http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b4d927b3127cceb1cb0e0933140000001610
Aly's baby (I hope):
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b4d927b3127cceb1cb032b73a80000001610
All 3 babies today (after a visit to the vet):
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b4d927b3127cceb1cb0766f2d70000001610

That's it for now!!! :D

momoffuzzyfaces
07-06-2004, 12:36 PM
How sweet! That Bennie seems to be a bold one! He's not shy like the other two. Maybe because he is the 'older brother'? Thanks for the pictures!!!:D

Cinder & Smoke
07-06-2004, 12:38 PM
W:cool:W!

They're growing like... WEEDS! :)

They must have spent the entire vacation ...
** E A T I N G **

:D

Sara luvs her Tinky
07-06-2004, 01:35 PM
THEY ARE SOOOOOOO CUTE!!!!

*FAT AND CUTE* FAT AND CUTE* FAT AND CUTE* FAT AND CUTE*

{{~BIG FAT HUGE GRIN~}}

:D :D :D :D :D :D

They are adorable... sittin in their little cage with mommy bird!!!! If I were there,,, i would spend the WHOLE ENTIRE DAY lookin in the cage at them!!!!

aly
07-06-2004, 01:51 PM
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW :D

How did the vet visit go?

They're all so cute, but that Bennie pulls so hard at my heartstrings! http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/liebe/love-smiley-019.gif

Logan
07-06-2004, 02:03 PM
Thanks, everyone, for your kind words! :) I am such a proud "grandma"!!!! :D

Aly, they had a great vet visit. Baby #3 is a little "behind" the others in growth and ability, but Dr. Fernandez was still pleased with all of them and their progress. He did clip the wings of Milly, Roger and "Bennie", but not the other two since they haven't shown any signs of trying to fly. Everyone was pooped when they got back home!

All 3 babies are beginning to climb and they are also trying to eat a little on their own. Mom is still feeding them, though, as is Roger when he gets the chance. And everyone is starting to "talk" a little, although they aren't nearly as loud as Milly and Roger, thank goodness!!!! :p

Sara, I DO stare at them every minute that I am here!!! :) They share my office with me, so I have a perfect view of them when I am working!! :)

chrissycat21
07-06-2004, 05:31 PM
They are so adorable!

My uncle's cockatiel layed eggs, but none of them hatched. (We knew that they wouldn't) Everyone, even the vet, thought that his cockatiel was a boy, they didn't realise it was a girl until she layed her eggs. (And that wasn't until she was 17!)

-Chrissy, Snowy, and Taffy

jazzcat
07-06-2004, 06:44 PM
They are so adorable!!!!!

jenluckenbach
07-06-2004, 07:20 PM
SO cute!!!

*LabLoverKEB*
07-07-2004, 02:17 PM
They are all so adorable and beautiful! I loved all of the pictures! Thanks for sharing! How did the vet visit go? I hope it went well. Are pet birds supposed to go to the veteranarian on a regular basis like dogs and cats? Thanks!:)

Tina
07-07-2004, 02:35 PM
They are just too cute!!

lbaker
07-07-2004, 02:38 PM
I can't believe how fast they grow. I know nothing about baby birds (or even grown birds) but they sure look happy, healthy and verrrry well taken care of by mom, dad and grandma. That is so grand that Millie and Roger BOTH are such active parents. awwwwww

Freckles
07-07-2004, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Logan
All 3 babies are also trying to eat a little on their own. Mom is still feeding them, though, as is Roger when he gets the chance.

I'm not a bird person so hopefully this isn't too dumb a question!

I often read a bird has been "hand fed" and it seems to be a better bird. What does that mean and how is it done?:)

Logan
07-07-2004, 04:05 PM
Joan, I am not an experienced bird person either! :o Handfeeding means that you literally pull the babies from the parents at a young age, use an incubator, and literally feed them, by hand, with a special syringe and special formula. How often they are fed depends on at what age you pull them. After doing a lot of research and talking with people who are much more knowledgeable than myself about these matters, we decided to let Mom and Dad handle the feeding and the ultimate weaning. I have not handfed these babies and will not at this point. They are getting used to being held by us, though, and Milly is not bothered by our picking them up, removing them from the cage, etc. I hope that they will be friendly, fun birds, wherever they end up, regardless of the fact that we chose not to handfeed them. We're making sure that they have lots of interaction with humans (mostly me, since I am the one here with them, in the same room, most of the time).

They might be even more human friendly had I handfed them, but it would be like having 3 infants at one time, with feedings up to every 2 hours! :eek: I hope I'm doing them justice this way. They certainly are precious and do not fight being held at all. :)

Hope that answered your question!
Logan

My Peanuts
07-07-2004, 04:19 PM
First of all, the babies are adorable and are getting soooooo big.
Secondly, when I thought Alex was going to lay eggs I also decided to let her and Danny take care of the babies. I was willing to if she rejected them, but otherwise no. I think you are doing right by them to let Milly and Roger handle it. The fact that they are being handled by humans at a young age should be enough to produce well rounded youngsters :D

popcornbird
07-07-2004, 04:38 PM
Awwww!!!!! They're SO precious!!! For some reason, Bennie seems to be a boy from the pics, and the other two seem to be girls. Did you have the vet test their DNA to find out the gender? How did their visit go?

CamCamPup33
07-07-2004, 04:54 PM
Can we say AW?!

They are growing so fast!! Last time i saw them, they were just hatched! WOW! Sooo cute, i wish i could just take one.. I want a bird so bad.. :( Mehhh.. lol :p

primabella
07-07-2004, 05:02 PM
OMG Logan they are so adorable! So cute and poofy! :D :D :D

Pam
07-07-2004, 05:22 PM
GOOD GRIEF!!! I HAD NOT SEEN THESE BABIES SINCE THEY WERE LITTLE 'NEKED' :D HATCHLINGS (is that the proper thing to call them? LOL!) Logan they are just adorable. What a handsome family you have there. Now you really are the Mother of Many and Many More! LOL! Congrats Grandma! :D

Rachel
07-07-2004, 05:25 PM
Wow, everyone is certainly growing. Is this family going to need a bigger cage when the teenage hormones kick in?;) You got some great pictures here. I'm glad I didn't miss them. How old do the kids have to be before they *fly the coup* and go to their forever homes?

Logan
07-07-2004, 05:48 PM
Did you have the vet test their DNA to find out the gender? How did their visit go?

I did not have them DNA tested, PCB, at this point. I reported on the first page about their visit, but I'll tell you again! :) He was very pleased with them, and told me that he thought Milly and I were doing something right! Everyone is progressing well and they change every single day!!!

Is this family going to need a bigger cage when the teenage hormones kick in?

Oh, Rachel, I hope not!!!! :eek: I will tell you that I have already had to separate Roger and Milly many times in the last week!!!! :eek: I hope they will all be off to their "forever" homes before they need to be separated!!!! Right now, the three babies are living with "mom" and dad visits them every day a couple of times. At night, he goes back to his house (next door) and the babies huddle together in the corner of the cage while Mom sleeps up high above them.

How old do the kids have to be before they *fly the coup* and go to their forever homes?

This probably differs from baby to baby, but from what I have read, I think 2-3 months is probably the correct timing. If that's the case, then probably in August, they will leave me. :( I will miss them.

Popcornbird, I am curious as to why you think Baby #2 and #3 look like girls? I simply can't tell yet, but their cheeks are very orange (much more so than Milly's), and there are no bars on their tail feathers (that's what Dr. Fernandez told me to watch), but their tail feathers are not completely in either. I think it may take a bit longer. I hate to do DNA testing, and probably won't. I think that everyone who wants a baby will probably not care what sex it is anyway, although I know from my experience, that my boy is much more "loving" and talkative than my girl, but that might be because of Milly's unknown history.

gini
07-07-2004, 09:49 PM
Oh Logan, they are so precious. Gosh, it really has me interested in having one someday. Rascal said "sure, Mom, bring one right on in.............." hee hee hee!

It sure has been fun that you have shared this adventure with all of us!

NoahsMommy
07-07-2004, 11:12 PM
Awwwwww!!!

I agree with Gini, this IS an adventure for us all. :)

popcornbird
07-08-2004, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Logan
[COLOR=blue]

Popcornbird, I am curious as to why you think Baby #2 and #3 look like girls? I simply can't tell yet, but their cheeks are very orange (much more so than Milly's), and there are no bars on their tail feathers (that's what Dr. Fernandez told me to watch), but their tail feathers are not completely in either. I think it may take a bit longer. I hate to do DNA testing, and probably won't. I think that everyone who wants a baby will probably not care what sex it is anyway, although I know from my experience, that my boy is much more "loving" and talkative than my girl, but that might be because of Milly's unknown history.

I honestly don't know why I think they're girls. They just have that feminine *gentle* look.....Kinda puffy and innocent-looking like Muffin. But I know you can't tell for certain when they're this young.

As to teenage hormones, don't worry about that. It takes birds awhile to sexually mature, and most birds don't start that until they are 1+ years old. Popcorn and Muffin didn't start to bother with each other until they turned 4!!! They still don't do it that much, but I do have to keep a watch on them when they're in that *mood*.