PDA

View Full Version : Pouncer bit me!!!

catnapper
07-11-2004, 10:23 PM
What's going on with all these PT kitties biting their moms?

I was divvying out some treats tonight and gave Pouncer the last treat. He greedily took it and came back to my fingers for more. He started to lick my fingers free of any treat residue and then *CHOMP* He bit my finger! :eek: Did he think I was a treat too? He actually broke the skin! :eek: I cleaned it and don't feel any pain - he nipped me right at the tip, about an 1/8" away from the nail on my index finger.

No treats for him for a while. He's turning into quite the greedy piggy.

kimlovescats
07-11-2004, 10:48 PM
Yikes!!! The humidity must be getting to these boys!!!:eek:

trayi52
07-11-2004, 10:59 PM
Kim, I remember years ago, when I was just a kid, I was giving my cat Mitzibelle a treat. When she took it from my fingers, she went ahead and bit right into my finger too! She just thought she was getting the treat, but noooo, she got my finger too!

I know that had to have hurt! Sorry, your finger got in the way!

Willie:)

catnapper
07-11-2004, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by trayi52
I know that had to have hurt! Sorry, your finger got in the way!

Actually it didn't hurt... I just sat there stunned for a minute watching a little red dot grow! I was so shocked that he did that! Of course my husband sat there laughing. :D :rolleyes: He told me that's what I got for making him work for his treats (I tell Pouncer to sit - which he does)

Yes, I'm sorry my finger got in the way too!

jazzcat
07-12-2004, 12:40 AM
You most certainly have my sympathies.

There must be something going on - maybe Kim is right, it's the humidity.

catcrazylady
07-12-2004, 05:45 AM
There must be something in the air! You, Sirrahbed, Jazzcat all at once! I think everyone shoud watch for a few days until the moon gets back in line!!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/wink.gif http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

jenluckenbach
07-12-2004, 05:57 AM
How dare you let your finger get in the way of a treat! :eek: :rolleyes:

catmandu
07-12-2004, 09:11 AM
Once in a while,if Iam rubbing the Michaeltummy,too much,he will Nip,my fingers,but never breaks the skin. and as thescent,of the Treat is on your finger,Pouncer thought,that it was a Treat TOO!

CatMama78
07-12-2004, 09:32 AM
:eek: :eek: Pouncer! Why did you do that. Did you mistake meowmie's finger for a snack?!

I embarrassingly admit both of my guys nip me from time to time. Mainly it's Wilber. They never break the skin. But Wilber nips when he's playing with you. Maybe it's cause I call him a rollie pollie ollie and roll him from side to side, lol. I don't know why he does it really, but when he does I just get up and ignore him. Oreo only nips when you pet for too long. Again never breaking skin or doing it harshly. His way of saying - enough with the loves!

lizzielou742
07-12-2004, 09:55 AM
Uh oh! Obviously it was an accident but still! Ouchie! Pouncer, Pouncer, what are we going to do with you? :rolleyes: :D

rg_girlca
07-12-2004, 11:33 AM
Pouncer, I know you didn't mean to bite mommy's finger, but please, be careful not to do it again as those bites smarts.
I've had too many little nips on the fingers, so now I just put their treats on the floor.:D

jazzzytina
07-12-2004, 12:44 PM
Ouch! If he broke the skin, please watch it carefully - Vivi bit my husband a couple of years ago, and he developed a severe infection that went all the way up his arm (she bit his finger) and the dr. told him he could have lost his hand. There's something about cat bites that is very hazardous to humans, apparently. It made him very, very sick - he had to go take antibiotic shots for a week. Just a word of caution from a concerned cat owner... :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-12-2004, 03:04 PM
Tubby has done that to me in the past too. I don't think it was intentional, I think he just thought your finger was another treat. After all, it probably still smelled like a treat if you were just dishing them out. Tubby never broke skin though, so I can't help you there, but I know cat bites can be serious so watch it closely.

And it's funny, I always make Peanut work for her treats too. ;)

Twink
07-12-2004, 03:21 PM
Poun-cer! I know we encourage you to be charmingly naw-tee, but this is something else entirely. Now, go give your meowmie kisses, and be more careful next time.

Catnapper—ouch! Hate it when the fingers get in the way. My usually gentle Rizzo poked a hole in my finger the other day, while trying to take a swipe at the Big Mean Brush. My signal that it was time to trim his nails!

slick
07-12-2004, 07:43 PM
Sorry I just saw this now. Ouch!!! How is it now?

My cat bite still hurts and it happened on May 10th !! It's healed over just fine but it's still painful inside my finger.

catnapper
07-12-2004, 09:46 PM
Thank you for your concern! I don't even feel a thing - its honestly a pin-prick sized hole. I've just kept it clean and have been oh-so careful about any signs of infection based upon what I've seen and read here about cat bites. So far, nothing.

My silly boy just thought my finger was one more treat! He's too piggish lately!