PDA

View Full Version : I think I'm getting a minor infection:(

Sirrahsim
07-07-2004, 01:22 AM
I think this popped blister on my foot might be getting infected...?:confused: :confused: It hurts much worse than it did a few days ago and the redness and swelling goes farther away from the cut than I'd expect in a regular healing cut. Should I be worried? Or do you think it's just cause I have to stuff my foot in a shoe all of the time so it hasn't gotten a chance to heal properly...?

http://img47.photobucket.com/albums/v143/sirrahsim/DSC00766.jpg

jazzcat
07-07-2004, 09:44 AM
Ouch!! That looks painful.

I have no idea but I bet your mom will know what to do.

catlover4ever
07-07-2004, 09:50 AM
Missy if it has had any kind of puss or discolored discharge coming out of it then most likely you have a small infection. I still would put an antibiotic cream like Neosporin on it just to be on the safe side.

sirrahbed
07-07-2004, 10:04 AM
OUCH! That does look infected! Meg is right about the antibiotic ointment. Bacitracin or The Triple action ointment is good. First, though, I'd scrub it up really briskly to loosen that scab and use some peroxide or antibacterial soap on it. It would also help NOT to wear a shoe for a few days - maybe just wear a loose COTTON sock to work and tell them you have to! Tell them the nurse said no shoe!!!

Logan
07-07-2004, 10:09 AM
Just looks like it needs to be cleaned regularly and have an antibacterial ointment or cream applied like the others have said. I would try putting an oversized bandaid on it too to keep the medicine close to the wound. You might want to "air" it at night.

Hope you feel better soon.

Kfamr
07-07-2004, 10:19 AM
OUCH! I get things like that all the time on my feet. I normally just leave it alone and it heals fine.

It does hurt like heck though!

Sirrahsim
07-07-2004, 10:11 PM
thanks so much:) I can't find our tube of neosporin, but I'll run by the BX before work and pick some up. I might wear my shoes to work but then switch to slippers once the office people leave for the evening:D Customers only see me from the waist up, so they'll never know the difference:rolleyes: :D

Oh yeah, I did bubble it out with peroxide the other day. it hurt sooooooooo bad! I have never had peroxide hurt before!:( But I'm ok:)