PDA

View Full Version : Do Boys Make Bread?

tatsxxx11
09-01-2001, 01:29 PM
Don't ask me why. But last night, for some strange reason, it dawned on me that going back to childhood, not ONE of my male kitty's has ever "made bread" :D All of them have been big lap mushes, kissers, lickers, nudgers and purrring machines. Including my newest baby Oliver. He and Mr. B will snuggle as close as can be and purr away. But nary a biscuit's worth of kneading! Any thoughts??

[ September 01, 2001: Message edited by: tatsxxx11 ]

Fuzzy317
09-01-2001, 02:33 PM
Of our four cats, Jackson (male about 11) and Twidgit (female 4 months) are the only ones that make biscuits.

TheAntiPam
09-01-2001, 04:32 PM
Perhaps they ran out of flour? ;)

I've had 3 boy cats and all have done their share of kneading...as did my girl kitty. Dunno why some do and some don't...but then there are lots of things we'll never know about cats! :eek: :eek: :eek:

tatsxxx11
09-01-2001, 04:39 PM
No flour!!! Now there's a thought! :D

zippy-kat
09-01-2001, 05:26 PM
Out of the four kitties we have owned over the years, only one of our boys (and one of our girls) mixed bread.

I love the idea of them running out of flour! LOL :D

yorkster
09-01-2001, 05:57 PM
My 7 year old male kitty makes a lot of bread. My 8 month old male kitten does not do it yet, but he is still pretty active and does not sit still long enough.......but who knows in few months.

Logan
09-01-2001, 06:44 PM
In this house, we call it "makin biscuits", and Mimi does it on us! But as for the male thing, I stood in Helen's door this week, as a matter of fact, and watched Butter happily purring and kneading Helen's pillow while she was at school. At least the Butter boy makes his bread!! LOL! :D
I failed to say that this was the very first time in 8 months that I had noticed him doing that too! :D I sure do love that boy.

[ September 01, 2001: Message edited by: Logan ]

Gio
09-03-2001, 06:58 AM
When he was much younger Gigio would occasionally do it. My sister's two male cats could own a bakery, if they start they can go on forever ;) They are quite attached to me since they lived with me for a while and I catsit when my sister goes away, so when I go and visit, one of the first things I have to do is sit down and let one of them knead for a few minutes.

The sweetest though is my Prema. Half of one of her front legs is missing but also uses her little stump to make bread. I'm the only one she would do it to :D

Pam
09-03-2001, 07:23 AM
Gio, I love the bakery comment! :D My two little boys do too. :)

4 feline house
09-04-2001, 09:55 PM
All four of mine are obsessed with makin' biscuits - they even make biscuits in the air! One boy and three girls. I have only had one other cat, a girl, who made biscuits as furiously as these four, but all have done it to a cerain extent, boys and girls.

Sia1
09-05-2001, 02:25 PM
My little boy, Whisper, is the only one who will knead bread on a daily basis. If I'm lying in bed, he'll jump up and start kneading my baby blanket. It's the only thing he'll make biscuits on, however, but I believe that's the one object that smells the most like me. His sister, Shadow, kneads every once in a while if she's very much enjoying herself but my orange girl, Callie, has never so much as made one attempt. Could this have something to do with the fact she was taken away from her mom too early? :eek:

AvaJoy
09-05-2001, 07:19 PM
The only time my boy Meeshe ever made biscuits was in bed one night next to my head on the pillow . . . delightful! :) I have never seen him do it any other time. He is afraid of any and all loud or unfamiliar noises.

My senior lady Lily has NEVER made bread; I'm sure she must regard it as beneath her dignity, or something . . . and as for noise, she ignores it . . . I have sucked her tail in my vacuum cleaner hose clear up to her rear end and she barely awoke from her slumber. She has that "been there, done that" perspective on just about everything, including the toys I try to entice her to play with.

Both of my cats are so different from each other!

Former User
09-06-2001, 01:48 AM
Just lately me Casper (the black one on the pic below and I'm male) I've started to "make bread". We have a huge teddy bear with my sister, and whenever I'm on the hand of the teddy, I start baking :) My humans think I look cute while doing it, and they try to make a movie out of it, but by the time they get their camera, I'm done :D :D

Former User
09-06-2001, 03:55 AM
Casper here again...now the human was fast enough and she made a movie out of me while I'm "baking" we'll put it to our homepage this weekend so check it out if you want to, I look so adorable while doing it, if I may say so ;)

gini
09-07-2001, 09:11 AM
Rascal, my male orange kitty - makes biscuits all of the time, on me or soft blankets.

But he always needs to add water to his dough as he drools the entire time.

[ September 07, 2001: Message edited by: gini ]

AmberLee
09-07-2001, 04:45 PM
Survey at our house:

Livvy (female) rarely makes bread, but drools when she does do so.

Sassy (Rainbow bridge male) rarely made bread.

Cassy (male) makes bread daily. Is slowly being trained not to use his nails when doing so. Ouch!

yorkster
09-08-2001, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by gini:
<STRONG>Rascal, my male orange kitty - makes biscuits all of the time, on me or soft blankets.

But he always needs to add water to his dough as he drools the entire time.

[ September 07, 2001: Message edited by: gini ]</STRONG>

I like the name Rascal. I have a orange kitten (8 months now) who I wish I would have named Rascal because he is one! His name is Wylie after the coyote, which fits him too because he is always 'up to something' and stalking my other cat.

Gina
09-08-2001, 10:50 PM
All of mine knead me, knead the furnishings etc. :rolleyes: with nails! ouch!
And purr, normally with eyes closed!

&gt;^..^&lt; !

Former User
09-09-2001, 08:26 AM
Hey, it's Casper here again...now the movie of me baking is on our homepage... if you like, you can go and check it out, the address is http://home.pi.be/paddy/kittiecats/
select 'pictures', the movies are at the bottom. Enjoy, meow! :)

thelmalu99
09-10-2001, 11:40 AM
Casper and Kitty are SOOOO cute, I can't stand it!! :)

wolflady
09-10-2001, 11:56 AM
LOL LOL I was just thinking the same thing, Thelma!!! :D Casper and Kitty are constantly providing "cuteness overload"! LOL LOL :D

yorkster
09-12-2001, 01:56 PM
way to knead that bread Casper!

Former User
09-13-2001, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by yorkster:
<STRONG>way to knead that bread Casper!</STRONG>

Thank you! I like to do that a lot

:)

catwoman
09-25-2001, 04:39 PM
Casper clearly "kneads" his teddy. ;)

tatsxxx11
09-25-2001, 06:22 PM
Oh Casper and Kitty...I just had to tell you how cute you guys are!!!!!!! That's all!

Former User
09-26-2001, 01:37 AM
Oh come on guys, we're blushing here already :D

nsweezie
09-26-2001, 11:56 AM
My old cat Chelsea, a male, never "made bread", and Scooter, also male, will only do it when he is super relaxed.
Clyde, another male, is a different story. He does it all the time. He will lay on my stomach or chest, and sometimes I will have to move him because he is kneeding too hard.