PDA

View Full Version : Cats in your hair

Uabassoon
07-10-2004, 05:06 PM
I don't know if it's my hair gel that I've been using, or if it's just my hair in general. Lately all of the kitties have been very interested in it. The other day at Alexa's Pocky kept bitting my hair and pulling it, it hurt too! Alexa also has really short hair like mine but Pocky has never bitten her hair. Yesteday Tibby started doing the same thing to my hair, on a few occasions like after I've gotten my usual summer buzzcut Tibby likes to clean it for me. But last night she was really yanking on my hair with her teeth which she has never done before. This morning I had to keep tossing Corkscrew of my pillow because he also decided that my hair was fun to pull. So do you think maybe it's a hair product that I've been using that the kitties are really attracted to? I don't want them bitting my hair anymore!

Laura's Babies
07-10-2004, 05:20 PM
Something is attracting them to your hair! If the hair products are the only thing new, I would try not using it and see what happens. What could it hurt to try?

Uabassoon
07-10-2004, 05:22 PM
I don't really think that anything is new though. But maybe before I go to bed I'll just try not shampooing my hair and just rinsing it with water and see what happens.

sirrahbed
07-10-2004, 05:22 PM
weird! Did you just get a new buzz? Maybe they like how it feels?? Or, is your hair gel something new? Maybe that is what they like:eek: OUCH!

Uabassoon
07-10-2004, 05:24 PM
I buzzed it a few months ago, and that's when Tibby decided it was fun to lick. It's grown out a bit, I did get a little trim a few days ago and now just recently all of the cats have decided to attack my hair. I just don't understand what brought it on so suddenly and why all of the cats are doing it.

edit: maybe they don't like my new haircut :eek:

rg_girlca
07-10-2004, 05:25 PM
I'm sorry Laura, I don't mean to laugh, but what you described just made me giggle. Again, i'm sorry since it did hurt you.

Yes it definitely sounds like the hair product that you are using.

When my hubby's back is sore and I have to use the Blue Ice gel on it, my Katie girl goes nuts when she gets a whiff of it.
She will start nipping at my hands and tries to roll on my hubby's back. Silly girl that she is. :)

So, I would say it is the hair gel.

Uabassoon
07-10-2004, 05:26 PM
I'm sorry Laura, I don't mean to laugh, but what you described just made me giggle. Again, i'm sorry since it did hurt you.

Don't worry even though it does hurt I still laugh about it! I just don't laugh about it while they are doing it and I want to get some sleep.

sirrahbed
07-10-2004, 05:34 PM
I've got the giggles here too!:D Just this mental picture of Laura trying to sleep with kitties nipping at her hair even though she is burrowing under covers!! Attack of the hair seeking kitties!:D
I guess you could try spraying it with kitty NO! but then you would stink:eek: Wish I had a remedy! Surely it is a product they like, though - with Pokey doing it too:rolleyes: I think your idea about rinse-rinsing it real good before you go to bed is a good one.

sirrahbed
07-10-2004, 05:37 PM
a thought! do you use any product with lavender or chamomile??? My kitties LOVE that scent and I have some aromatherapy cream I have used and they lick my skin when I put it on!!!

catcrazylady
07-10-2004, 06:02 PM
Sorry but LOL!! I know it hurts and what a pain but the visual is funny. Maybe if you recently got a trim they used something new in the shop and that is what is attracting the little boogers! You know how wierd cats can be...once they got started they realized they were having fun aggravating you and getting lots of attention! Hopefully they will quit soon. Maybe you put pantyhose on your head at night before you go to bed and see if that helps. If you do can we have a picture? http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/wink.gif

I hope you know I'm just playing!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/tongue.gif http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

lizzielou742
07-10-2004, 06:59 PM
Sounds familiar, Uabassoon. Tito and Sophie think my hair is a toy. Luckily they play with the ends, and leave my scalp alone (99% of the time)!! They chew on my hair, and they like to bury their paws in it when I'm lying in bed and knead my pillow. I guess they like the feeling of my hair between their claws. Sophie actually never did it until she was around Tito...he taught her how to do it!! (He's also taught her how to climb the spindles - see this thread: http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=49696&highlight=Tito+spindles. Pics of that coming soon!)

They both love swatting at my ponytail. Usually when I am sitting at the computer, one of them will climb up the back of the chair (nawtee cats) and sit on the back and swat at my ponytail every time I turn my head. It's cute. :)

I love being a cat mom!! :D

jazzcat
07-10-2004, 11:19 PM
LOL!! I'm sorry but your comment that maybe they don't like your new do just cracked me up. That would be my luck, lol!!

I'd read the ingredients on your hair products and see if catnip is listed - maybe in the fine print.

kimlovescats
07-10-2004, 11:57 PM
aha... yes, we must see pictures of Laura sleeping with pantyhose on her head!!!:eek: :D

Maybe when your hair is cut really short and a fresh cut .. it feels more like a cat's fur??? Maybe you feel more like momcat to them that way, and they just can't resist you!!!:D

Kim

catmandu
07-11-2004, 11:27 AM
Maybe you didnt read the list,of contents,where itread,Made From Whiskas Temptation Extract,as that might just clear, up the mystery!

Barbara
07-11-2004, 11:32 AM
Filou loves Siegmar's hair when it's really short and he grooms him all the time. And he loves Aloe Vera cream.

So there must be something either in your hairdo or in the stuff you use for it they love:) ;)

NoahsMommy
07-11-2004, 12:19 PM
Our kitties LOVE to groom David and we're pretty sure it because of the hair product. :) Noah, especially, has a thing for it. When we put it on our hair, he's highly interested in our hands afterward too.

Its cute when the groom you, just not at 3 or 4 AM! Sometimes I have to put the blanket over my head so Noah or Basie will go away!

RedHedd
07-11-2004, 12:29 PM
Mitzi used to crunch on my hair - I think it was the product I was using. I didn't put two-and-two together until a bit later and she stopped muching on my hair when I changed products.

Kirsten
07-11-2004, 01:28 PM
That's so funny!

My Katz had sometimes licked my hair, and I always thought it was the hair spray. I think it's not that she liked the taste, I believe that she thought there was something in my hair which did not belong there, so she licked it off. Anyway, I did not allow her to do that because I was afraid the spray was toxic.

Kirsten

lynnestankard
07-11-2004, 01:53 PM
Sorry Laura but - :D :D :D

It's just the metal pic., of you getting your hair chewed!!

I'm sure it's some ingredient in the product. We all know how daft our furries are about **smells** :eek: :eek:

Maybe some new gel will do the trick!!

Lynne

QueenScoopalot
07-11-2004, 02:00 PM
I wonder if the product has petroleum of some sort in it. Vaseline is a waste to put on my hands in the winter, as the cats lick it off so fast! I think Kim's on the right track in that they think of you as another cat and are grooming you. I have one or two here that like washing me....Sahay can be downright pesty!:rolleyes: :eek: :)