one is that I wake up (in my dream) and am back in New Orleans, then I realize I need to be at work and can't figure out if my work is in New Orleans or Dallas. That may not sound like a nightmare, but I have a REALLY bad feeling in the dream.