PDA

View Full Version : We're famous!

Cookiebaker
07-07-2004, 06:16 AM
Not really, but check this out. My hubby works in Planning/Development for Fedex, and last week he got the employee newsletter. He didn't really read it, but as he scrolled to the bottom, this caught his eye:

Every Dog Must Have it's Day
When it comes to our pets, it has been a year of sorrow, but also joy. Two of Jose’s team members lost their longtime, "best friends" within months of each other.
Gina Owen’s 13-year-old Doberman, “Brecka,” went to her rest last fall. Within a few months, Bill Conkel’s 17-year-old Shih Tzu, “Mooki,” went on to join Brecka.

Gina has since adopted a precious little female through an organization dedicated to rescuing Dobermans. Aptly, named “Precious,” the pup has been rumored to bark with a Cajun accent, seeing how it was born in the great state of Louisiana.

Bill has also adopted a pup from a rescue group (http://www.petfinder.com). Another Shih Tzu named “Ryder”. It wasn’t long though till it was discovered that this little guy was actually a Lhasa Apso. (Known for being independent and for their attitude) “Ryder” was soon re-christened “Scruffy” because of his wild antics.

Speaking of new pups, this spring, Mark W******* and his wife added another puppy to their “family” - a purebred 8-month old black lab. His 2-year old yellow lab / golden mix enjoys the companionship and exercise, and they get along great.

:D

joycenalex
07-07-2004, 06:48 AM
;) that's so nice!

Pam
07-07-2004, 06:57 AM
How nice that Mark's company regards pets highly enough to include mention of them in their newsletter! This is really :cool:

RobiLee
07-07-2004, 06:59 AM
That's pretty cool!

This is a newsletter from work?! I just think that is so awesome that they would even include your furkids in a newsletter. My work place would never consider doing something like that. Very Cool :cool:

Robin :)

Logan
07-07-2004, 08:12 AM
I think that is a wonderful idea!!!!!! :) Yeah for Fed Ex!!!! :D

Kfamr
07-07-2004, 11:58 AM
I agree with the others... What a wonderful thing for a workplace to do. I bet it makes it all more enjoyable to work in a place that includes things you love.:)

Cookiebaker
07-07-2004, 12:05 PM
hehe Thanks :D

It occurred to me that I wasn't very clear, but where I bolded the text, that was talking about us. I guess they didn't know Emerson or Malone's names.

Uabassoon
07-07-2004, 01:22 PM
I think it's wonderful that Mark's work includes furkids in their company newsletter :)

micki76
07-07-2004, 01:40 PM
That's really neat, Anna. Yay for Fedex. :)