PDA

View Full Version : Remus is such a pill/Updates and stuff

DJFyrewolf36
07-12-2004, 11:14 AM
Remus is staying at the MIL's for a few days while we "Catproof" our home.

For those of you who don't know, the landlord was being kind of uppity about the cat :rolleyes:. Turns out it wasn't even our cat he saw!! Anyway, a few people complained and the landlords arent even doing anything about the pets anymore. One person said that if were paying rent on buildings that aren't up to code *and they aren't, things are falling apart everywhere* we should be able to have pets because even if they do destroy something *I haven't seen ANY pet in the complex that is destructive BTW* it won't make much difference cause in a few years the buildings are going to crumble to dust anyway!

We pay rent early every month. No neighbors have complained at all about anything we do. *Now the neighbors are even more nice to us since we got rid of our creepy roomate* Sooo we're going to get our kitty back! But we're going to be smarter about it. Were going to spray our windows with window shade stuff *the stuff you spray on that scrapes off to deffuse light and provides privacy so you don't have to have the curtains down all the time* That way if Remus is being nawtee and getting in the window no one will be able to see him ;). During the day, he is going to be in my room which faces the road and no one from managememt goes back there. *Im putting the window stuff on the windows there too, just in case*. No one is going to tell me I can't have a cat while someone else in the complex has a dog. *We SAW the landlord petting and visiting the dog the other day, obviously he doesn't have a problem with dogs :rolleyes: *

Management is loosing thier butts on this property. They don't even care enough to tend to the landscaping in the courtyard, the tennants downstairs do that!! With thier own money and time, no compensation at all. *pretty lame if you ask me, the maitainance guy is in charge of all the properties, so I understand why he doesn't have the time to handle it but if a tennant is handling it they should at least reduce rent or something* They're going bankrupt on MOST of thier rentals, so its doubtful they're going to boot out tennants who actually pay rent on time. I'm still planning on moving though as soon as the lease is up. I bet though they aren't even going to fill the spaces since the place is so torn up. *No fault of tennants I think, just old buildings needing sirious repairs*.

They haven't called me since they left the message the first time. They have the home phone and the work phone numbers on file. My theory is is if they don't harrass me, it isn't too big of a deal because they don't feel the need to talk to me. When they called the first time they left a message, during the day when Im at work on a phone that has been inactive for a couple of months *I DID tell them the updated house phone number and so did the hubby...shows how great the filing system there is* I'm just going to pay rent and not even talk to them.

The neighbors are being way louder than us, they yelled at management for an hour because they said that they *the neighbors* couldn't have a goldfish bowl. Then they threw the cordless phone out off the balcony and dented a neighbors truck.
:rolleyes:

Is it my immagination or are people getting nuttier??

Gosh, I got so busy ranting I forgot to say WHY Remus was being a pill! Remus apperantly has decided that he is master over MILs other kittes and the dogs. He has become king lol! MIL says we need to get our home "Catproof/cat invisible" soon so she can get some sleep! I guess he riles the other cats up lol. Kittens WILL be kittens!

Speaking of kittens...when we move we found another cat that is going to go "Poof!" Remember Orange Slice? *I mentioned him in another thread I think* If he is still hanging around our door when we move out, Im going to pack him in a box and take him too! Right now he is just our little outdoor man *don't want to push management too far*. No one has claimed him yet. I doubt he is chipped but before we move Im going to have him scanned just in case.

And a Squirt update for you all: The lady is being really pissy *pardon the language* about EVERYTHING! It is doubtful we will get her. Although they plan on moving soon so Im going to be nice and help them move one day...

Then Squirt is going poof too, unless she has run away already. :(

Anyone want to slap a bad cat owner? I have her phone number...

PS sorry for the length of this post... I had to rant :D

CatMama78
07-12-2004, 11:28 AM
Sheesh - get out of that place, as fast as you can. No need to pay rent on a place that's not even up to code:eek:

As for Remus - he is a cutie pot pie and he is probably running around at MIL's making sure everyone is highly aware of his handsome presence :D .

DJFyrewolf36
07-12-2004, 11:55 AM
He already beat up both her dogs lol!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-12-2004, 02:41 PM
Yep, sounds like moving is the best option. I'm surprised the city lets them keep the place operating if it's not up to code. Just as long as there isn't anything that is so out of code that it could be a danger to you, hubby and your other critters. Also doesn't sound like they would put up much of a fuss if you left before the lease was up, doesn't sound like they care much about anything. :rolleyes:

And if there is a problem with cats, and there is a kitty roaming around, that could be where the problem is coming from. Maybe somebody is complaining about the little orangie?

Anyway, good luck with everything. Sounds like your life will be a lot less complicated once you move. ;)

DJFyrewolf36
07-12-2004, 03:09 PM
I wish I had the money to take in that little orange kitty. I would too, but he needs to be nutered and who knows when he had his last shots. Once I get a permanent job, things will get better though, and I just might invite him in.

Yeah, these people don't care all that much about anything. One lady paid her rent about a month late and they didn't do a darn thing. Looks like they are actually tearing up the balconys on one side to repair them, although they don't look to safe right now! Mostly all the damage is on the outside with the balconys. I mean when you're trying to move a couch up stairs, and walk down the balcony with it and you can HEAR the concrete crack....there is probibly a problem! Ugh, sometimes Im heasatant to walk on the things. I'd complain but well...that isn't too useful!