PDA

View Full Version : Strange Peeing Positions?

kimlovescats
07-09-2004, 01:10 PM
Does anyone's cat Pee Pee while lying down? Silly Claire does!:rolleyes:

The quality of this pic is lousy, but you get the idea ... she squats like most kitties, then lies down all the way! :eek:

http://www.catmommy.com/~photos/tn/6090_348.ts1089330697468.jpg

sirrahbed
07-09-2004, 01:12 PM
:D Can't say that I have ever seen that before! Maybe she just gets tired? You won't have to worry about her accidentally missing the box, either;) Cute lil Claire!

catlover4ever
07-09-2004, 01:24 PM
I have not seen that before....although Abner lies down to sharpen his claws on his condo......how weird is that one. :rolleyes:

Craftlady
07-09-2004, 01:46 PM
Eleanor cant go in the middle of the box (for either business) she has to hit the inside front or back side of the box. Prefers a dry spot without litter for the pee. So it's worse to clean up than it it was among the litter. Drives me nuts. :rolleyes: Eleanor doesn't bury so instant stink. :eek:

sasvermont
07-09-2004, 01:49 PM
For some reason, my cats (Abys) have made it a habit to balance (sometimes just three legs up and one leg down) on the litter box when pooping but all the way in to pee. Makes for an attractive picture, eh?

jazzcat
07-09-2004, 02:04 PM
That is strange, never seen that before.

SAS - that is even stranger!:D

catcrazylady
07-09-2004, 02:11 PM
LOL!!! That is a new one! I don't know if it's just her thing or if she is lazy. I do know that she is adorable!!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-09-2004, 02:12 PM
Hmmm....interesting...I was going to say that we have to get our "potty expert" on it (sirrabed), but I see she has already posted and is befuddled like the rest of us. ;) :D

SAS, your 3 are interesting too. Has Miley always done this or did one of them start it and now all three are following suit?

T & P are quite normal in the litterbox, except that Tubby likes to sit it in lately, right after he pees so the litter sticks to his butt. :rolleyes:

kimlovescats
07-09-2004, 02:15 PM
SAS ... funny you should mention that, because a few of mine have been seen doing that also! I think it is in an effort not to get the precious feetsies dirty!:rolleyes: :D

lizzielou742
07-09-2004, 02:43 PM
I have never heard of that before! Silly Claire!! :rolleyes:

Felicia's Mom
07-09-2004, 03:18 PM
I wish Felicia was more like that; sometimes she stands up and the pee goes over the top.:eek:

RICHARD
07-09-2004, 03:24 PM
Ed has a covered box. He pees with his head sticking out.

#2 is done with his body all the way inside..
:confused:

DJFyrewolf36
07-09-2004, 03:27 PM
Hrm...I have never seen that before either!

Remus is such a picky bum! He burries every little thing so you have to inspect closely to see if he is actually using the box!

How wierd is that?

sirrahbed
07-09-2004, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
Hmmm....interesting...I was going to say that we have to get our "potty expert" on it
but of course! I jumped on it as the first responder!!hehehe:rolleyes: SHEESH - what a thing to be remembered for!

DJFyrewolf36
07-09-2004, 03:40 PM
At least youre known to be an EXPERT Debbie!

You should be proud!

Laura's Babies
07-09-2004, 04:43 PM
I think that is real cute! (Next she will learn to eat laying down?) Maybe that is just how she learned to do it or perhaps a low rider litter box cover?

Twink
07-09-2004, 04:49 PM
Rizzo has been lying down to eat lately. I've been telling him that he has reached the very apex of laziness...but I guess I was wrong! ;) Claire sure is a cutie-pie.

Kirsten
07-09-2004, 04:53 PM
How cute!!! :) I think Luna did that sometimes when she was little. :)

Kirsten

rkidsrcats
07-09-2004, 06:32 PM
Our goofy Tiger MUST pee with one leg hiked up on the side of the box. Won't pee without it up and takes a long time maneuvering to get in just the right balanced position. Needless to say, the other boys complain that he hogs the 5 bathrooms!

RedHedd
07-09-2004, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
Ed has a covered box. He pees with his head sticking out.

#2 is done with his body all the way inside..
:confused: Mitzi does the same thing

rg_girlca
07-09-2004, 09:09 PM
Never heard or seen this before either. But it sure is cute.
Claire is such a sweetie pie.

nibblets
07-09-2004, 09:33 PM
Julie squats normally most of the time, but occasionally she will put her front paws on the rim of the litterbox and sit up very straight and tall. She usually will scratch at the wall next to the box when she if covering up too. She covers her stuff and then scrapes down the wall to get that extra something that only she can understand.

rosethecopycat
07-09-2004, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by sasvermont
For some reason, my cats (Abys) have made it a habit to balance (sometimes just three legs up and one leg down) on the litter box when pooping but all the way in to pee. Makes for an attractive picture, eh?

Snowy, my big blue point does it exactly like that. I posted a picture once.

:p

smokey the elder
07-10-2004, 08:02 AM
Her Highness Bosun doesn't want to touch the litter, so she perches on the side to do her business. She doesn't cover, either. eww.

catmandu
07-10-2004, 08:30 AM
Maybe,its due to the fact,that she isa Kitten,and is not used to using the Box! JJJ3,and Moose,The Magnificent,are so Large,that they have to lean,on the outside,of the Box!

QueenScoopalot
07-10-2004, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by sasvermont
For some reason, my cats (Abys) have made it a habit to balance (sometimes just three legs up and one leg down) on the litter box when pooping but all the way in to pee. Makes for an attractive picture, eh? I have an all black girl who I rescued a while back, that I saw do the same thing last night! It is so weird to see. I have a few restaurant bussing boxes (used to clear dirty dishes) that I aquired, and they make wonderful durable litterboxes. I have one that's probably over a foot deep, and Sashay was doing the doo in that! And my cerebellar hypoplasia siamese Eli can't help himself when he gets in the potty, scootches a leg under himself, lays on his side, and does his thing. I have to count my blessings that such a brain damaged kitty actually uses the potty! :D :eek: :p He's a smart boy though! :) And ohhh so handsome!