PDA

View Full Version : Remus had to be fostered...:(

DJFyrewolf36
07-08-2004, 09:36 AM
Remus has to stay with the mum in law for a while, possibly until I find a new place to live.

I guess someone has a problem with someone else in the complex and now property management is having a problem with EVERYONE that has a pet. Someone whined about someone elses pet and now they are clearing out everyones pets. Its sad, because there are at least two dogs there and several cats, all of whom are going to either the shelter or to petsitters until this blows over or until people move, whichever is sooner. I don't know why the landlord is getting cranky, none of the pets at the complex are destructive as far as I know. I've never had a problem with anyones pet really, except for kittes knocking at my door! This really makes me sad, cause I can't get over to mums house every day, even though I would like to. I got this OKed by the damned landlord already...now since they never bothered to put it in writing *stupid me for not insisting* they say that they're going to the absolutely no pets policy again. So either I find a foster home for Remus or I find a new place for myself. Im leaving as soon as the lease runs out. If these people feel it is right to go back on what they say, I don't want to rent from them. I'm glad mum is willing to take care of him though.

CatMama78
07-08-2004, 09:42 AM
You might check and see if your landlord can legally do that. It's totally unfair to allow you to have pets one day a not the next. I'm thinking there has to be some law that says he has to give a certain time of notice for such a major change!
:mad: :mad:

This really upsets me, I'm sorry!! But to think of all those animals whose lives are changing cause of this jerk.

DJFyrewolf36
07-08-2004, 09:47 AM
Unfortuneatly, in little letters at the bottom of the leases it says no pets. Everyone signed it and no one I don't think bothered to get the approvals in writing. :( So legaly they can kick everyones pets out if they want to for any reason. They did a good job of @$$ covering there, I must admit.

lizzielou742
07-08-2004, 09:48 AM
That sucks!!:( When does your lease end?

sirrahbed
07-08-2004, 09:48 AM
Kristina, This does not sound right since he told you that a pet would be allowed. I can see that he can change the policy and not rent to future tenants but not force current tenants to get rid of their pets. Is there an association for renters in the area where you can ask about this?? Renters do have rights and it sounds like yours are being violated.
So sorry about Remus!
Does anyone here have some facts about the rights of renters????
edit: OK I read responses that were posted while I was writing this!!:( :(

DJFyrewolf36
07-08-2004, 09:56 AM
Sadly, this is Nevada where no one has rights.

Employers can fire you for any reason at all...landlords can boot you for any reason at all...

The citizen has no right to whine or complain about anything.

I can get a lawer and tie this up in court for a while, but since my lease ends in october, Im not going to bother unless they try to kick me out right away. The hubby is calling the landlord today *He left a message on my phone yesterday, while I was at work and convienently was unavailable when I got off of work* to see what the deal is. Hopefully he is just informing people now and isn't going to get hostile.

kimlovescats
07-08-2004, 10:05 AM
Oh NO! Well, thank goodness your mom will help you out!
Good luck finding a new pet-loving home!!!:( ;)

trinity
07-08-2004, 10:06 AM
That is defintiely not right! They shouldn't be able to do that to people who have had the pets the whole time, expecially if there have been no problems. A big thanks to mom-in-law thoughf ro taking in the little guy....

DJFyrewolf36
07-08-2004, 10:16 AM
My mum in law is a really incredible person when it comes to critters. If she had an internet connection, Id have her show up here!!! *Soonly she will have one, because we are ALL moving to pet friendly zones...out in the country with NO idiot landlords!*

CatMama78
07-08-2004, 10:19 AM
Well, the situation is yucky, but at least you do have someone to look after cute lil Remus until you can move :).

dukedogsmom
07-08-2004, 10:35 AM
That is so unfair! I say they ship out the sour tenants! I would be so angry. I would find a place pronto and move out without notice. Grrrrrrrrrr.

DJFyrewolf36
07-08-2004, 11:03 AM
DDM, I am thinking siriously about doing just that. Although getting the $400 deposit back would help on move in costs elsewhere...I'm begining to wonder if the money is worth more than my conviction that Im being wronged...

jazzcat
07-08-2004, 11:18 AM
Oh that really stinks. I feel so sorry for those people who don't have anyone to keep their pets until they get it worked out. I hope no one's pets end up at the shelter. Rotten landlord - that really shouldn't be allowed. Thank goodness your MIL is willing to take Remus for awhile. I'm sorry!!:( :mad:

DJFyrewolf36
07-08-2004, 11:28 AM
This is why my favorite phrase lately has been

"People suck" *I apologise sincerely if I offend anyone*

I think its something in the air...everyone seems to be turning more to the Jerkish side of the force lately. I guess its a sign of the times.

Heres a bit of a confuser for ya though:

Landlord A called me from his cell phone saying he saw A cat *not necicarily Remus, since there are lots of outside kittes in the area* in my window. He didn't say WHAT window, what the cat looked like, what time he saw it etc. No details. Just that he saw the cat sometime yesterday, that there are absolutely NO PETS allowed and to call him on his cell *which is convienently off*. WTH does that mean?! Good Lord, communication is a good thing people...

So hubby calls the office *since the cell isn't working* and gets Landlord B on the phone. She says that she knows NOTHING of the incedent and that Landlord A never told her anything about anything and that she doesn't have a problem. :rolleyes:

We don't know who runs the office, Landlord A or B. When I first rented the place, it seemed as if we were just dealing with landlord A until landlord B contacted us without the knowledge of landlord A about the paperwork.

I filled out the aplication with A, signed the lease with B's name on it...WTH?!

I pay the rent to B, but A is the one bitching...

I hate these people...

jazzcat
07-08-2004, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by DJFyrewolf36
This is why my favorite phrase lately has been

"People suck" *I apologise sincerely if I offend anyone*

Ask my husband, I probably say that at least once a day!! No offense taken here! I think that is why I bond more with my cats than people, I've never once had to say "cats suck".:D

DJFyrewolf36
07-08-2004, 11:40 AM
Even people love Catbert on Dilbert and he is evil lol!