PDA

View Full Version : I'm becoming obsessed...

catcrazylady
07-06-2004, 12:15 PM
I'm starting to worry myself. I am becoming completely and totally obsessed with Scrappy Magoo. I was off work for four days and I had so much fun with all the kitties. I wish with all my heart that I could stay home with them all, but I find myself at work today thinking about Magoo constantly. The way he crys when he can't find me and I call out to him and talk until he gets there. I look for him constantly when I'm home just to check on him. When he plays with Spot I laugh out loud the whole time. When he rolls over and is belly up I almost cry because he is so cute. I love and adore all my cats and I always have but this is bordering on obsession!! I miss him so bad today that I can't stand it.
Do you think that I'm just worried about him because he might be looking for me? Why is it that this cat is having such an effect on me. I feel like I have left an infant home alone and the truth is he is more capable then some of my sighted ones!
Am I going crazy?

kimlovescats
07-06-2004, 12:20 PM
No honey, you are just totally IN LOVE with this precious baby!!!:D Do you have his picture on your desk yet? You need one!!!

I would be just like you if I had to leave him ... but he is doing so well now, I know he is fine! He will just be there waiting for you with special purrs and cuddles when you get home!!! Now if that isn't motivation to get the work day done, I don't know what is!!!:eek: :D

(((HUGS)))

Kim (also crazy for Magoo);)

RICHARD
07-06-2004, 12:35 PM
Psst....

It's a typical male voodoo spell you have fallen under...

Us guys act like we are helpless, We cry at the right times and sure enough we have you poor gals mooning over us...

How Magoo found that out I'll never know.;)

catcrazylady
07-06-2004, 12:42 PM
Thanks Kim! and OH RICHARD!!!
The thing is I love all my cats and I look forward to seeing them all when I get home but I have to agree that Magoo has cast a different kind of spell over me. He's not helpless and Lord knows I know that!
I would freak if anything happened to any of my babies. I love to snuggle and cuddle with each one and I make sure I do that daily. BUT THAT DAGGONE MAGOO IS EATING ME UP! I know he already tried that once...literally! Maybe thats part of it. We have gone from one extreme to the other. Hopefully I will land somewhere in the middle!
Magoo is all over my computer and I see him through every slide show and he is my background.
Richard is right....Just like a man!!!

Twink
07-06-2004, 12:48 PM
Yes, exactly, what she said! *points to Kim’s post*

Of course you think about him all the time. You and your husband have been through so much with (and for) him, and now he’s making lots of progress very fast . . . it’s exciting! Besides, he is soooooo cute, and he needs you so much . . . how could you not obsess a little??

Anyway, we’re all obsessing right along with you, so it must be a normal reaction. :D

sasvermont
07-06-2004, 02:00 PM
If you find this situation so difficult, you may want to pop a couple of his pills - just kidding of course. We are all obsessed with Mr. Magoo. He is just so different - no eyes - not even eyeballs. I think we all feel some obligation to him, to have his life be normal - of course that will never happen. He knows life as it is right now...and he's making the best of it thanks to you. He is dependent on you - as is all of your kitties. He has special needs - and so he is special. I understand your problem completely. I obsess over my cats many times too......especially when they are ill.

Now that you have talked about it, I bet it will ease up a bit.

And.....you might want to take a pill or two, too! <--- joking.....

Love,
SAS

lizzielou742
07-06-2004, 02:31 PM
I feel that way about my cats, and they're just normal cats, not special like Magoo! I think if I could take my cats with me everywhere, I would. I'd bring them to work, take them shopping, and visits to friends. Of course, that's never going to happen...

Don't worry, you aren't overly obsessed, just normally obsessed like we all are. :D

When you've called home to talk to your cats through the answering machine..... ;) I did that SO many times to Tito when I first got him!!

nibblets
07-06-2004, 02:49 PM
I don't blame you a bit for being obsessed with him, I would be too! He is a very special little guy.

CatMama78
07-06-2004, 02:54 PM
Don't worry, you are not going crazy! Maybe love crazy, but there's no harm in it. I think it's normal to 'obsess' over Magoo. He is extra special after all - how could you not always have him on your mind.

catlover4ever
07-06-2004, 03:05 PM
Your not crazy. I have to say that it is crazy love.

I do the same thing when it comes to Abner. Don't get me wrong I love all of my babies...but there is just something different sweet about Abner. The way he talks to me, come right up my chest and sits down in my neck, the way he begs at the door and if I don't let him out on his terms he gives me Abnertude!!!

Magoo is just one of the many angels that God sends to us and they become the extra special ones that we hold dear to our hearts.

Kirsten
07-06-2004, 03:10 PM
I agree with the others, it's not craziness, it's LOVE!!! :)

You had a very special bond right from the start; you took responsibility for this kitty and he IS a special cat with special needs.

BTW, I know what you mean. When I still had my job, I was getting on each other''s nerves by saying "I want to be with my Luna!" I don't know, but whenever I'm seperated from her, I'm missing her terribly! :o

Kirsten

catcrazylady
07-06-2004, 03:13 PM
Ok, I feel better. I just know how very much I love my whole crew but today I just want to get home to Magoo! I do feel better since I wrote it down.
I'm just about an hour from home now so I guess I will start breathing. Thanks for letting me know I'm not totally off my cracker!

Sas-A couple more days like this one and I might slip me a Magoo pill or two!! j/k :D :D http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

I think another thing that bugs me is that there are bad thunderstorms in our area and we are supposed to be next in line. Magoo is terrified of fireworks and thunder. Before he hunkered in the back of his cage but now that he is free he was nervous and kind of lost when he heard neighborhood fireworks the other night. We had a storm yesterday and he got the same way. Scared and just didn't know where to go to get away from it. He finally hid in the bathroom. I turned the TV way up and talked to him a lot so he wouldn't here the thunder so loud. Hopefully I can get home before the storms come. I just don't know if he's afraid of the noise or if something bad happened to him before. *sigh*
See I told you all I was obsessing!!!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/rolleyes.gif

sirrahbed
07-06-2004, 03:26 PM
Lisa, you are not obsessing I promise you! Well, I take it back ...obsessing a little but in a normal way. I have done it with my skinkids and furrkids. There always seems to be one that is a little more *needy* or that you just click or bond with because of certain events. It does NOT mean you love them more at all - it is just a special bond that happens and an instinct or whatever you want to call it that takes over - a protectiveness and there is no use fighting it because it is so real. The kid is not necessarily even the smallest, sickest or weakest! For all practical purposes, you ARE Magoo's mommy. He cries when he can't find you. You set boundaries for him and give him discipline. You give him security when he is afraid. So, the way you feel towards him has just brought out all that natural maternal stuff you have!! Get used to it:D You just are hopelessly in love with your baby. Something special has happened with this one and he needs you in a particular way! Don't feel weird OR guilty OK? Just join the club:D

jazzcat
07-06-2004, 03:32 PM
I'm that way with Scout. It's a special bond between us. I love Jazz, Ripley and Disney very much too but there is just something special with Scout. I think it is because she had been abused and didn't really seem to totally trust people at first but now she is my little buddy who follows me around the house and sleeps with me at night. Sometimes when I think about her I can really feel it in my chest.

sasvermont
07-06-2004, 03:49 PM
I, too, love all my cats, but Miley girl has a special way of communicating with me. Like this morning, she brought me a toy and put it next to my head. Sometimes it is a bag of muffins, sometimes a stick of butter.....whatever she can find.....all for her mama! Our love is mutual. She is my girl!

Now that you know that I am nuts too..... we can all relax. We love creatures, that is for sure!

sirrahbed
07-06-2004, 04:09 PM
OK - my obsession was RB Bert and there has never been another. He was a huge orangie who seemed so calm and fearless but he was afraid of thunderstorms and would run to me for protection. He was also a hopeless momma's boy. We got him from a woman who moved to a new home and did not want cats to "mess it up". His name was Samson at the time. Anyway, Bert had a hard time adjusting. He had already lived with her for about 4-5 years and was just very shy. It took several years for him to be sociable and when he did, he chose ME to be his special person. I have never before or since, been chosen by a cat like this. He always had to know where I was. All I would do was click my tongue or snap my fingers and he would come running!! When he went to the vet, he would always go limp on the table!! I always thought he was just very submissive until one vet told me he was fainting from fear!! He said that since he was an indoor kitty and getting older, it was best to just prevent the stress and keep him home unless he was really ill:eek: That sweet cat lived to be at least 18 - not sure. But, I loved that cat so much I hated to ever be away from him. He has been gone now for about 8 years and is buried at the head of my bed, but my heart still aches and hurts when I think about him - especially the way he trembled in storms and ran to me for comfort! When I think about him fainting at the vets, I still cry. I would have done anything for that cat! I think that is one reason I cannot resist an orange kitty - they all remind me of my Bert. Is that obsessive??? Well, too bad if it is but I loved that cat. He was my baby and nobody could ever convince me otherwise!! And YES I carried his picture in my wallet too:p

Laura's Babies
07-06-2004, 10:51 PM
I am the same way about Amy! I send emails to my son often checking on her and call several time when I am at work to see how she is and if she is OK... I keep her picture with me (along with the PT babies) and I talk to each and every one, every day when I am on the boat. I never considered it Obsessing, I am just a worried Mommie (and Auntie).

The special needs kitties are MORE special so we DO worry about them more and I don't see a thing wrong with that.

slick
07-06-2004, 11:49 PM
Don't feel bad. I'm obsessed with Magoo as well. Everytime I log on to Pet Talk the first forum I visit is Cat General to see if there is a Magoo update.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

trayi52
07-07-2004, 12:13 AM
I feel the same way about Grover. I guess the reason I feel that way, is because of how abused she was when she was only a little tiny baby, I was with her every minute after my daughter brought her home to me. When we went on vacation, my husband thought I would miss my computer, well, no. I took what I would have missed, I took Grover with me, and had a perfectly good time, though it rained so much while we were on vacation!

I had my Grover with me, so I was very happy! She is just so very special to me.

LOL, I think we all feel like Magoo is special to all of us. When I read anything about him, I just feel like crying and laughing at the same time. Then you go and mention how he crys for you, when he can't find you? Now that just gets me started all over again, with the crying and laughing! Poor baby, him and you started out rough together, and then now you and him are so deep in love with each other! That is just the sweetest thing!

Yeap, we are all obsessed with Magoo! You and Magoo have come along way!

Willie:)

NoahsMommy
07-07-2004, 12:16 AM
Awww, that's sweet. :) Magoo is a very special guy and I think we can all easily understand your love for him.

I hate going to work, leaving my cats. Micah or Basie always walk me to the door and I feel terrible shutting it behind me. Poor itties! :(

catmandu
07-07-2004, 09:00 AM
Iknow what you are going through,as I ahd A cat,years ago,ebony,who was a victim of Lab research,and I was always loking for him, as he hid most of the two years,that he was with us! And eventually he broke out ,in a horrible skinrash,and the Animal Rescue,had to take him away! The Found Cats Scrappy,and Fluffy couls always find Him, and Comfort Ebony,and they,along with Michael, and JJJ3 , Princessand BoBo,used to wash him. Now Ebony,and His Pals Mr. Scrappy,Mr Fluffy are reunited in Cat Heaven,and Ebonyis whole,and healthy.ScrappyMagoo,is doing well, and you should be so proud,of yourself,we certainly are,at The Found Cat Hotel!

rg_girlca
07-07-2004, 02:03 PM
I agree with the others CCL, it is LOVE!
Magoo, holds a special place in your heart since he has come such a long way from when you first got him.
As most of you know, I feel the same way about my Chipper and I love all my furbabies. But, Chipper just melts my heart everytime I look at him.

In regards to the thunder storms. Do you think, for the time being, maybe setting up his cage again, so he can retreat into it when the storms come. Maybe it might help him to relax since he found comfort in his cage at the beginning. Also, putting a piece of your clothing in there so he can have your smell as comfort too.
Just a thought.:D

sirrahbed
07-07-2004, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by rg_girlca
of your clothing in there so he can have your smell as comfort too.
Just a thought.:D
Good idea Lorraine! Whenever we go away overnight - Dennis always leaves a pillow stuffed teeshirt for Emily:rolleyes: - a worn teeshirt that smells like her daddy of course. (he is convinced that she cannot sleep without it)

DJFyrewolf36
07-07-2004, 03:32 PM
Don't feel bad...We all have a pet that gets us a cirtain way.

I had a bird a while back named Pablo, he was a green cheeked conure. Pablo would go EVERYWHERE with me while I was home. He even went on errands with me at times. I carred a picture in my walled of him and even if I was gone for only a few hours I found myself calling mom and asking about him. He went to the RB about two years ago now :(. I still have his picture with me.
I'm just as bad about Remus. I guess cause he is my first kitty. I worry if I come home late! The hubby says I need a life lol :rolleyes:. I mean, I posted about his first visit to the white coats! *turns out I didn't need to worry lol* I was such a wreck that day...and Im going to be when he gets the snip treatment too.
You arent obsessed, you just care!

RICHARD
07-07-2004, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by rg_girlca
I agree with the others CCL, it is LOVE!

I disagree...

Some women are drawn to the "bad boy" type.;) :eek: :D

Laura's Babies
07-07-2004, 05:33 PM
Er, cough, cough! Magoo is NOT a bad BOY!!

NKBurlington
07-07-2004, 09:30 PM
I miss my boys every day at work even though I have tons of pictures on my desk.

Here's what I've done: I've taken digital photos of the boys and created a PowerPoint slide show. Whenever I start to miss them, I just play the slideshow. It's about 20+ photos and it takes a minute or two to run through and I get my fix!