PDA

View Full Version : Lots of Prayer Needed

Erika
07-08-2004, 09:34 PM
My good friend Christa was in Florida at a Christian boot camp to prepare her to go on a mission trip to Egypt. After her first week in Fl, she began to feel very sick.

Her counselor thought it could be just the flu or something, but when Christa woke up crying, they knew it was serious.

They took her to the hospital and she had to have emergency surgery. She had appendicitus. As soon as her mom found out that she had her appendix out, she flew down. Christa was in the hospital for 5 days.

She came home yesterday morning and although she is slowly recovering physically, I think that she is emotionally troubled. She is so sad that she is not going to Egypt. They said that they would save her funds until next summer, but I know that she was really looking forward to this trip.

So if you could, would you please pray for Christa so she can get through this and that her body heals completely. Thank you.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
07-08-2004, 10:53 PM
All of my sincerest prayers to Christa. Get well soon.

countrycowgirl
07-08-2004, 10:55 PM
lots of prayers coming that way!! get better soon

slick
07-08-2004, 10:59 PM
Prayers going out to Christa. I've had that operation and recovery was a bit long but OK. I just know that she will heal quickly.

Erika
07-09-2004, 10:23 AM
Thank you so much for your prayers.

Logan
07-09-2004, 10:32 AM
Erika, it is good to hear from you again!!! :)

Your friend, Christa, will definitely be in our prayers. My stepson, Andrew, who is 9, had to have his appendix removed last year. The recovery was slow, but he did great! I'm sure Christa will feel better about everything when her body is healed. She is lucky to have a good friend, like you!! :)

Logan

tatsxxx11
07-09-2004, 05:00 PM
Lots of get well wishes and healing prayers are on the way. I know she must be disappointed about missing her trip to Egypt. But the important thing is now that she heal and get strong. I'll bet another opportunity will come her way very soon! Get well soon Christa!:)

Erika
07-09-2004, 08:49 PM
Thanks everyone. I took her to a movie today and we just took it easy. Her stomach is still bloated so she complains about looking pregnant. But I assured her that she doesn't. :) We are VERY thankful that she didn't get appendicitus in Egypt. I can't imagine that they have very good hospitals in the part that she was going to. She was lucky to have it when she did, because if it happened a week later, it could have been fatal.