PDA

View Full Version : Potentially a very special home for 2 of my fosters

aly
07-12-2004, 01:51 PM
I've been talking back and forth with a woman who originally emailed me about Lucky and Chance. Her daughter was in an accident 18 months ago that left her paralyzed and without speech. She lives in a house about a mile from her mom and has caretakers 24/7. Her mom is looking for 2 cats to keep her company.

I'm going to allow her to take 2 of my fosters to her daughter for 2 weeks or so to be sure the cats are right for the situation. I think Lucky and Chance may have a bit too much spunk in them for the job so I'm strongly suggesting Missy and Magic. I feel very honored that they will bring love and life back to someone who really needs it right now.

Missy and Magic are very special to me. They've been with me for almost their whole lives - they were abandoned at the shelter when they were just about 3 weeks old. I took them home to foster until they were old enough to adopt. But they were a little sickly when they were young and I didn't trust the shelter to take proper care or find them perfect homes. So they've been with me while I (slowly) find them homes. They're now about 9 months old.

Here's sweet Missy sitting on my lap

http://rescuedpaws.com/cats///missyroo.jpg

And my squishy boy Magic being tired

http://rescuedpaws.com/cats///magic2.jpg

Missy follows me around "talking" all the time. She loves to be on my lap a LOT. Magic loves to curl up with me in bed. I have a really special bond with both of them. They mean so much to me and it will hurt to see them get adopted. But I feel that this is the home for my special babies.

lbaker
07-12-2004, 02:04 PM
Aly, I forget how old Lucky & Chance are now. Trust the cats to be able to figure out what that dear daughter needs as far as loving companions. Maybe the older little furballs would be less demanding of attention. You're an angel (even if you do have some dog and cat hair on your wings a lot ;) )

lizzielou742
07-12-2004, 02:22 PM
Awwww, that's so sad :( ...but so good at the same time. Are you sure you want to adopt them out? It sure would be a nice thing to do! :)

kimlovescats
07-12-2004, 02:36 PM
Oh what a fabulous idea!!! I sure hope it works out for her! Please do keep us updated!!!:D

aly
07-12-2004, 02:50 PM
Laurie - Lucky and Chance are about 1.5 yrs old .. not too much older than my little guys. Missy and Magic are MUCH calmer than Lucky and Chance and I'm sure they'd do better in the situation.

lizzielou - I really don't want to adopt them out, but I have to. I took them in knowing they'd just be fosters. It pains me every time my fosters get adopted, but it also opens up more room for me to take in more fosters who may otherwise die :(

Laura's Babies
07-12-2004, 02:57 PM
Cats understand and they will KNOW what they are there for and probably take to the girl really fast. A two week trial is a great idea, to bad she isn't close enough to get Princess that I am fostering!! All she wants to do is love and curl up in a lap!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-12-2004, 03:29 PM
I sure hope it works out. It sounds like these kitties would be doing a lot of good for this girl, and knowing that will, hopefully, help you deal with having to give them up.

Good luck Missy and Magic!

Edwina's Secretary
07-12-2004, 03:32 PM
So wonderful....

rg_girlca
07-12-2004, 04:26 PM
It's so sad for this poor girl and her mother.

I hope and pray that it works out with Missy and Magic and they bring some sunshine into the girls life.

I know how hard it must be for you Aly, but like you said, it does open the door for you to take in some more.
(((((HUGS))))) to you and keep up the fabulous job you do.

catmandu
07-13-2004, 11:08 AM
The Found Cats are Praying that this is just the Right Furr Ever Home,and that tne Cats will Love it there! As much,as The Found Cats ALL Love The Hotel!

sirrahbed
07-13-2004, 11:19 AM
It sure sounds like it could be a purrfect match! It may be just what this girl needs - some very special kitties in her life!! Two who have been hand-raised with love.http://img56.photobucket.com/albums/v170/sirrahbed/heartbeat.gifhttp://img56.photobucket.com/albums/v170/sirrahbed/heartbeat.gif

NoahsMommy
07-13-2004, 11:36 AM
I'm so happy you may have homes for them. :)

You're a sweetie, Aly.

Barbara
07-13-2004, 01:44 PM
Of course my heart stopped for a second but yes: Lucky and Chance are by far too spunky for the nice lady.

Although I must admit it is good that I didn't look in Missy's eyes much earlier:(

On the other hand they will be loved so much- yes- go for it!

lbaker
07-13-2004, 01:58 PM
That's funny Barbara, squishy boy Magic was the one that melted my heart!

aly
07-13-2004, 02:06 PM
I'm still waiting to hear back from the woman, but I am hoping this will work out. The more I think about it, the more perfect my two special babies seem for this situation. The girl is in bed a lot and that is where Missy and Magic like to spend most of their time. If they do go to her, I will bring them to her house and get them settled in myself. I'll also be following up a lot. I'm not going to ask for an adoption fee, but I will request that they buy the cats a cat tree.

CatMama78
07-13-2004, 02:16 PM
What a genreous and great idea! I must say Magic is VERY striking.

jazzcat
07-13-2004, 02:56 PM
Aly - like Barbara my heart stopped for a moment. I can see where the boys would be a bit much for her. I hope it all works out because it sounds like Missy and Magic would be just what she needs. I think you're very special to waive the adoption fee for a cat tree for them. You always help everyone, fur and skin.

I'm sending out positive thoughts!

shais_mom
07-14-2004, 12:16 PM
I hope this works out Aly.
Sounds like this girl needs it. How very special of you to allow this woman to try this for her daughter!! That's awesome!!

catcrazylady
07-14-2004, 12:30 PM
This all sounds so wonderful!! Is there any news yet? I know you will miss them but you are so right that it will open up some room for lost kitties. Keep us posted!

aly
07-14-2004, 12:41 PM
I haven't heard back from her yet :( I'll let you all know when I do!

ramanth
07-14-2004, 12:45 PM
Fingers crossed that two of your beautiful can help. :)