PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody else crochet??

Cookiebaker
07-07-2004, 09:33 PM
I think Dukedog'smom, you showed a couple of your afghans, and I am curious if anybody else does either.

I love crocheting, and so far have made 5 afghans. I have given 3 of them away as gifts, but I will try to get pictures of the ones that I still have.

Anyway, I just started on a new aghan, and took a picture of it to email to my Mom. Here's the beginning of it:

http://www2.innevi.com/~emenay/afghan.JPG

I have 12 rows done, and 153 (or something like that) to go!

Please show pictures of your creations, too!

micki76
07-07-2004, 09:38 PM
I'm so jealous! I wish I could crochet. My mom always did it, but I never learned from her.:(

G.P.girl
07-07-2004, 09:40 PM
i crochet! ut i'm really slow at it. i need to start up again, caus ei'm supposed to be finishsin gone as a gift for last chirstmas:rolleyes:

RobiLee
07-07-2004, 09:44 PM
It is so pretty! I love it.

I have no such talent. I am not the least bit creative.

I would love to see more of your work and Val, if you see this I would love to see your's also. I don't remember if I have seen them in the past.

Has anyone every hired you to make one and how much do you charge? Does it depend on the degree of difficulty?

Robin :)

sirrahved
07-07-2004, 09:51 PM
I'm working on my second baby blanket right now. I started when I found out I was going to have a new niece:) Now I'm making a new blanket for kimlovescats' granddaughter. Will post pics in a minute. It's not fancy like yours:( It's my first attempt at working in rounds.

sirrahved
07-07-2004, 09:55 PM
Here it is:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid127/p749eaf78d50aeaaf61719fa22802e36f/f7f0f38b.jpg

dukedogsmom
07-07-2004, 10:04 PM
I love the colors you chose for that blanket. Here's one I've been procrastinating on finishing. In the second pic, you can see why. I've got to do all the leaving detail in cross stitch and it's a pain. This is done in what's called the afghan stitch in crochet.
http://www.boomspeed.com/dukedogsmom/starblanket1.jpg
http://www.boomspeed.com/dukedogsmom/starblanket2.jpg

RobiLee
07-07-2004, 10:08 PM
That is great, Val!

I'm jealous. Not only am I not creative but I don't think I have the patience for it.

Robin :)

Kfamr
07-07-2004, 10:50 PM
I *used* to know how to crochet. My grandma does it ALL of the time and she taught me. I'm sure I'd know how if I just watched her again, but i've forgotten everything she taught me. She has a huge walk-in closet full of different yarns. She always makes the children in our family blankets.

I have a few from her... but I rarely use them as some DOG has stolen them *cough* Nala *cough*

I only like one of the ones I have..... it's really soft. I don't completely like the feel of normal yarn.

MariaM
07-07-2004, 11:34 PM
I got this little kit thingy from Christmas but had the HARDEST time understand it. It didn't make any sense at all so I just quit. Think I still have it somewhere...

Twisterdog
07-08-2004, 12:57 AM
I'm exactly like you, Kfamr ... my grandma taught me, I used to be pretty good at it but have forgotten how over the years. I also don't like the feel of normal yarn.

Lillycat
07-08-2004, 05:07 AM
i did this kind of work once.....rugs......would love to start again.....must put it on "the list".

sirrahbed
07-08-2004, 09:18 AM
Cookiebaker-those colors are beautiful!! Dukesdogsmom-that is VERY intricate - I would have guessed it was knitted and not crocheted, Devon - those colors are PERFECT for Amy Beth!!! She will love it:) Do you still have a picture of the purple one you made for Misha? (niece)
Me, I know single and double crochet and that's it. Most everything I start ends up being called a scarf or hotpad:D I do have a really pretty sampler started where I learned some fancy stitches once but of course I never finish anything so they are up in the attic somewhere.:rolleyes:

micki76
07-08-2004, 09:26 AM
Does anyone know if they give classes at fabric stores? I would LOVE to learn to do this.

Karen
07-08-2004, 09:28 AM
I learned chain-stitch crochet as a kid, then how to add more rows, but haven't done it for years. Don't have the time or patience for it, but I know I could pick it up again if I wanted. Most I ever made was an eyeglass case, I think, for Bluebirds (campfire girls). My grandmother made lovely afghans and shawls for us, still have my (blue and pink) shawl around somewhere!n