PDA

View Full Version : Local shelter needs a bit of help--can anyone else help??

DogLover9501
07-12-2004, 09:52 PM
I probably should have posted this in general but I wanted to make sure everyone seen it and Im not sure how many of you look in general.

There aren't many shelters around here, maybe 4-5, so that means alot of strays are not saved or picked up, or anything, just left...

Anyway this shelter is pretty new, and is getting started, I am going to become a volunteer, but not the kind you may think, I don't walk dogs, clean out cages...etc, because they don't really have that! Most animals need to be put into foster homes until they raise enough money to build a big no-kill shelter!!

I volunteer in other ways, I can help put pictures on posters/website since I have a digital camera or selling fund raiser tickets/comming up with fund raiser ideas, putting up posters..etc

Please keep reading because there are alot of things that are not much money or things you own and may not need that you could donate!

You may wonder why you would donate to my local shelter instead of your own, Im not sure why either, but Im just trying to get some help from my PT friends for one of the few *GOOD* shelters we actually have here.

They have the following things that PTers could help with if you can...
They have an Animal food bank, what they are looking for is:
• Quality wet and dry cat food (Friskies, Whiskas, Purina, Iams, Fancy Feast, etc.)
• Quality wet and dry dog food (Pedigree and Iams--those are the only two they list but Im sure they will accept others!)

They also need the following items:
***Pet Supplies***
• Scratching posts(they can be cardboard, home-made..anything!)
• Cat Carriers
• Quality flea control products (Advantage, Program, Capstar, etc.)
• Dog leashes & collars
• Dog kennels
• Brushes
• Chew Toys
• Pet baskets/beds

***Cleaning Supplies***
• Garbage Bags
• Windex
• All-purpose cleaner
• Rubber gloves

***Office Supplies***
• Computer Paper
• Staples
• Floppy disks
• Printer Ink(HP office jet v40 black - hpc6615d /colour - hpC6578d)
• Pens

They also take Canadian Tire money if anyone saves it or doesn't use it, or could save it, because they can buy pet supplies there.

They also accept donations via PayPal, you pay to [email protected]

If anyone wants to donate things or have any fund raising ideas or anything at all, just PM me!

Thanks! :)

sirrahved
07-12-2004, 11:34 PM
I've got a Canadian $10 bill here that is just floating around the house. I know it's practically nothing, but they can use it more than I can (it's just floating around the house, and I live in the US!) If you PM me an address I'd be glad to send it to them:)

sirrahved
07-15-2004, 10:37 AM
Just waiting for a response!