PDA

View Full Version : Anime...

slleipnir
07-08-2004, 09:17 PM
I know this was asked a while ago but I was curious about newer members. Is anyone here interested in anime? If you are, which ones do you like?

I'm addicted very very very badly to One Piece (Jen's fault..) It's very entertaining and funny...and great. and Zoro. Well I don't know if you'd call it an addiction..I mean, I bought a T-shirt, have the entire soundtrack, 102 epis (and getting more) manga, all my website layouts consist of OP characters..uh..yeah I'll stop now.

I also like Naruto and Fullmetal Alchemist. Very good too. But I'm sure you guys never heard of them cause it hasn't been licensed yet form Japan (well actually One Piece and FMA are new licences I think) Also IMO, if you've only watched stuff on TV and have decided it's horrible then you should watch the good stuff before judging ;)I HATE the stuff on our TV. I would never watch the stuff my bro has cause I thought it was all like the crap on TV but I watched some Japanese one iwth subtitles (.hack actually) and have loved it since lol

Ones you guys probably heard of that I like are Outlaw Star, Cowboy Bebop, Wolf's Rain, Escaflowne, etc.

Yes I know I'm weird so hopefully more people here like anime too so I'm not a weird loner....

Hai hai...ja ne T-T

Amber
07-08-2004, 09:26 PM
what exactly anime? never knew what it really is.

slleipnir
07-08-2004, 10:02 PM
Japanese animation

Crikit
07-09-2004, 01:01 AM
I LOVE anime, it's totally addicting when you find the right stuff. My personal faves would have to be:

Fushigi Yugi
Ayashi Ceres
Marmalade Boy
Ranma 1/2 (oldie but a goodie)
Rurouni Kenshin
Love Hina
Tri-gun
Key the metal idol
Sailor Moon (but it has to be the Japanese version...none of that english dubbed crap)
and
Neon Genesis Evangalion

Haven't really had a chance to watch any new ones lately because the video store that I go to had a fire and they aren't renting anything right now :( I could download some of the fansubs but I've been to busy downloading Asian Dramas instead...those are almost as addicting

BCBlondie
07-09-2004, 04:51 AM
Meeeee!!!!!

Wolf's Rain and FLCL are my fav!!!! :D

neko1
07-09-2004, 06:32 AM
ME too!!!!

Haven't gotten a chance to see Naruto yet cause I need my friends computer...

But I like Fushigi Yugi, Trigun, Tenchi Muyo, Ranma 1/2, Yu Yu Hakusho....

Maresche
07-09-2004, 06:44 AM
My Faves are:

Slayers and
Ruroni Kenshin (the real Japanese version, not the watered down cr*p they sell state-side)

I've also recently started watching FullMetal Alchemist. I'm only 4 eps in but I'm thoroughly enjoying it.

Escaflowne is also really good but I wish I had never been exposed to Evangelion.

slleipnir
07-09-2004, 10:09 AM
I've seen one epi of Kenshin. I liked it :D I want to get more of it lol

CatMama78
07-09-2004, 10:16 AM
My boyfriend loves the stuff. Me - well, not so much. Only one I sorta liked was Lain.

cali
07-09-2004, 10:36 AM
Inu-Yasha, DragonBall Z, and Yu Yu Hakusho are my 3 faves :p I only get to see the ones on TV, but a friend of mine owns the Yu Yu Hakusho so those I get to see lol

jenfer
07-09-2004, 12:50 PM
ONE PIECE!!!

heehee... No need to thank me, Audrey. ;)

I read more comic book than watching anime. Another one is Detective Conan (called Case Closed in US). I also like The Prince of Tennis, Shaman King, Naurto, Hikaru No Go...etc etc... I am quite very addicted. You should see all the books and DVDs I have at home. It's INSANE! lol.

jenfer
07-09-2004, 12:55 PM
Thought I would add: I only like to watch it in Japanese with subtitle, the dubbed ones are baaaaaaaaaaaaaaad (IMO).

BCBlondie
07-09-2004, 02:11 PM
From the mangas, I like FLCL, Weed, Ranma 1/2, aaand there's some more but I can't think of them... >.<

Gravitation is also a good anime movie. ^_^

slleipnir
07-09-2004, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by jenfer
Thought I would add: I only like to watch it in Japanese with subtitle, the dubbed ones are baaaaaaaaaaaaaaad (IMO).

I agree XD

Oh yeah I'm watching Prince of Tennis now too. I traded someone my One Piece epis for her PoT epi's hah XD

Aspen and Misty
07-09-2004, 02:41 PM
My brothers used to LOVE this stuff, they would watch it ALL the time, now me, I don't like it all that much and am glad they don't watch it any more so I don't have to. Although, I do find myself watching this one Anime Show, not sure what it is :)

Ash

heinz57_79
07-09-2004, 03:02 PM
I'm not so much into the series anime, but to be honest, I've never seen much of it. I do like some of the full length features tho. Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away and Castle in the Sky are all great movies.

slleipnir
07-09-2004, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by heinz57_79
I'm not so much into the series anime, but to be honest, I've never seen much of it. I do like some of the full length features tho. Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away and Castle in the Sky are all great movies.

I enjoyed those movies as well. We watched Castle in the Sky in Japanese class actually haha.