PDA

View Full Version : What kind of girl are you?

catnapper
07-08-2004, 05:52 PM
I was thinking today about how much of a girly-girl I am. While playing Volleyball on the 4th, I squealed everytime the ball headed my direction and I'll admit I ducked more than once. I call hubby each time a bug needs to be removed from my presence. I am not at all into "guy" things like sports, beer parties, buffets, and movies like Blazing Saddles or anything with Steven Segal.

All that said, I'm not ultra feminine either. I don't know if I have anything lacy. I don't have anything "romantic" in my home like gauzy lace curtains or cabbage rose patterned pillows. I hardly ever wear skirts, and when I do, forget nylons! :D

Then I also don't have the patience to play with makeup and fussing with my hair - thats too high maintenance for me! :D. I care about my apperance, and wear casual, timeless pieces.

So, the way I figure, there are several types of women out there... which are you?

I consider myself to be a no-nonsense girly girl!!!

RICHARD
07-08-2004, 06:05 PM
I can't find a category....

:p

Steven Segal only shows that there is a role for chubby dudes that kick butt.......in the movies anyway....

catnapper
07-08-2004, 06:06 PM
Thats Cuz you're a boy!!! :D I couldn't think of a way to make it work for girls and boys.

bluekat
07-08-2004, 06:09 PM
Hmm...I think I can fit into a few categories, but I chose Trendy girly-girl:p I love wearing nice clothes and putting on makeup and everything:p

BCBlondie
07-08-2004, 06:12 PM
I guess I'm a tomboy but also a girly girl. Around my mom I'm more of a tomboy cuz that's what she thinks I am and judges me as and I just don't feel comfortable being anyone else around her. I play sports and don't squeal.. In playing 'knockout' (a basketball game) with my guy cousins and brother, I beat all the guys except my brother, but he was on a really good basketball team at the time lol...:p But when I'm around my friends I wear flare jeans and girly shirts and stuff. I don't really put on makeup, unless I need to.. like it's some really fancy dinner or the prom or something..

Cookiebaker
07-08-2004, 06:12 PM
I think I'm somewhere in-between. I'm not into makeup, clothes or hair-dos (or don'ts). I'm not into magazines or perfumes or anything special. I wear black jeans almost every day.

But on the other hand, I like having a romantic dinner with hubby; I like flowers on the table; I adore good-smelling body washes and lotions; I like having a neat house.

So I don't really think I am "high maintenance" -- I'm just me.

ps I had to LOL at the use of "girly-girl". The guys at work found out that I despise being called "honey" or "dear" or anything affectionate like that (by anybody other than hubby). So they call me girly-girl instead. :rolleyes: :o

zippy-kat
07-08-2004, 06:20 PM
Welllllll.... if we define the categories by your first post, I guess I'm high maintenance. I don't leave the house without my make up on and/or hair done. Granted, I don't wear alot of makeup-- pressed powder, mascara, and eyeliner are my basics-- nor do I spend an ungodly amount of time on my hair (maybe I should, though!).

I'm girly-girly too. I don't like bugs, don't like to get dirty or sweaty or anything like that. I'm not big on sports and that toliet seat better be DOWN! ;)

aly
07-08-2004, 06:28 PM
I think I'm a pretty good mix. I grew up playing soccer on all boys teams. I was also the only girl on the drumline for all 6 years I was in it. I can hang with the guys pretty well. (edit: micki's post reminded me, I'm very techy as well.. one of the few girls in UT's HUGE computer science program). But on the other hand, I love pink! I also love glittery and sparkly stuff. I dress up and baby my dogs and cats like they're kids. I LOVE lotions and flowers and all that other girly stuff.

I am extremely LOW maintenance though. Never been one to spend much time doing my hair or makeup :o I always wish I was that sort of person, but I'm not.

micki76
07-08-2004, 06:29 PM
I think I'm a good mix of girly-girl & tomboy.

I don't have anything lacy, frilly, or feminine in my house or closet. I don't wear skirts, or like romantic dinners, or lotions and stuff like that.

I do wear make up and "fix" my hair everyday. I like new hairstyles and colors and my hair changes nearly every time I go to the salon. I wear a bit of make up every day. I love romantic movies.

I also like masculine furniture and decorations in the home. I hate to shop and to “talk about my feelings" is really not me. I can sit for hours with people and not feel the need to talk. I communicate great with the guys at work and we only use a handful of words in a day. :)

I'm not scared of bugs or anything like that, except for spiders. Pet tarantulas don't scare me, just all the wild ones. LOL

I'm also pretty "techy". I know how to program all the gadgets we have and all the neato things I can do with them. Hubby has no idea how to do something as simple as use the remote for out stereo, and he's banned from my laptop. :rolleyes:

zippy-kat
07-08-2004, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by aly
But on the other hand, I love pink! I also love glittery and sparkly stuff.

:D :D Ohhhh glitterrrrrrr, ppppiiinnnkkkkk, sparklieesssss!!! :D :D
Yes, please!

Aspen and Misty
07-08-2004, 06:47 PM
Well, I am the disapointment in my faimly.

I don't do my hair all nice. I don't wear makeup. I wear baggy shirts and pants around the house. When I do go out I put on Mascara as my makeup, leave my hair the way it is and put on Jeans, but still wear my t-shirt. My sister and mom are always :rolleyes: at me because I'm not REALLY girly girl. Although, I do LOVE pink!! I'm wearing Pink nailpolish right now. My fav outfits are black and pink and I have REALLY pink shoes :D

Ash :D

cali
07-08-2004, 06:48 PM
well I nam not tom boy, but I sure aint girly! lol I mean I do have make-up that I wear every so often, but only basic stuff, so lipstick or eyeshadow, or eyeliner for me! I dint dress in whats trendy I dress in whats comfortable, most of those just happen to be boys cloths.. lol I dont do fancy stuff with my hair, but I have really long nails, usually plain though. I am not afraid to get dirty, and I am pretty much always coverd in cuts and bruises, I LOVE to dig in the dirt lol my favorite port would be hockey, and often I am one of the guys, I do not love shopping or anything, but I still have girly qualitys lol

Aspen and Misty
07-08-2004, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by aly
I think I'm a pretty good mix. I grew up playing soccer on all boys teams. I was also the only girl on the drumline for all 6 years I was in it. I can hang with the guys pretty well. (edit: micki's post reminded me, I'm very techy as well.. one of the few girls in UT's HUGE computer science program). But on the other hand, I love pink! I also love glittery and sparkly stuff. I dress up and baby my dogs and cats like they're kids. I LOVE lotions and flowers and all that other girly stuff.

I am extremely LOW maintenance though. Never been one to spend much time doing my hair or makeup :o I always wish I was that sort of person, but I'm not.

OMG!!! You sound JUST like me! I always wish I was more girly, like cared about my hair and makeup, I just can't get into it though! And I also love pink. Ok, I'm gonna start a Pink thread sometime!! LOL.

Ash :)

Karen
07-08-2004, 07:03 PM
I hit "other" - I think I'm just plain no-nonsense - there wasn't a choice for that. I do not wear make-up, never saw the point and I'm allergic to most of it anyway. Yes, even the "hypoallergenic" stuff. I do not care one bit about what is "fashionable," and I hate clothes shopping. I despise shoe-shopping with a passion. I have no piercings, never saw the point of pain for beauty's sake - which is also why I never wear heels. I am not afraid of bugs, spiders or snakes, was always a disappointment to boys who tried to scare me with them. I know how to change a tire, check the oil and all other fluids in my car, and how to start a car with a stuck choke, among other things.

Yet I do wear skirts and dresses, like to bake cookies and other stuff, and am artistic, like pink - but like blue better, like wearing bright colorful things. I enjoy being a girl, just MY kind of girl!

No glitter, though - Paul swears he gave my picture to every store that sells glitter forbidding them from selling me any after, years ago, when he worked for the Boston Computer Society, he come home one day and I pointed out a piece of glitter on his cheek that had probably been there all day. He is NOT the glitter type. ;)

RICHARD
07-08-2004, 07:05 PM
Karen,

Catnapper won't let me play...:(

binka_nugget
07-08-2004, 07:06 PM
I don't know what I am. I'm a mix I guess.

Most days, I wake up, give my hair a quick brush and dress in whatever I find. I don't care *too* much about appearance but I don't like looking like a complete slob either. I play a bunch of sports and love kicking the guys' butts in soccer and wrestling. :p

I'm squirmish about so many things though. For example, I was the only person in my biology class to not touch a single thing when we went to the aquarium. Most of the stuff wasn't even alive..I just didn't want to touch them. When I felt a worm on my foot, I freaked out for half an hour. I was hysterical.

Sometimes I dress up. When I do dress up, I go all out. I bring out the makeup, the perfume, the heels, everything! It's very rare but.. it's a nice change for now and then.

primabella
07-08-2004, 07:10 PM
I wouldn't say I'm girly-girl at all. I don't wear make-up, wear skirts or fancy shirts. I'd rather just go around in my jeans, sneakers, and t-shirt. I used to try and style my hair to keep it straight but now I stopped blow drying it and brushing it out and leave it go natural and wavy.

I don't get sick looking at worms or bugs -- they fascinate me. :p I'm not good in sports but I don't duck at balls or squeal either, hehe. I wouldn't say I'm girly but I don't mind dressing up either. I don't know what I qualify as.

Amber
07-08-2004, 07:14 PM
I don't really know. I love to be trendy and make my hair nice, and wear cute clothes, but then again I'm like one of the guys. Sometimes I can care less how my hair looks. Or if I'm just in sweats. or maybe thats lazy-ness? lol

jenluckenbach
07-08-2004, 07:30 PM
tom boy, I guess.

No make up, no jewelry, no perfume (all due to allergies :() But I am glad that I don't have to bother with it.
Hate to wear anyting but jeans or shorts and T-shirts (but will if the occassion arrises)
I like to build and fix and tinker instaed of having someone do it for me (except for the computer)
Don't mind getting dirty but I still hate all bugs :eek:

Tonya
07-08-2004, 07:32 PM
Mix of Girly-Girl and Tom Boy

I like my pedicures and trendy clothes, but I prefer to hang out with the guys and I get annoyed with screechy girls.

sirrahbed
07-08-2004, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
Karen,

LOL, you can play, Richard - you can be "other" - and then you can tell us what kind of girl you would be if you "were" a girl - you know, like Mel Gibson in "What Women Want" this is actually your golden opportunity:D
Me, I chose no-nonsense girlie-girl. I used to be high-maintenance but am getting older and just don't have the inclination. Besides, I think that approaching 50, the natural look is really more appealing. I use a bit of under-eye eraser, blush, mascara and lipcolor, that's it. I do keep my hair with highlights just for fun. I dress casually but love pinks, soft drapey skirts, soft tops, etc. Anything feminine, I love it. I like to decorate country-victorian with plenty of flowers, lace, ribbons and bows.
Yup, an aging girlie-girl!!

Karen
07-08-2004, 07:38 PM
Karen,

You can play - I say so, but you don't seem very girly to me!

lizbud
07-08-2004, 07:46 PM
Karen,

I picked "other' also. None of the other catagories discribe
me at all. I am a WOMAN ,not a girl, Haven't been a girl in years. :p :p

Fox-Gal
07-08-2004, 08:00 PM
I guess I'd have to pick all of the above, if that was a choice.

Thanks to my family, I've been exposed to it all, so if I need to be

Ultra Feminine, I can,
Trendy, I try
High Maintence , my husband says yes to that one. :rolleyes:
No-Nonsence, yep that too.
Mix of Girly-Girl and Tom Boy, I'd like to think I'm more that then anything.
Tom Boy, yep, you should see me ride a Quad, race a car, hit a golf ball or trow a football. :D
One of the Guys, well I have more guy friends then female, so I guess yes to that too.

I'm 100% OTHER. LOL

GoldenRetrLuver
07-08-2004, 08:10 PM
Mostly Tom-Boy.

You will rarely ever find me wearing makeup, or any "girly-type stuff". I play sports; and I kick butt at Soccer. ;)

Blood, bugs, guts, etc. don't scare me, and I'm usually never freaked out by any of it. I do wear bracelets and necklaces ocassionally, but I don't think enough where it qualifies me as "girly".

Most of my friends are guys. I do have friends that are girls, but I prefer hanging around with guys anyway. :p

heinz57_79
07-08-2004, 08:32 PM
What an interesting thread... I'm definitely a tom boy... sort of. :) I'm what they call in "my world" a 'tweener'. For those of you unfamiliar with the lesbian lingo, that means I'm categorised neither as butch or femme. ;) I'm most comfy in jeans, a festive shirt and a hat. But I can dress it up or dress it down, depending. I do own and occasionally wear makeup. Granted, most of my clothes are on the more masuline side but that's due to comfort - not anything else. I own NO skirts or dresses. I do, however, have a great tail coat. :D I have a baseball cap for casual days, a page boy hat for a more interesting look and a fedora when I want to look reall festive. I have short hair, but up until a few months ago my hair was actually pretty long. You will NEVER find me in heels, unless they're %$#@-kicking boots. heheh

slleipnir
07-08-2004, 09:03 PM
I don't really know how to describe it. I'm not really a tom boy (kinda am though I guess) but I do wear feminine clothes..I just don't wear much (if any) makeup and that sort of thing

Erika
07-08-2004, 09:19 PM
I think I am a mix of a girly girl and a tom boy. I don't havea problem getting sweaty, in fact I do every day when I play tennis. 95% of my friends are also boys so I feel very comfortable around them. I alos like to climb trees and get dirty and stuff like that. I alos hate shopping. Now for the girly girl part of me. I love wearing skirts in the summer, but not the super short butt showing ones. Mine are always to my knees. I also cannot kill bugs. I always make my boyfriend or someone else do it. I do wear minimal make-up, but usually only in the winter. I really haven't worn make-up this summer.

NoahsMommy
07-08-2004, 09:23 PM
I voted Trendy Girly-Girl because I"m obsessed with anything trendy. :)

But I'm very much like Tonya...way high maintence too! I normally wont go anywhere without some make up and my hair somewhat presentable. I HAVE to match at all times...even, especially, my pj's.

As for sparkles and pink...life wouldn't be complete without them. ;)

Christiansmommy
07-08-2004, 10:39 PM
I would say i am a trendy girly girl. I love to shop, and i have too many shoes to mention...can't pass by a shoe store without peeking in...much to my husband's dismay :rolleyes: I love to do my hair (almost went to school to be a hair dresser, went for nails instead)...love to get my nails done...wear makeup everyday...although, less in the summer, when i have a tan. Although, there are the days when i have "mommy hair" as i call it...when my 2 year old runs me ragged and i dont even have time for a shower, lol. But i love lotions, candles and a comfortable, beautiful house...and decorating too, is a fave of mine...with lots of fragrant candles :)

....although i should mention, that i am also a Swissie mom, enough said, lol :), so the muddy paws dont get me too upset...and the hair/fur on the floor, is something i deal with,...so i would say i am not high matinence, just like being a down to earth girl, who enjoys girly things...& big doggies who might occasionally slobber on you with his big clumbsy muddy paws dragging behind :) LOL :)

kimlovescats
07-08-2004, 11:20 PM
I am a mix of girlie-girl / tom-boy ..... I still on occasion like to dress up with alot of makeup, do my hair, wear jewelry and perfume.... did this much more when I was younger.... but for the most part now, I am low-maintenance, and more tom-boy. I mostly like to comfortable, and I did used to get along better with the guys than the girls! :rolleyes: :D

carole
07-08-2004, 11:36 PM
I am kinda in between, I would not consider myself ultra fem, but I am very feminine, I love glittery things and pretty things, not into frills much though, i would love to say I am trendy as I love fashion, but my wallet and my not so perfect figure does not allow me to be super trendy, but I do like to try and present myself as best I can to my ability, NO tomboy here, never have been, but i Like to lounge around in comfy pj's, and slippers as well, but generally even when I am at home , which is most of the time, I do make the effort to put the face on and dress as nice as I can, because it makes me feel good about myself.

I am not high maintenance for sure, I don't get my hair done, or nails or anything along those lines, never visit a cosmetician or beauty salon, only to get my hair high-lighted for a wedding or something but nothing else, I do everything on the cheap, but I do own some nice pieces of jewellery, not a lot, as I can only wear pure gold, allergic to everything else, and I like a reasonable nice perfume 100 dollar bottle now and then, usually courtesy of my mother from the duty free shops., but other than those little luxury's I am fairly cheap in comparison to others to run lol.
P.S I think a nice cut pair of Jeans and a trendy top look great on the right figure, feminine and pretty.

G.P.girl
07-09-2004, 12:47 AM
i choose other because i think i'm a mix of all of them (except high matinence) i played football as the only girl on the team adn i love hanging out with the guys, but i follow most of the trends (the ones i happen to like) and i love cooking and i liek some fuzzy stuff. i haven't worn a skirt in years, but i've thinking about buying one lately. i love doing girly sleep overs, i wear make up, but i don't think i'm too girly. i don't squeal.

jazzcat
07-09-2004, 01:09 AM
I'm a mix too. There was a time when I wouldn't be caught dead without makeup and hair fixed to the max (the 80s) but now I go without makeup a lot.

I've turned into a real work out in the yard kind of person, to the surprise of everyone I know, and I don't mind getting sweaty and dirty working hard.

anna_66
07-09-2004, 08:21 AM
I'm definately not a girly-girl but I do like to wear a bit of makeup, some nice perfume and maybe a little jewelry.
I mostly wear jeans or jean shorts and a nice t-shirt type top.
I almost always wear tennis shoes.

I don't like getting dirty-but will if I have to, and I don't like insects of any type-expecially spiders:eek:

I'm definately not a neat freak (but who could be with 3 big dogs:p ) but I like my house "straightened". I don't care if it's dusty as long as it's not messy.

So that's why I feel like I'm and "other":)

ramanth
07-09-2004, 08:26 AM
I'd describe myself as a good mix. :) I was very Tom-Boyish growing up and loved getting down and dirty. I didn't mind dressing up for nice occasions though.

I'm more comfortable in jeans and t-shirts than anything else. And I never buy Designer labels. Walmart and garage sales suit me just fine. ;) :D

lbaker
07-09-2004, 09:04 AM
I'm with LizBud, I'm way past age to being a "girl". I've been called an aging hippy so I checked "other". I'm definately low-maintenance. Can camp in the woods without needing a bathroom, can clean/gut/cook any fish I catch etc yet can arrange a lovely bouquet of flowers. I guess I'm a conundrum.

Logan
07-09-2004, 09:55 AM
This has been fun to read! :) I don't think I fit a catagory either.

I like to be comfortable, but not sloppy (don't like sweat pants, but love sweat shirts). Prefer shorts or jeans and a t-shirt when I'm relaxing, and I never go without at least mascara and lipstick, but many days, I do put on a "full face"! My hair is usually pulled up in some form, whether it be a hairclamp or a rubber band, and it is always clean, but rarely "fixed". I love having long hair, but hate getting hot and I am very hot natured.

When I have business calls, I usually wear a pants suit or khaki pants and a blazer. I do wear dresses and hose when necessary for church or other dressup functions, but rarely put on very much heel at all. Sometimes I do when Helen is wearing heels. Can't let my 13 year old be taller than me! :)

I LOVE to watch and participate in just about any sport, most especially basketball, softball, baseball and football.

My ears are pierced, one hole in each earlobe, and I usually have a simple pair of earrings on. I wear my college ring (worked hard for that, so I wear it proudly). I have several necklaces that I use on occasion, my favorite one being a sapphire, surrounded by diamonds that was given to me by some special friends (you 5 know who you are) before I got married almost two years ago. I always wear a watch (leather band) and a bracelet that Sandra got for me when I was visiting her several years ago in Massachusetts. It never comes off unless the airline security people make me remove it. The "flashiest" piece of jewelry I wear is my engagement ring and wedding bands. Scott got me exactly what I wanted and I wear them proudly. I do have a silver band I bought at WalMart for $9 that I wear when we are at the beach or working in the yard, instead of my fancy one! Hehehe!!! :o

The things about me that are "girly" is that I hate being dirty and usually have at least 2 showers every day. I have absolutely no interest in camping in a tent or a camper. Give me a hotel room with a bathroom, please, or leave me at home!! LOL!!! Funny thing, my daughter is just like me!!!! :D

DJFyrewolf36
07-09-2004, 09:58 AM
I put mix of girlie-girl / tom-boy.

I don't look bad in a dress, I just find them anoyingly uncomfortable so I don't wear them much. Makeup *since it makes me itch like crazy* is saved for special ocasions. I don't squeal...at all over anything. I do get a little over emotional at times though :rolleyes:. Most of my friends are guys *They're the hubbys friends too, a date for us is kind of like a night out with the guys lol* I played a lot of sports in High school but the stupidity of my youth has kind of beat up the old bones so I try to be a bit more mellow *Is bowling a girly sport lol?* I can performe matainance on a car and on my particular car I can just about rebuild the motor. I wear black...everything most of the time so I dont know if thats tomboyish or just me being wierd. I drive my hubby nuts though, because on some things he is more feminine than I am! He knows more about makeup than I do *sadly* so I have to ask him if Im doing things right lol.
I can turn on the femine charm though ;). Hubby says I shouldn't manipulate the boys with my femaleness, it isn't fair. My opinion is is that I was born with it, why not use it!

I guess my tough guyish nature mixed with my female charm and cunning puts me at an advantage especially in my line of work. Being the cute, girlish type on the outside while slowly taking over because no one is paying attention to anything but the girlieness is rather much fun ;)

It pays sometimes to be in the middle :D

cloverfdx
07-09-2004, 10:50 AM
Tom Boy all the way :) and proud of it. I also dont own a single skirt or dress and flat out refuse to wear them. The only jewelry i will wear is the stuff i make myself. I dont mind getting dirty and working hard.

Kfamr
07-09-2004, 11:06 AM
RHIANNON!! :D

Glad to see you here.

I don't know how to label myself.

I'm not a girly girl, although I love scented things and smelling good, purple is my favorite, I like colorful things, flowers, etc...

But I hate dressing up and I really hate HAVING to wear something. I'd much rather wear jeans and a shirt. I haven't worn a dress or a skirt since I can remember. My hair is usually down, and all I do it brush it. Actually, today at around 6 or so Lauren's getting her hair done by her mom and her mom offered to hightlight my hair. I don't know whether or nto to take the offer.:p
I wear my Chucks or flip-flops, or just go barefoot.
I've worn the same shoes for about 2-3 years now, I just got a new pair of the same kind.

For the most part I HATE shopping for myself. It either has to be for someone else or for the dogs. I rarely buy myself things.

I don't pay attention to clothes labels. Most of my clothing comes from the thrift store wal mart/k mart/target, or hand-me-downs and I really wouldn't want it differently. I don't do my nails, I never wear make up - except for lip gloss or chap stick.

joanofark
07-09-2004, 11:56 AM
Girly Girl-I like wearing skirts. And I do my nails. I like fixing my hair. And did I mention...Boys. :p

Tom Boy- hmmm well there is alot in this catigory. Lets see I don't mind getting dirty and getting scraped up. I HATE Make-up!!!! I hang out with boy 95% of the time. I play paint ball with the guys all the time. And much more.:rolleyes:

K9soul
07-09-2004, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Cookiebaker
I think I'm somewhere in-between. I'm not into makeup, clothes or hair-dos (or don'ts). I'm not into magazines or perfumes or anything special. I wear black jeans almost every day.

But on the other hand, I like having a romantic dinner with hubby; I like flowers on the table; I adore good-smelling body washes and lotions; I like having a neat house.

So I don't really think I am "high maintenance" -- I'm just me.

I think this pretty well describes how I see myself. I only wear makeup to weddings and such :p. I wear jeans usually every day, mostly dark colors, blue or black. I consider myself down to earth and easy to please.

cloverfdx
07-09-2004, 12:21 PM
Kay yup, thought i would slowly wean myself back into PT. :)

dukedogsmom
07-09-2004, 02:43 PM
I chose a mix of girly girl and tomboy. However, it's mostly tomboy. Girly girl is from my nails and jewelry. Never have cared too much about makeup and absolutely detest dresses!! I am scared of all kinds of bugs, lizards etc. I don't mind getting dirty but hate to sweat. Kind of have to accept it here in humid Florida, though. Kay reminded me and I don't know how I forgot but, I love to shop!! I could do it 24/7 if I had the money.

Uabassoon
07-09-2004, 02:57 PM
I picked tomboy because it was the closest one. As strange as it sounds I'm really more of a stereotypical gay boy just in a woman's body. You'll never see me in a skirt or dress I only wear mens clothing. But I'm so picky about what I wear and i love to shop! I hate getting dirty and I'm kind of a sissy. My old roommate who was very much a girly girl used to make so much fun of my because I had more bathroom products than she did. But I'm not really high maintence at all. Even with my large amount of bathroom products I can still get ready to go out in about 20 mintues and that includes taking a shower.

isis
07-09-2004, 03:23 PM
I'm kinda a mix. I like girly stuff but I like boy things.

My Peanuts
07-09-2004, 03:57 PM
I voted Other.

I like cars, sports (watching & playing) beer parties, & I don't mind getting dirty. I'm not afraid of bugs snakes or anything like that. I have to kill spiders for my brother and boyfriend because they won't go near them.

On the other hand, I'm almost never without makeup and my hair is always done when I go out. I couldn't imagine going to a bar or a movie unless I was comfortable. Comfortable means I feel I look my best, not that I wear sweatpants. I literally feel uncomfortable going out in "comfortable clothes.” It takes me at least an hour to get dressed on a Friday or Saturday night & I keep up with trends, but I'm not a slave. I think I'm in my own category :D :p

CatMama78
07-09-2004, 04:00 PM
Oh gosh, I guess I'm quite the girly girl compared to most of you.

I almost always have make-up on when I go out. I like to wear skirts, no dresses though. I like shoes, except I'm at a point where I can't be uncomfortable to wear them, so usually it's flip flops or tennis shoes, lol. If I had the figure I'd be pretty trendy. But I don't so most of the time I'm in Old Navy kind of clothes. I like feminine things, not necessarily frilly or anything just feminine. I HATE sports, playing and watching. I am not one of the guys, nor do I even really like most guys, lol. That's not true, I just like em to be nice and that can be a hard thing to find.

davidpizzica
07-09-2004, 04:05 PM
I can't find a category....

:p

Steven Segal only shows that there is a role for chubby dudes that kick butt.......in the movies anyway.... I can't find one either!

RedHedd
07-09-2004, 05:12 PM
Definitely high maintenance. I enjoy being a girl and playing with make-up and clothes and SHOES. I own one pair of "tennies" and wear them probably once a year for one of my breast cancer walks, otherwise I'm in heels (I'm SHORT, so anything that can help me look/feel a teeny bit taller helps!) Only wear sweats in the winter time at home, NEVER in public. I'm not into playing sports - don't want to break a nail. Yeah, I know .... I'm a wuss.

Tina
07-09-2004, 07:56 PM
I voted Girly-Girly and Tom Boy but should have voted other.

I love fast cars(specially my mustang), auto racing, drinking a beer with the guys, I don't mind getting dirty working on a car or in the dirt.

I always dress in T-shirts and Jeans or shorts. On occasion I will wear a nice shirt and nice pants sometimes a dress. I just feel more comfortable in my t-shirts and jeans though. If I am home I wear whatever I find I don't really care what I look like. I hardly ever style my hair I usually brush it and wear it down. I also sometimes put it back in a pony tail or something.

If I do go out to the store, out to eat or something like that. I do try to dress nice and wear makeup and jewelry. I also love nice smelling perfumes and lotions. I do like to look nice when going in public.

I however do not like insects at all specially spiders. I don't play much sports maybe with the kids or something. I will play soccer with Kaitlynn or something.

When I was school though I had to dress up and wear make up alot.

RubyMutt
07-09-2004, 08:37 PM
I voted mix :)

I rarely wear makeup, I never spend an hour primping myself before I leave the house, I wear skirts or dresses once in a blue moon. I don't mind going out in the rain, being outdoors, etc. I'm definitely not a whiner, but I can get a little emotional at times :p

On the other hand, I HAVE to have a bathroom. lol. I hate camping if I have to "do my business" woods. I like my privacy, thankyouverymuch. Not to mention soap, shampoo, facial cleanser, etc. Personal hygiene is a must :D

krazyaboutkatz
07-09-2004, 11:54 PM
I'm a mix of girly girl and tomboy. I grew up with two younger brothers and so I basically did everything they did. I loved climbing trees, playing in creeks, and I had a lot of male friends.

When I was in my late teens-early thirties, I was more of a girly girl. I would never go out without make up or my hair done. I liked to dress up too. I also hate to go camping because I'm one of those that needs a bathroom and shower.

Now that I'm older, I'm not as worried about how I look. I always do my hair and make up for work but don't always wear make up on the weekends unless I'm meeting friends or going out to dinner. I prefer to dress comfortably and casual. Luckily I can wear jeans and t-shirts to work. I love bright colors and purple, pink, and red are some of my favorites. I also love flowers and nice smelling things. I'm also a neat freak.:)

Doggirl
07-10-2004, 10:34 AM
Wow!

I don't really know how to explain myself... Um, lets see. I know I'm a mix,
I love to go shopping and do my hair and paint my nails(I'm not allowed to wear make-up yet)
and I love my Ballet and other dancing, but on the other side of the scale, I love playing Basket ball,
I am the fastest kid in my neighborhood, I have a really good arm, I don't mind getting sweaty or dirty.
So I guess I'm a High-Maintenance Tomboy??? I'll leave you to figure it out. :p

prechrswife
07-10-2004, 03:40 PM
I voted mix of girly-girl and tomboy. I don't like to leave the house without make-up, but my hair is usually in a ponytail. I wear dresses to church, etc., but I am much more comfortable in jeans or shorts and t-shirts. I played multiple sports in high school and intramurals in college. I had rather go with my husband to the golf course than to stay home. I also enjoy girly things like shopping, antiquing (sp?), and decorating. I do not like frilly decorating. (My house is brown, burgundy, navy, etc.) However, other people must see me as a girly-girl because people are forever giving me gifts with pink flowers on them. As for bugs, I don't like them, but I will deal with them if hubby isn't nearby to do it for me.:)

tikeyas_mom
07-10-2004, 04:51 PM
I am a very sensitve girl. I take everything really seriously. One of my best friends is a guy and he thinks of me as one :rolleyes:. So I guess I could also be considered "one of the guys". Although I dont really believe I am, because I am a whimp haha.

isset
07-10-2004, 10:25 PM
Does anyone else hear the neck snapping action? :D

You should see what mad TV makes out of Steven Segal.