PDA

View Full Version : Muffin is going to see the white coats today

sirrahved
07-06-2004, 02:16 PM
I made an appointment for 4:45. Hopefully we'll get some antibiotics and she'll be on the upswing. Also going to have that lump on her face checked. My MIL suggested that maybe it is a swollen gland? I'm not sure. I'll let everyone know what happens as soon as we are back from the vet! Thanks everyone for your help!

Sevens
07-06-2004, 02:49 PM
We just took Bailey and Guinness to the vet yesterday. Guinness has a lump on his face as well. The vet says it is a swollen lymph node. On his face, I guess on the cheekbone (if dogs have cheeks). Due to the fact he has been sniffling/sneezing the past few days, the vet said it could be one of three things:

1. Lymph nodes can swell due to passing illness (colds/flus/etc.), just like with humans.

2. It could be a cyst like structure that dogs sometimes get in their lymph nodes. She says one of her pups has had it for years and just every so often, she brings in her pup to get the lymph node/cyst thingy drained via needle. Some people decide to do surgery to remove the cyst permanently.

3. It could be something more serious, like cancer, but she said we'd be really getting ahead of ourselves worrying about that now.

We have to wait two weeks to have it re-evaluated:( I have no patience, I hate waiting to see if one of my pups is gonna be ok.

Anyway, not trying to hi-jack the thread, just wanted to let you know that you aren't alone and hopefully it's nothing serious. Good luck!

Hugs!
Stephanie, Brian, Bailey and Guinness

sirrahved
07-06-2004, 03:02 PM
That's EXACTLY where Muffin's lump is! Thank you sooo much! I'm not quite so worried now:)

tatsxxx11
07-06-2004, 04:15 PM
Anxiously awaiting a Muffin update:) Hope you had an encouraging visit sweetie!

sirrahved
07-06-2004, 05:19 PM
The vet says since she's finally eating now and didn't drop any weight, and since her lungs are still clear that she's healing on her own and no medicine is needed. But no interaction with other dogs for two weeks! (to make sure she's no longer contagious)

As for the lump, the vet said it was a tumor, probably not cancerous, but if it grows any that we will remove it.

So, it looks like Muffin is slowly on the mend. Nature is running its course and she should be good in no time. She also got her rabies shot today, so no more white coat visits for a while!

sirrahbed
07-06-2004, 09:20 PM
Guess This is good news! Muffin just has a yucky cold:( Poor girl. Would it help to run a vaporizer in the room for her breathing - like we do with babies? I dunno - I always want to be doing SOMETHING! Would she like some beef broth maybe?? Glad to hear that her lungs are clear and that the tumor appear to be benign - I know a loose moveable mass is usually nothing to worry about. I will check back in from time to time. Feels funny to be here in dogs:D
I am hopelessly a cat person:rolleyes: :p