PDA

View Full Version : Question about flea & tick stuff

DogLover9501
07-12-2004, 02:07 PM
We have tried a few things on Tigger(Advantage and other liquid forms) for fleas and ticks.

He always has a very weird reaction, and we always end up washing it off him.

What do you all use on your cats for fleas?

lizzielou742
07-12-2004, 02:20 PM
I use Revolution on Tito & Sophie. It's topical - you squeeze a tiny tube of liquid onto the back of their necks once a month. Since it's on the backs of their necks, and such a small amount, they can't lick it off. It absorbs very quickly.

Here is a short description of what Revolution kills:
"Revolution is a topical parasiticide that is applied to the skin of cats eight weeks of age and older to kill adult fleas and prevent flea eggs from hatching. Also prevents heartworm disease and treats and controls ear mite infestation and intestinal worms, roundworm and hookworm."

It's not cheap (about $11 for one monthly dose) but it's worth it. At least that's what I tell myself ;)

CatMama78
07-12-2004, 02:32 PM
I use Revolution too :).

My cats act a little weird after - they get airplane ears and run around the place, lol. But it doesn't seem to physically harm them or anything.

I use it espescially for the ear mite thing, cause Oreo has had problems in the past and to prevent heartworm. Even though they are indoor, I'm afraid a mesquito will get in the house (this is Texas) and bite them.

catmandu
07-13-2004, 11:10 AM
At the found Cat Hotel,we find that the Ova Collar,from the Vets,does do an excellent Job! And there are Flea Drops,that start with R,but I cant remember the name!!!

prechrswife
07-13-2004, 01:24 PM
We use Frontline when we need it. Our cats stay indoors, so we only treat them if we see flea evidence. It's expensive, but it works. (They don't like the application process either, but they do get over it rather quickly.)