PDA

View Full Version : Re: Photobucket

QueenScoopalot
07-10-2004, 10:31 PM
I have been benefitting from Photobucket for a short while now...I know that sooner or later there will be a charge. It's optional now, but what is the proper amount? $$$$$ Guilt trip here! Great site, and don't want to lose it! ;)

sirrahbed
07-10-2004, 10:37 PM
I "donated" $5:) , got a very nice thankyou e-mail, and they lifted some kind of "restrictions" - not sure what that means, though. Were there ever restrictions? It always works just great as long as I have used it - I made the donation when I signed up - maybe 3-4 months ago.

binka_nugget
07-10-2004, 10:38 PM
I think the admin of the site/forum mentioned 10 being a standard donation (to have the restrictions lifted) but they said anything is appreciated.

catnapper
07-10-2004, 10:48 PM
I didn't even know there were restrictions. Being the miserly person I am, I never donated anything.... now I'm wondering what I'm missing! :D

QueenScoopalot
07-11-2004, 10:21 AM
Thanks all who responded...I'll send them $5 or $10.00 then. ;)

sirrahbed
07-11-2004, 10:32 AM
Can anyone tell me what the restrictions are/were?:D

heehee - found my own answer at the Q&A:
"Currently you are limited to 2500 Megabytes of transfer per month and 100 Megs disk space. I feel this is very generous and should be more than enough for the all types of users. If you link to a lot of pictures, try to keep the sizes smaller or at a higher compression and it will really help you out. If you are so kind to donate, your limitations and restrictions are lifted indefinately."