PDA

View Full Version : Midnight at the white coats

Laura's Babies
07-09-2004, 01:05 PM
She went in this morning for her spaying so everyone say a little prayer for her today. She'll come home in the morning.. She has been doing really well here, has quit wanting to go outside or missing her baby and been putting on weight. Her fur is coming back and she is looking really good compared to what she looked like when I got home. Her favorite place to be is in my lap and SHE is the one who says "FEED US NOW PLEASE", so when they hear her, they all come running.

Things between them all go good, then theres a fight, then they ignore her, then they watch her with interest and on it goes.. Just take time but I am not afraid to leave them all loose together in the house..

catnapper
07-09-2004, 01:06 PM
Good luck on the spaying! Thats great news as to how quickly she took to things in her new home.

kimlovescats
07-09-2004, 01:06 PM
What wonderful news for Midnight, Laura!!! I'm so thrilled for her and you both! Saying a little prayer for an uncomplicated Spay!

Love and Hugs,
Kim:)

catlover4ever
07-09-2004, 01:10 PM
Good luck to Miss Midnight. Laura please let us know how she makes out.

sirrahbed
07-09-2004, 01:14 PM
Hoping everything goes smmothly for Midnight:) Bet she will become a shining beauty for you Laura!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-09-2004, 01:59 PM
What good progress she's making!

Keeping fingers and paws crossed that the spay goes well and she's back home begging real soon. :)

jazzcat
07-09-2004, 02:02 PM
I hope everything goes well at the white coats.

I'm very happy to hear she is doing better and eating well!

catcrazylady
07-09-2004, 02:13 PM
Awe! I 'm so glad things are going well for Midnight. It sounds like she has become a lot healthier. Prayers for the sweety at the white coats. We know she will be fine but we will pray anyway. Keep us posted on how she is doing.

CatMama78
07-09-2004, 02:13 PM
Good Luck sweet Midnight!

lizzielou742
07-09-2004, 02:43 PM
Fingers and paws are crossed for Midnight! Update us when you get back!

Laura's Babies
07-09-2004, 04:48 PM
She is out of surgery and waking up, they said she is doing fine!! I am glad I waited until she was healthier before I had it done though. The business with the shots gave me a fright so I didn't want her to get set back again..

I can bring her home in the morning.. I had a vet (years ago) that use to let me bring them home the same day, is this overnight something they just started?

Twink
07-09-2004, 04:51 PM
Glad to hear everything went well! Will be even gladder to hear that she's safe at home. :) I'm so impressed with the progress she's made. You've done wonders for her already!

CatMama78
07-09-2004, 04:51 PM
Aww good job brave Midnight. You are all done with your surgery!

I think it's usually a same day turnaround. At least mine was for my guys last year. Aren't the ladies a more complicated surgery, maybe that's why or maybe they didn't get to her until later in the day. I know they have to keep them for a few hours as a precautionary measure.

I'm so glad everything is looking good for Midnight.

sirrahbed
07-09-2004, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Laura's Babies
I had a vet (years ago) that use to let me bring them home the same day, is this overnight something they just started?

Emily and Eliot were my first surgeries in over 15 years - before that it was always a same day procedure. Guess times have changed - which I am actually glad for because then you don't have to worry as much about complications or to even see any bleeding or sedation!

rg_girlca
07-09-2004, 09:21 PM
I'm glad to hear Midnight came through her surgery well and is doing fine. She will be even better once she gets back home.

It's also good to hear she is adjusting well.

kimlovescats
07-09-2004, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Laura's Babies
She is out of surgery and waking up, they said she is doing fine!! I am glad I waited until she was healthier before I had it done though. The business with the shots gave me a fright so I didn't want her to get set back again..

I can bring her home in the morning.. I had a vet (years ago) that use to let me bring them home the same day, is this overnight something they just started?

Laura ... different vets around here do it either way. I think really leaving them overnight is in their best interest. That way if there are any complications, they are right there! I am so relieved to hear that sweet Midnight did well! I know you are very excited to get your special girl back home with you though! Hugs to you, my friend!

Kim:)

Craftlady
07-09-2004, 10:22 PM
RB Butterscotch he came home same day. Skinny came home same day (he was fixed in Sept 2003). Both being male and little scars.

Glad Midnight did well with her surgery.

catmandu
07-10-2004, 09:41 AM
No Little Prayer,From all The Midnight Fans,at The Found Cats otel,A Giant Pryer for Midnights recovery! And A Giant MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOO OOOOOOOOOW Too!