PDA

View Full Version : The JOYS of home ownership

jenluckenbach
07-06-2004, 05:33 PM
This evening we have discovered a leak in our kitchen ceiling :mad: :( :eek:

It is directly under the bathroom! :eek: And one other time we had a leak in this spot was when the sink was dripping from the pipe. But this time there is NO water in the bathroom so it MUST be BETWEEN floors! :eek: We deduced that it is probably the tub pipe as Charlie had just let out a tub full of bath water before the leak was noticed.

The plumbers will come tomorrow to diagnose the problem. I am scared to hear the amount of moeny it will cost to repair :(. I take care of a lot of animals which doesn't leave much $$$ for unexpected tragedy. :(

dappledoxie
07-06-2004, 05:50 PM
Ugh, that sucks... :D Hugs to you!

KYS
07-06-2004, 06:02 PM
I feel or you,
I just paid a plumber this weekend, $365.00 for replacing
one shut off water valve.

I will keep my fingers crossed that it will not be anything
major.

Fox-Gal
07-06-2004, 06:13 PM
Doesn't days like this makes you wonder why you ever bought. Renting was so much easier when all you had to do was call the landloard and he'd take care of the problems.

I feel for you, we are about in the same boat. We have to replace one side of the outside wall. We had a small tornado come through here and it put some tree branches into the wall, like they were arrows. And of course homes owners insurance won't cover it, sense it was not declared a tornado!!!!! So we have a side of the house that has wood puddy in it, till we can get working on it.

As you said, the JOYS of home owership!!!!!! :rolleyes: But then again there is noone to tell us how many and what kind of pets we can have. :D :D So thats a JOY, right there and the house is paid for, so thats a big JOY!!

Hope it all gets fixed soon, without to big of a bill and you can go back to enjoying your home.

jazzcat
07-06-2004, 06:17 PM
I'm in that flooding boat with you. We discovered our roof is leaking around the chimney during a huge storm last night.:(

sirrahbed
07-06-2004, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by jazzcat
I'm in that flooding boat with you. We discovered our roof is leaking around the chimney during a huge storm last night.:(
May be some consolation Lori - ours leaks with really heavy rain but it is only because the tiles don't soak it up fast enough and so is not a true or repairable leak - said to be "normal". Hope this is the case with yours!!
Jen - hope yours can be patched and repaired without too much $$. I HATE plumbing repairs!!! We also own our first and only home ever. Have had it for 7 years now. Its always something!!:(