PDA

View Full Version : Want to hold a contest?

primabella
07-09-2004, 09:09 AM
How about if we hold a contest, just for the fun of it? I know we have pretty much covered all the topics in the past, but we do have new members so how about we start over? :D

We can do Best tail, Best markings, Cutest Butt (this was my first contest that I hosted *tear* Good times ;)), Cutest Nose, Paws ect... (one at a time, of course)

These contests are all in good fun, so I hope nobody takes offense or gets their feelings hurt if they do not win. So before, I ask for entries.. is everyone alright with holding a contest? :)

Thanks. :)

Kfamr
07-09-2004, 09:19 AM
You read my mind!!

Last night I was thinking about holding a contest, but i've been trying to come up with a new theme!

ParNone
07-09-2004, 09:44 AM
Hi Prima!

How about a video contest? Seems like more and more people have the capability to do that now. Maybe set a time limit, like 10 or 15 secs, so we don't get too carried away.

Par...

swimma253
07-09-2004, 09:55 AM
that sounds fun except my camera only takes 5 second videos! :(

cali
07-09-2004, 10:42 AM
no not a video contest, only a few people have the abiliy to make videos, these few people just happen to post a lot of them, most people CAN enter a regular photo contest though and we have not had one in a while...

Kfamr
07-09-2004, 11:22 AM
I like the video idea....

Hmm... Maybe a Story contest.
Like a max. number of pictures to tell a story, with your dogs in the pictures?

Or some other ideas:

Another best friends
Kind to kids (Dogs with kids)
Best helper (Dogs helping do things)
Impersonate smilies (lmao.. I dunno)
In action (any picture of dog running, swimming etc..)
Dog with toys (Picture of dog with favorite toy(s)

Amber
07-09-2004, 11:43 AM
Sure! can't wait for a new contest! :D

wolfie
07-09-2004, 12:28 PM
That'd be fun! ^_^ I'd like another contest.

I can't do video though, so I'd prefer a photo one.

GoldenRetrLuver
07-09-2004, 12:31 PM
I thought the Best Friend's contest was pretty fun [I believe PCB hosted it?].. where you hook up with another Pet Talker and one of their pets. :) We could do another one of those, since we have lots of new members?

heinz57_79
07-09-2004, 01:05 PM
I'm in for a contest! Sounds like fun... :)

primabella
07-09-2004, 02:59 PM
I'm glad to har that so many of you are interested in holding one. :) I'd love to hold a video contest but I know that not all members can view a video (happened to me once) and that not everyone is able to make videos. We won't completely scrap it though.. maybe a short video showing off your dogs' tricks?

I like the dogs in action one. That sounds good. What deos everyone else think? (By the way, I'd love to host it. I always had fun in the past doing it. :D But if anyone would like to make the prize (sig, avatar, blinkie ect) let me know. :) )

Thanks!

Amber
07-09-2004, 03:18 PM
What about another dog and owner contest? That was pretty fun!

dappledoxie
07-09-2004, 05:23 PM
I like the ideas, I don't have an easy way for video so that's out for me. lol :D

primabella
07-09-2004, 05:30 PM
Hmmm okay, well I think it's between the Best Friends contest and the dog and owner contest. Any other suggestions? :)

If we don't get enough answers to give me the contest subject, I'll just choose one for now and we can do another after it. ;)

micki76
07-09-2004, 05:38 PM
I like the Best Friends idea. :)

christrev
07-09-2004, 06:58 PM
Yep count me in I luv contests, especially where my pets are concerned, I'll try anything except videos........can't get the hang of em.............best friend contest.......sounds good......or what about pics of your pets doing crazy things?...........dunno really..................just choose & I will willingly join in.......

chris

DogLover9501
07-09-2004, 08:07 PM
Im in for a contest :D, But not videos(sometimes they work for me and most times they don't lol), not dogs and their owners either :o

Im not sure what the "best friends" one is, but it sounds fun :D

GoldenRetrLuver
07-09-2004, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by DogLover9501
Im not sure what the "best friends" one is, but it sounds fun :D

It's where people on Pet Talk hook their pets up with someone else's. I believe last time we had the same species together [dogs with dogs; cats with cats; birds with birds; etc.] You then create an image cropping both of those pictures of the pets together, forming something "signature-like". You could also include text. :)

primabella
07-09-2004, 08:44 PM
So Best Friends it is? Does anyone want to volunteer to make the prize? Or for those who aren't able to crop their pictures, are there volunteers available who wouldn't mind cropping them up for them? I wouldn't mind doing them, but extra help is always welcome. :)

Thanks for all the input guys. I'll make a thread for sending in entries soon. :)

Kfamr
07-09-2004, 09:01 PM
"Me" for all of the above. :p
(Just tell them they need to send me a PM with the two pictures/text they want)

primabella
07-09-2004, 09:03 PM
Hehhe okay thanks Kay. :) If anybody else is interested, just PM me.

christrev
07-10-2004, 05:51 AM
Hello primabella,

Luv to enter the contest, will TRY to do my own entry, but might PM you if it doesn't work, one question, how do we "hook up" with someone else?

Sorry about seeming ignorant but I am new to all this forum stuff.

chris

primabella
07-10-2004, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by christrev
Hello primabella,

Luv to enter the contest, will TRY to do my own entry, but might PM you if it doesn't work, one question, how do we "hook up" with someone else?

Sorry about seeming ignorant but I am new to all this forum stuff.

chris

Don't worry about it Chris. Ask all the questions you need to. :)

You can hook up with someone else by just pairing up your dog with one of your PT friends' dogs. Or in the contest thread I made you can let the board know that your dog is available and I'm sure someone will offer to enter with him. :)

*LabLoverKEB*
07-11-2004, 07:57 AM
How about..... CUTEST LEASH/COLLAR? :)