PDA

View Full Version : no comfort here!

Smilla
07-08-2004, 12:50 PM
Hi folks,

I just wanted to post what--in retrospect--is a kind of funny story. I recently found that Lefty has a rather limited sense of sympathy for human pain when I stumbled down the stairs last week. He looked at me, looked away, and actually seemed embarrassed for me! Even when I began to cry he kept his distance. A co-worker joked that perhaps he was English. (No offense to any UK folks out there, I hope!)

I am fine, just have an ugly bruise, but I think I'll look for another shoulder to cry on in the future! ;)

S

tatsxxx11
07-08-2004, 03:24 PM
Sorry Smilla, but, :D:D:D Oh that's so funny to me because that's how my Star is! Nooooooo sympathy! She knocked me over one night when wer out in back. I slammed my knees on the patio. Her response? "Mom, geeez!!!":rolleyes" Thank goodness you're ok Smilla! But I'm sure you had to laugh through the tears when you checked out Lefty's incredulous look! Aren't doggies great?:D

micki76
07-08-2004, 03:58 PM
Yep, Chester just looks at me if I’m upset. When we first got Millie, I though she really cared cause the first time she saw me cry she came running to me. I soon found a\out that was just to lick up my tears. :rolleyes: Now if she hears me even sniffle she comes running.

Now my RB westie, Stolly, would come running from anywhere in the house even if I gave the slightest indication that I might cry. He would throw himself against my chest and rub his head on me. He would kiss me and look into my eyes as if to tell me everything would be ok. He and I went through a lot together and he was always there for me.

BitsyNaceyDog
07-08-2004, 04:16 PM
I'm glad you're alright. How funny that "he was embarrassed". I'll lend you one of my dogs to cry on.

A couple summers ago we had a bad storm and a HUGE branch fell in my neighbors yard. She was out of town so Justin and I went to pick it up. Well, we picked it up (one of us on each end) but it was heavier than it looked. Justin told me to set my end back down and then he would put his down. Well when he put his end down he actually dropped it rather then just setting it down gently. As his end hit the ground, my end flew up knocking me in the chest and then sliding down my leg, cutting as it went. Justin got me back to my house and laid me on the floor just inside the door, all 3 of my dogs stayed by my side until I was back on my feet.