PDA

View Full Version : Lots of news about dogs!

stacwase
07-11-2004, 12:15 PM
Well - our life has gone to the dogs.

We're finally moving out to the farm. I don't know if I told you, but there's a trailer on our land, under "life estate". There are two old people living in it, and they don't have to move out until they die. We got a great deal on the place because of that.

Anyways - they have two dogs, Skip and Midge. I'll take pictures later. They're older dogs, and they are house dogs but run free when they go outdoors. They will be at our house a lot. I was out there for 4 hours and only one car drove by. The dirt road is so bumpy that it's impossible to speed. So I let Max out to play with Skip and Midge. They just loved eachother, and they stay right around the house. It was so nice.

Max is just so happy.

Today we're going out there again, and bringing both Jake and Max with us.

Also - it looks like we're going to keep Tony!! He's just such a little lovebucket with us. We love him to pieces. I didn't want to ask Mom if I could have them but today I was talking to my sister, and she said that Mom was hoping we'd keep him and just bring Chloe back to her. Mom doesn't have much of a bond with Tony, but she does with Chloe. It's opposite with us. Since we took them, Tony isn't dependent on Chloe anymore. So separating them won't be a problem. As it is they're often not together because he's housetrained and she isn't, so we have to keep her confined or outdoors or on a leash.

Why do you think it is that Tony is housebroken and she's not? We've been training them together using exactly the same methods.

tatsxxx11
07-11-2004, 03:50 PM
What a great arrangement! I'm sure Skip and Midge will love having Jake and Max to play with:D And congratulations on Tony as the newest addition! And your mom's happy too:) I'm not sure why Tony would be housebroken and not Chloe. How old are they? Some dogs just take a longer time than others to "get it.":D I'm sure you were trying all the tried and true methods. Be patient and be consistent; she'll get it! Keep us updated!

stacwase
07-11-2004, 07:17 PM
We just got back. I didn't take pictures because Jake wasn't feeling well and we had to come home. He got diarrhea and it was all over him - stuck in the fur on his bottom and the backs of his legs. Sure was yucky cleaning him up!! I ended up cutting off all the hair back there and it doesn't look very pretty.

Max had diarrhea a couple of days ago. He went ALL OVER the basement. I think it must be a virus or something. They've been eating their regular food.

Chloe is 16 months and Tony is 8 months. Maybe since she's twice as old, she'll take twice as long to train. My mom misses her sooooo bad. She says she dreamed the other day that she was sitting on the sofa and Chloe was sitting beside her. I hope she gets better soon so they can be back together.