PDA

View Full Version : how often do your dogs get new toys?

wolfie
07-08-2004, 10:50 PM
just wondering how often your pups get new toys. We get Daphne a new toy once or twice a year. Sometimes she destroys old ones, but it's mostly we get her new ones for a nice change. And we bought Cocoa a couple toys in her life - but she really doesn't play with them. She'd rather have treats. ^_^

GoldenRetrLuver
07-08-2004, 10:59 PM
I would say once every other week or so. They can never have enough toys. :p For treats/bones, I would say once a month.

MariaM
07-08-2004, 11:05 PM
Major always has some kind of bone because he is teething and all, also he would just chew up his dog house.

He gets a new toy about once a month, depends on how often I get to the store.

Amber
07-08-2004, 11:06 PM
every other week practically. Whenever we are out, and see something we think they will like we buy it.

micki76
07-08-2004, 11:11 PM
New toy? Once a month or so. They're pretty gentle on toys.

Chewies? We go to Petco once a week and stock up, and I order two dozen or so special bones online about once a month! I have major chewers here! :D

cali
07-08-2004, 11:21 PM
they get one toy on their birthdays, and each get a about 2 toys each for christmas. otherwise they get all their toys from flyball tournys(prizes). we cant afford a new toy every month lol lets see all my dogs toys were either presents, toys from gift swaps, but mostly prizes that they earned themselves, and those seem to be their favorites.

Aspen and Misty
07-08-2004, 11:25 PM
2 every week. They only get $0.88 toys! LOL. So it only cost us 2 dollars a week to buy them new toys. But they destroy them the day they get them! LOL. So they NEVER have more then one toy at a time :rolleyes:

Ash

*LabLoverKEB*
07-11-2004, 08:12 AM
I would say about 1ce a moth or so. Actually, we are thinking about going to Petco today to get Sadie a new bed, her old in is kinda all balled up, not very comfortable,. Poor bed. lol. And I will probably get her a new toy.:)

Kfamr
07-11-2004, 08:21 AM
Way more than once a month.

Between me and other PT'ers sending us things. :p
I get them something everytime I go shopping.

chocolatepuppy
07-11-2004, 11:00 AM
It probably averages once a month. There's always something, a birthday, Christmas, Easter, 4th of July, just because, etc....At least with all the toys I shouldn't have to vacuum as much since you can't see the floor:D

anna_66
07-11-2004, 11:20 AM
Quite often, but on the average about once a month. They have so many right now I just don't know what to do with them all:o

jazzcat
07-11-2004, 03:10 PM
Disney doesn't like toys.:( I've tried but she will eat anything that is soft rubber and she just ignores everything else. She used to love rawhide bones. She would fetch them and naw on them but she even stopped that several years ago.

Her life is pretty much eat, sleep and potty with the occasional run around the backyard to flush out the birds.

chrissycat21
07-11-2004, 04:51 PM
Snowy gets new toys and bones once in a while. The thing is, she already has so many, she doesn't know what is hers or mine!

-Chrissy

christrev
07-11-2004, 05:03 PM
Well Sasha just luvs tennis balls, she plays for hours with one, her fav game is to take it to the top of the stairs & as I sit in the hall at the bottom at my 'puter, she rolls the ball down to me for me to throw back up to her..........this can go on for ages, she never gets fed up.

If we buy her anything it's a tennis ball. She also chews at them till they have burst open............she's got one on the go like that now....

When we are out walking with her, she plays "fetch" with sticks etc.

chris

binka_nugget
07-11-2004, 06:19 PM
Whenever I have money! :D LOL It probably averages out to once a week or so.

My boys don't play with their toys that much. I don't know why I keep buying toys for them. Kai prefers the pop bottle over any of his toys anyways. :o

catnapper
07-11-2004, 11:25 PM
Whenver Nixcki is in the mood for a new stuffy - she'll just walk into the girl's rooms and steal one off the bed, or go into the closet and help herself to a beanie baby! :D She's very gentle to them, so if the girls want them back, no harm done, and if they don't care, she's picked out a new toy! :p

RobiLee
07-12-2004, 05:51 AM
I put once a month. It use to be so much more. When we first got Katie I just couldn't stop myself...lol. NOw that Tori is here they seem to keep each other entertained so I don't buy as many. I actually haven't had to buy anyting lately because Anna, Kay and Amy have kept us well supplied with bandanas, treats and toys :p I put them up and rotate them so they don't get so tore up.

Robin :)