PDA

View Full Version : Library Cat "attacks" patron's dog...

Cinder & Smoke
07-02-2001, 07:25 PM
Threr's probably two sides to this story ~

Boots, our Kat, sez he thinks the dawg musta been a wuss :rolleyes:. You decide:
http://www.thesandiegochannel.com/sand/news/stories/news-78471820010522-180514.html

Be sure to click the links at the bottom of the first story page to get all the details!

Logan
07-02-2001, 07:31 PM
The $1.5 Million sounds a bit much to me, Phred. L.C. is a beautiful cat. Hope she is happy in her new home. :)

4 feline house
07-02-2001, 07:51 PM
Well, Phred, the dog may not have been a wuss....

Decades ago, we had a neighbor who had a German Shepherd that was so mean and viscious he was eventually given to the Air Force (we lived on base, and he was so dangerous it was either that or have him put down). One day Jane came to the door with Rocky on a leash. In the meantime, our Siamese had just had kittens. When Sammy sensed Rocky, she dashed from upstairs and flew at Rocky before my mom or Jane even saw her and proceeded to shred Rocky's face!

As far as Mr. Panic Attack and his $1.5 million - it really bugs me that people who are able-bodied are able to get these assistance dogs when there are still blind, legless, deaf, etc. people who are on waiting lists. I also don't see how he suffered any pain when it was his dog that was scratched. Oh, well.

gini
07-03-2001, 10:24 AM
As my father used to say (with tongue in cheek)........Gosh, 1.5 million, it doesn't seem hardly enough - does it?

felinequine
02-22-2002, 06:06 PM
First, why is there a DOG in a library?When we all know its CATS that can read...:D

TheAntiPam
02-23-2002, 03:21 PM
Quoted from the article:
In his claim, Espinosa says "...[caused] significant lasting, extreme and severe mental anguish and emotional distress including, but not limited to, terror, humiliation, shame, embarrassment, mortification, chagrin, depression, panic, anxiety, flashbacks, nightmares, loss of sleep..."
--------

Gee, I had all that last time I tried on a pair of blue jeans at the store - Look out, Levi's! Maybe "501" will be the amount I'll get!! :D :D ;) ;)

Randi
02-24-2002, 04:05 PM
One cool cat!! :D :D :D

zippy-kat
02-25-2002, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by SpencerTheLion

I think LC is cool :cool: - AJ [/B]

Zipp completely agrees!

I think LC should counter-sue for $13.5 (1.5 for each of his 9 lives). On the grounds that...

This incident caused "significant lasting, extreme and severe mental anguish, in addition to physical altercations including but not limited to, chipped claws, loss of fur, spittle, and vocal emittances; such physical altercations have left LC incapable of (but not limited to) activities such as, scattering the litter out of/within the box, giving the human(s) a good swipe with freshly sharpened claws, shredding the carpet, chairs, books, etc.; in turn, this incident has caused humilation, shame, embarrassment, mortification, chagrin, depression, panic, anxiety, flashbacks, nightmares, and loss of sleep in the feline community as LC was unable to inflict more damage."