PDA

View Full Version : The Appointment Has Been Made...

RobiLee
07-09-2004, 02:24 PM
Yes, I made Tori's appt. today for her to be spayed. It will be on the 13th, this coming Tuesday. I will drop her off at 8am and can pick her up any time from 2-6.

I REALLY did not want to do this. I know I have to though. I am having some really bad fears about it and I just don't know why. It is probably because Katie popped her stitches open after she had hers done and bled like crazy. That was scary and I wasn't even there. Alden had went to pick Katie up by himself because I was still not moving too well from my own surgery. This time we will both be there just in case Tori decides she wants to get a little active herself.

I don't want to leave her there. I'm afraid she will be scared. I can't help it, she is my baby.

Thanks for listening....Robin :)

Kfamr
07-09-2004, 02:28 PM
Awwwww Robin {{HUGS}}

It may be scary for you now, but in the long-run it's the best thing to do! I'm sure she'll be fine and we'll be thinking about her until her "zipper" heals up!

Be a good girl, Tori, and give your momma some kisses for me. :p

heinz57_79
07-09-2004, 02:51 PM
I completely understand your fears, but I'm sure everything will be ok! Everyone in the House of 52 Paws will be keeping their paws crossed for ya! :)

Uabassoon
07-09-2004, 02:52 PM
I can understand being nervous, I'm always nervous when I take in a critter to get fixed. When my girlfriend took in her two kittens I was so nervous that I ended up making her nervous! I'm sure that everything will be fine, and remember that you are making the right choice by having her spayed.

Cinder & Smoke
07-09-2004, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by RobiLee

...for her to be spayed.
It will be on the 13th, this coming Tuesday.

:(

Did ya *furget* about da Findlay Gathurin on Sunday, July 18??

Da White Coat will prolly *nix* lil Tori attending so soon aftur Sir Jury.
:(

Izzit too late ta put it off fur a week? :confused:

chocolatepuppy
07-09-2004, 03:20 PM
It's always scarey have your dog fixed, I ususally pace the floor until the vet's office calls! But I'm sure everything will be fine. :)

My Peanuts
07-09-2004, 03:21 PM
Robin, I know exactly how you feel. After preaching and preaching about spaying a neutering I found myself so worried about Sylvia. I honestly felt like backing out even though I knew I couldn't and wouldn't. Sylvia, Katie and all the other PT dogs are fine and Tori will be fine too. I know you know that already, but sometimes it helps when other people say it too. Keep us updated after she gets home.

Good luck Tori, you'll do fine! :D

lizzielou742
07-09-2004, 03:29 PM
It's funny that you posted this today, because I was just thinking today that I have to get my kitten Sophie spayed in a few weeks. I am nervous about it - I have never had to deal with animal sir jury before, because Tito was neutered at the shelter before I got him. So, I went online to look up information about the sir jury (how long it takes, what kind of stitches they use, etc.) and ended up viewing a web slideshow of the actual sir jury being performed on a cat. BAD IDEA. I don't recommend it. :( But I know I have a good vet and my baby will be fine, and so will yours. Keep us updated! :)

Amber
07-09-2004, 04:35 PM
Good Luck Tori! :D Before you know it, it'll be all over.

How old is Tori now? I wish our vet would let us get Elvis done. I just want him to get it out of the way now.

tatsxxx11
07-09-2004, 05:09 PM
Oh Robin:( I don't blame you for being nervous about the sirjury, especially after Katie's experience. No matter how "minor," it is sirjury. But you have to put your faith in the vet...I'm sure she/he is a good one...and keep reminding yourself that it's for the best.

We all know how important it is for their overall health, aside from the ***no babies*** aspect. I waited too long, just a few extra months, to get my beloved RB Lab Jingles spayed...she was a rescue, appx. 2 yrs. and was unspayed. She developed pyometra, a very serious infection of the uterus, often seen in unspayed females who are not bred. I almost lost her! I'm sure Tori will do fine Robin we all understand your concerns and remember, we're all here for you and for her! Hugs to Katie and Tori!!!:)

dappledoxie
07-09-2004, 05:23 PM
Awww, I'm sure she will do fine, but I can understand your worry, I do that too! :D Hugs!!

jenfer
07-10-2004, 12:51 AM
Robin, it will be fine. A lot of us here has been through the same thing. ;) Me included. :) It's just a natural thing for mom to be worried. Gigi started jumping the same day she got home. :rolleyes: And she would cried and cried and cried at night...etc etc... But a few days later she is back to her normal self. :) I blame it all on the cone she has to wear.

Cinder & Smoke
07-10-2004, 08:56 PM
Did ya *furget* about da Findlay Gathurin on Sunday, July 18??

Izzit too late ta put it off fur a week? :confused:

ATTENTION ALL:

Prayer Day for Tori has been pushed back a week :D ...

Wouldn't want a silly ole Vet's Appointment to
get in the way of a Findlay Bark Park Gathurin!

Here's what Robin advised in a PM >>>

"As Alden would say ~
I had a major blonde moment :p

The appointment has already been changed and
it will be the following week now."

Glad we got that straightened out! ;)

/s/ Phre

RobiLee
07-10-2004, 09:17 PM
Thanks for all the nice thoughts everyone!

Now, Phred! You did not have to announce my major blonde moment here to everyone!!! :p Just teasing! ;)

Not only did I make the appt. the week of the Findlay get together but it was also made the same day as Tori's first obedience class :rolleyes: What was I thinking or I guess I wasn't thinking. I just wanted to hurry and get it over with...LOL

As Phred has said the appt. has been moved back a week.

I'll keep you all posted.

Thanks....Robin :)

anna_66
07-11-2004, 11:54 AM
PHEW! I thought for sure that sweet little Tori wouldn't be coming to the park! Boy am I glad you moved it ahead a week:D
Robin, will you be bringing Katie this time too? I sure hope so!