PDA

View Full Version : very sad day at hubby's work......

carole
07-12-2004, 04:36 PM
My husband came home with awful news last night, his bosse's wife had died.

Kirsten was only 36 years old and left behind two young children Amy 4 and Mitchell 2, when Kirsten was pregnant with Amy she was diagnosed with Breast Cancer and had to have major surgery etc, she was told she could not have any more children, well Hello, along came little Mitchell, unfortunately pregnancy can speed up the cancer and it looks as if this did happen, who know's.

Kirsten worked with my husband and was very well liked, a lovely person, it was Mike's second marriage, and he was older, our age group, so now he is left to raise two little ones by himself, my heart goes out to him, what a dreadful time this must be for him.

Hubby said everyone was stunned at work, and just could not focus on doing anything.

Life really sucks sometimes, I never met kirsten, but I feel so sad such a young life was taken away, to leave your babies would be the hardest thing in the world, please pray for mike and his children, to help ease their pain and give them strength to get through this painful difficult time.

Thanks everyone for listening.

trayi52
07-12-2004, 04:44 PM
Carole, that is so sad! I feel so sorry for Kirsten's husband and the children. They have to be feeling so lost and have such a huge hole in their hearts.

My thoughts and prayers will be with them, and all who loved Kirsten.

Willie:(

MULTICATMOM
07-12-2004, 04:57 PM
I'M A FIRM BELIEVER IN THE POWER OF PRAYER. I'LL PRAY FOR THIER FAMILY. HOW DEVASTATING...

catnapper
07-12-2004, 05:45 PM
Thats hard to hear no matter how young the person. The poor little kids to grow up not having their mom. :(

slick
07-12-2004, 05:53 PM
That's so sad Carole. Please pass on my condolences to the family.

moosmom
07-12-2004, 06:09 PM
How devastating!! My thoughts and prayers are with the families.

I did a story a couple of years ago about a woman who was diagnosed she had breast cancer, just about the same time she found out she was pregnant. She refused all chemotherapy and radiation until after her baby was born. She died when her son was a year old at the age of 36. :(

jenluckenbach
07-12-2004, 07:17 PM
Prayers to Mike and his family :(

Karen
07-12-2004, 07:38 PM
Prayers for Mike, the children and all who love them.

carole
07-12-2004, 08:41 PM
Thank you all for your kind thoughts and words, I am certain in some mysterious way Mike will hear them, I just found out Kirsten was even younger than I was told, she was only 33, so unfair, gosh how do you tell a 4 yr old and a 2 yr old you will never see mummy again, my heart just breaks thinking of it all, and how hard this must be for Mike, he has lost the love of his life, and he must be hurting so much, but yet he has to be strong for his babies.

Sometimes I just cannot understand why the good people have to suffer so much, and from what I know Kirsten was a real bubbly,kind caring person, who loved life and all it had to offer, why why why????????

kimlovescats
07-12-2004, 08:54 PM
What horrible and sad news, Carole. Prayers for husband and tiny children left behind!:(

Kim

captain
07-12-2004, 09:03 PM
Carole,

{{{hugs}}}} to you, your husband and your hubbies' boss.

lynnestankard
07-13-2004, 05:41 AM
I know Carole - it makes no sense does it? So young - so much to live for! Makes me angry when I think of all the awful people walking this earth.

I'll be keeping Mike and the children in my prayers and thoughts - condolensces coming across the miles.
I just pray he's given the strength to carry on.

Lynne

davidpizzica
07-13-2004, 12:22 PM
Carole, my prayers and deepest sympathy go out to your boss's family and to your boss who must not only bear the burden of raising two young children, but also grieve for his wife. Again, my prayers go out to hem.

luckies4me
07-13-2004, 12:35 PM
Oh no. :( How very sad for this man and his two children. So sad to lose someone so young who had so much life ahead of her. :(

ChrisH
07-13-2004, 04:22 PM
Oh, Carole, that is so sad. :( Prayers going out for Mike and the little ones.

Chris

heinz57_79
07-13-2004, 04:55 PM
sometimes life deals a hand that leaves you shaking your head. You can question "why" all you want and never come up with a satisfying answer. A co-worker of my gf went thru something similar a couple weeks ago, her baby choked on a Cheerio. No one could understand why her time on this earth was meant to be so short.

I am a firm believer in everything happening for a reason. I know this may sound strange to some, but perhaps they were taken to be spared some extreme hardship. What could be worse than cancer and leaving your children, I know... but maybe the world just wasn't ready for them.

My heart goes out to Mike and the children. I hope they can find comfort in each other.

Blessed be, Mike! Now you have a guardian angel.

carole
07-13-2004, 09:29 PM
Thank you, you are all so kind and caring people, today is Kirsten's Funeral, it is to be held in Auckland 2 hr drive from here, a lot of them from my hubby's work are attending, they need some-one to man the show-room so steve my hubby is staying behind to let Stacey go as she was close to Kirsten.

Yes may Mike find the strength to go on, little Amy came into hubby's work yesterday, I think the children are being looked after by a friend of Kirsten's from work, no doubt Mike will be in no fit state right now, poor guy. My heart just aches for him and those kiddies.