PDA

View Full Version : Sneaky Pie Brown

Eudora
06-30-2001, 09:22 AM
Hi Everybody... I'm kinda a dog lover so i'm quite new to the cat scene. :D
I was just wondering if anyone had heard of this cat called Sneaky Pie Brown? She 'co-authors' books by Rita Mae Brown. I highly recommend her to all cat-lovers, as the cats featured on the book(and one dog, Tee Tucker), Mrs Murphy and Pewter are so smart!and the drawings in there are great too. The stories are mostly mysteries and their mom is the postmistress Harry(her nickname, i forgot her real name.) I really think it's a good book for cat lovers. Try one and get

wolflady
07-09-2001, 02:55 PM
Hey Eudora
I was wondering how those Sneaky Pie Brown mysteries were! I have actually been addicted to the Cat Who series of books by Lilian Jackson Braun. They are great and very addictive. They make for easy reading and quench the tongue in cheek light hearted reading appetite! They are mysteries as well. I have read the whole series so far, so I will have to check out the Sneaky Pie Brown ones next!! Thanks for the tip! :)

Pam
07-09-2001, 05:08 PM
WolfLady...I love the "The Cat Who" series by Lillian Jackson Braun too, although I haven't read them all yet. :)

Eudora
07-10-2001, 05:31 AM
Well, you're welcome... I'm glad someone actually FOUND my topic after two weeks of waiting.... The books might look a li'l daunting at first but take your time. The endings are great.

wolflady
07-10-2001, 11:24 PM
Hey Pam, that's great that you're into the Cat Who series too! It's funny because my mom and I go to the bookstore and scope it out to see if there is a new release since we have read them all. There is supposed to be one out soon. We talk about Qwilleran and Koko and Yum Yum as if they were our neighbors sometimes! HA! LOL :)

Eudora, I'm glad that I got that tip from you. I'll definitely look into the Sneaky Pie Brown series since I'm done with the Cat Who for now. Which is the first book in the series?? Thanks!

catwoman
07-11-2001, 09:43 AM
Koko and Yum Yum rule!! :D

Laura
07-11-2001, 02:07 PM
I discovered the Sneaky Pie Brown series about 2 years ago and am now waiting for a new one to come out! Tee Tucker is one of my favorite characters. I also like the foxes that live around them. Rita Mae Brown is an excellent writer. She seems to see the same things I see when I look at my kitties! :D

Eudora
07-12-2001, 07:53 AM
I'm not really sure!! :D :o As we would say in S'pore... paiseh...which means sorry and that kind of thing... for me I started off with Cat On the Scent and I found that it doesn't really matter which book you start with as in the beginning of the book there is an inventory of all the characters. have fun reading!! :)

wolflady
07-12-2001, 12:44 PM
That's cool! Actually, it's sort of the same way with the Cat Who series too. I actually just picked one up when I saw it, and didn't realize there was a whole series! Turns out the first book I read was kinda in the middle (The Cat Who Moved a Mountain). So you can skip around and read the books, or start from the beginning. Once I found that out, I started from the beginning and read them all! Don't ya just love cat mysteries??!! :D :)

Eudora
07-13-2001, 09:05 AM
yeah! Imagine if there really were such things! (I would move to US at once!) but... food for thought... what if the cats could really communicate like that! Just that we don't know it. ;) wonderful thought!

wolflady
07-13-2001, 01:37 PM
This is an interesting thought! :D Unfortunately I doubt my cats would be included in that group of intellectuals...LOL LOL LOL :D

luvdemabys
07-13-2001, 03:11 PM
Funny, I was just reading the "What do you think your cat does when you're out" thread, and trying to remember the author of the whodunnits featuring Big Mike, the Abyssinian. Can't think of the auther's name or any titles, but there is one with a hilarious description of how Mike disciplines his bipedal handmaiden for going off detecting without him.

Eudora
07-14-2001, 09:13 AM
Hey, don't say that! Every cat is an individual, right? Anyway, this is my first time on the cat boards but you will definitely see me around more often! :cool:

Eudora
07-16-2001, 08:37 AM
Oh yeah, forgot to tell you all that the Sneaky Pie Browns are also available in large print! :D

wolflady
07-16-2001, 12:13 PM
Eudora, you'll be happy to hear that I went down to the bookstore this weekend and bought the first Sneaky Pie Brown book! Since I'm still waiting for the next Cat Who to come out, I had to start up on another cat mystery series!! LOL The one I picked up is Wish You Were Here. I'm looking forward to reading it! :D

Cynthia
07-16-2001, 05:11 PM
I just checked out a Sneaky Pie Brown book from the local library a few days ago. Imagine my delight to see the series mentioned here!! Being from Virginia, it's especially interesting (the series is situated near Charlottesville, where Rita Mae Brown lives). Highly recommend!! :)

Eudora
07-17-2001, 09:10 AM
I'm so glad you like it... as an animal lover and a bookworm the Sneaky Pies are an irresistible combo for me! Your grandparents and relations with poorer eyesight can also read it; it comes in large type too! :)
Have fun reading, everyone! :cool:

wolflady
07-17-2001, 04:44 PM
Funny thing, last night I was flipping through the stations because as usual...nothing was on. I came to Disney and lo and behold...guess what was on??? Murder She Purred...a Mrs. Murphy mystery based of the Sneaky Pie Brown series!!! LOL I think I'm going to go back to that bookstore and buy the rest of the series :) I just love books and reading! :)

Eudora
07-19-2001, 09:23 AM
NOT. FAIR. We don't get that show in s'pore... no fair no fair no fair no fair! If this were my sister she would say "nofe air"!! :D Anyway, I am reading Cat On the Prowl now! :eek: Coincidental?