PDA

View Full Version : Renaming of the kitty

DJFyrewolf36
07-12-2004, 04:03 PM
Do any of you have SOs or family members that INSIST upon changing your kitties name to something obnoxious?!

Some examples from the hubby and his brother for Remus:

Retard

Renob *sorry if this is ofensive lol*

Reject

Just wondering if annoying name changes was a phenominon isolated to my family...I hope so...

My cat was named what he was for a REASON *sigh* :p

Edit: The hubby loves Remus dearly...its just he DOES act like a dummy sometimes *kittens will be kittens I always say*

prechrswife
07-12-2004, 04:13 PM
I answered yes. My husband really likes our cats, but for awhile he insisted on calling Chloe "Cleo" and Samson "Samsonite." He was just joking around and stopped when I pointed out that he was only doing that with the pets that I named.:rolleyes: :)

People tend to butcher Saphirah's name because it is unusual.

kimlovescats
07-12-2004, 04:29 PM
***sigh*** I have to confess ... although my hubby seems like the absolute PERFECT and FLAWLESS catdaddy ... he does seem to have the strange desire to call Cooper ... "Jim Bob Cooter"!!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

CatMama78
07-12-2004, 04:31 PM
LOL Kim!!

Well I call my guys all kinds of names. Williber, Willibert, Wilberina. I call Oreo, Ori and Oreo cookie. And if I'm referring to them collectively, I'll call them Orber, lol.

DJFyrewolf36
07-12-2004, 04:36 PM
Do they both respond to Ober lol? That would be funny to call one name and have two cats appear...

Lacey
07-12-2004, 06:11 PM
I'm the guilty one on that front! Zelda most often gets called "You Butt." It's all out of loooove, though!

For example, when I had the bathroom all set up for Mowgli before I caught him....

Zelda went strolling into the bathroom and started pawing at the little litterbox that I had ready. I wasn't in a position to stop her at the time, so I'm just going, "No! No no no! Not yours!" The next thing I know she's squatting and taking care of business. When she was done, all I could say with the deepest of affection and love was, "You butt." :D

NoahsMommy
07-12-2004, 06:28 PM
Shockingly enough...our kitters do have names that imply a tiny flaw in thier personalities. ;)

Noah is Noal when he's being mean
Noel keeps her name, but its syllables are ennunciated
Basie is BRATTY!!!
Livvy is "shi*s on couch" (<----NOT my idea, David's! :o)
Hermie is BRAT when she's being annoyingly feral
Micah is perfect in every way ;) (I don't know what David calls him in secret)
Phoebe is called PEE PEE :rolleyes:
Samson is is also perfect ;)

CatMama78
07-12-2004, 06:42 PM
Lol, no they do not respond to Orber. I think they both think their name is Handsome :D .

Jari's Mama
07-12-2004, 06:52 PM
All our kitties have nicknames. We call Uwe "Poohie" so much that we might as well give up with the Uwe part. Fido is "Doh." Jari (pronounced with a Y not a J) is "Jarikins" or "girlie girl." She used to be Jar-Jar until that Star Wars movie came out with that terrible obnoxious creature Jar-Jar Binks. Jack is Jack, which is short for Jack O'Lantern to start with, although I call him "Jack-O Pototo Head" a lot. Smudge is "Mister Smudge" which since Smudge isn't really a mister doesn't make any sense, but then again who said nicknames had to make sense?

As far as friends or family members who insist on calling your cat by another name, my DH insists on calling Jack O'Lantern "Jack A...." you get the idea.

I had a kitty named Cornflake once whom was consistently called Kellogg. I guess that is close.
j

micki76
07-12-2004, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by DJFyrewolf36

Renob *sorry if this is ofensive lol*

ROTFLMAO! It took me a minute to figure out what might me offensive about this, then I got it. :D

Laura's Babies
07-12-2004, 11:14 PM
My sister named her orangie kitten "Fred"... When he is acting BAD, she calls him "Freddie Kruger" when he is sleeping, she calls him "Freddie the Freeloader".

catmandu
07-13-2004, 09:18 AM
A Cat by any name,would still be a Great Cat,but they should have one name,that they answer,to in case of emergencies!

DJFyrewolf36
07-13-2004, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by micki76
ROTFLMAO! It took me a minute to figure out what might me offensive about this, then I got it. :D

Old joke...thank you middle school :rolleyes: