PDA

View Full Version : New Trick!

wolf_Q
07-11-2004, 05:44 PM
I say "Bang!" and point at him and he "plays dead." Well, except that he just learned it today so he goes about it rather slowly. ;)

wolf_Q
07-11-2004, 05:47 PM
Could somebody make me an avatar with this video?

Amber
07-11-2004, 05:47 PM
Thats cute! :D

wolf_Q
07-11-2004, 05:49 PM
And/OR this one?

sammy101
07-11-2004, 05:59 PM
ahh! thats cute!that would take me forever to teach my dog how to do that:rolleyes:

captain
07-11-2004, 06:05 PM
Great videos ............ I love how he "SLOWLY" dies ...... :D

Kfamr
07-11-2004, 10:06 PM
Cute!

I'll try and work on those AV's sometime this week (Val is here and we're probably doing somethings tomorrow)

zippy-kat
07-11-2004, 10:22 PM
Cutteee!

Until he speeds it up, you could always say, "more dead!" ;)
My mom's old/ex boss had a dog that was like that. lol

shais_mom
07-11-2004, 10:33 PM
LOL!!
I love it!!!!
GOOOOO NEBO!

jenfer
07-11-2004, 10:37 PM
Nebo, you are soooooooooo cute. :D

Tonya
07-11-2004, 10:40 PM
What a good boy!!!

popcornbird
07-12-2004, 03:15 AM
That is SO cute!

Blanquito de la habana
07-12-2004, 03:53 AM
:eek: Asterix would never learn that

RobiLee
07-12-2004, 05:28 AM
Excellent Job, Nebo! Wow, you are so smart AND handsome too. A man after my own heart.

How much training do you put into Nebo, Amy? Do you work with him a little every day. I see lots of possibilities with Tori. She seems to listen to me. She is very hyper though which sometimes interfere. But....she does seem willing to work at things. Katie, on the other hand just sits and stares at me to this day. She is the most frustrating girl ever! ;)

Tori has her first obedience class tomorrow and I can't wait to see how it goes. I'm pretty sure she might embarrass me but on the other hand I think she may do pretty well. I would really liike to see how far I can go with her and maybe even give agilitya try.

Give me all the advice you have. You seem to do so well with Nebo!

Robin :D

anna_66
07-12-2004, 09:00 AM
I love it...he "dies" so slowely:D

How on earth did you teach him that one Amy?

primabella
07-12-2004, 09:02 AM
Good boy Nebo!! :D

Crikit
07-12-2004, 10:34 AM
ahhh Nebo makes a cute dead husky...wait that didn't come out right...I meant it's a cute trick for the brat boy.

ParNone
07-12-2004, 07:45 PM
Love the playing dead video. That's just too cute! May have to try and teach that one to Oz.

Par...

ramanth
07-13-2004, 08:45 AM
It's like watching a "death" scene in slow motion! ;) :D

Good job Nebo!

Kona & Oreo's mom
07-13-2004, 09:04 AM
That's adorable! Nebo is so smart, and you are a great trainer.

jazzcat
07-13-2004, 10:30 AM
That's great!! I love how he's so gentle about dying. LOL!!

wolf_Q
07-13-2004, 03:41 PM
Thanks! I got the idea because Melissa taught Lady to do that trick. It was so funny I just had to teach it to Nebo too! The way I taught it was first just saying "down" then "over" to get him to lay on his side. I just kept doing that and then added "Bang!" but still said "down" and "over." Then I said "Bang" and just did the hand signals for "down" and "over"...then gradually fazed out the signals and just said "Bang!" I taught it to him in one day but not all at once. We practiced it for a few minutes every now and then throughout the day so he didn't get bored. I've been having him do it all the time, he's getting better at it. He still tries to cheat though by just laying down and not on his side sometimes. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by RobiLee
Excellent Job, Nebo! Wow, you are so smart AND handsome too. A man after my own heart.

How much training do you put into Nebo, Amy? Do you work with him a little every day. I see lots of possibilities with Tori. She seems to listen to me. She is very hyper though which sometimes interfere. But....she does seem willing to work at things. Katie, on the other hand just sits and stares at me to this day. She is the most frustrating girl ever! ;)

Tori has her first obedience class tomorrow and I can't wait to see how it goes. I'm pretty sure she might embarrass me but on the other hand I think she may do pretty well. I would really liike to see how far I can go with her and maybe even give agilitya try.

Give me all the advice you have. You seem to do so well with Nebo!

Robin :D

I'll usually have Nebo do some tricks and such every day but we don't have actual training sessions. When we were in obedience classes we did though, and it seemed very helpful. Nebo is much calmer now that he's 2 years old but he's still stubborn as ever. He's obedient if he wants to be lol.

I've tried to teach Sydney some tricks and she sounds a bit like Katie lol...She'll just stare at me. Nebo is pretty willing to try and figure out what I want him to do (as long as yummy treats are involved). The biggest thing IMO is to not let them get bored (let training be fun and limit the time of sessions) and to be consistent. Being consistent is VERY important. You can't let a dog get away with something one day and let them do it the next.

I bet Tori will do great in class! Nebo attented 3 obedience classes. He had good days and bad days...he had days where he was SO GOOD and other days he had me mortified. :eek: Overall it was positive though, he *did* pass haha. I'm actually starting just a basic obedience class with him tonight. It's free since I'm a Petco employee so I figured why not! I'm still doing the agility on Thursdays too. Look into trying agility with her (and maybe Katie too?) when she gets older. It's fun!

My Peanuts
07-13-2004, 03:48 PM
Nebo is so cute and smart. He should be in a commercial or a sitcom :D