PDA

View Full Version : Recipe for Dog Treats!

sammy101
07-08-2004, 09:14 PM
i just finished making these about 10 minutes ago,i thought i would put the recipe on Pt! here it is...

2 cups-All purpose flour
1 cup-Cornmeal
1/4 cup-Wheat germ
2 tsp-Beef bouillon powder
1/2 tsp-Garlic powder
1- Large Egg
1 tbsp-Canola oil
1 cup-hot water

Turn the oven onto 275 F(140 C).Combine the first five ingredients in a bowl and stir everything together.Add the egg,cooking oil,and water.Mix together and knead well,then roll out onto a well floured surface to 1/2 inch thickness(1 cm).Cut into bone shapes or use your imagination to make other shapes.Arrange on an ungreased cookie sheet and place on the centre rack of the oven.Bake for about 2 hours until dry and very hard.Use your oven mitts to remove cookies sheet from the oven and let it cool on a wire rack.Let the treats stand overnight to dry thoroughly .Store in a container with a lid.

i would recommend not wearing any rings or watches because it is sticky and messy:rolleyes:
ENJOY!:)

anna_66
07-08-2004, 10:43 PM
Sounds like a good recipe. Do the dogs like it? Are they really crunchy?

slick
07-08-2004, 11:08 PM
I make dog treats to sell for my local Humane Society. You can get tons and tons of recipes off the Net. Just use Goggle to search for "dog treat recipes".

The best part is that you know what's going into them. :) :)

sammy101
07-09-2004, 09:03 AM
Ya my dog likes them.there really hard and dont smell very good( like most treats),but he likes them.

Erika
07-09-2004, 10:31 AM
I make some with a recipe I got from Three DOgs Bakery. Have you evr heard of it? I have a whole book full of fun and tasty recipes for dogs. I haven't made something from it in a while. I forgot I had it until now! Lol maybe that's something I'll do today.

Kfamr
07-09-2004, 02:17 PM
I'll have to try those one of these days, thanks! :D

sammy101
07-09-2004, 02:39 PM
ya they are crunchy,im not sure if you can make them softer?im sure you can use other flavours than beef.
thanks i'll have to look that up on Google!

*LabLoverKEB*
07-11-2004, 08:08 AM
We just made about 4 batches of dog treats over the past few days! Phew! I will have to trre that recipe sometime! Thanks! :)