PDA

View Full Version : Swimmy

lizzielou742
07-06-2004, 08:53 AM
My betta, Swimmy, died yesterday. I had Swimmy for a year and four months. He was a long-lived betta. He was red and blue and so pretty. It was my fault he died. I just moved recently, and I've been misplacing things a lot. I changed Swimmy's water Saturday evening, and once I got it all changed and cleaned out, I realized I couldn't find the bottle of stuff that gets the nitrates and chlorine and stuff out of the tap water. I hunted everywhere and still today (Tuesday) I haven't even found it. Anyway, I had two options: let Swimmy stay in a little cup of gross old water all night, until I could go to the store and get more of that stuff in the morning; or put him back in a bowl of fresh water and hope he'd be OK until the morning. Since it was already pretty late, I said a prayer and put him back in his bowl. When I woke up the next morning, he was not looking so hot. Kinda floating around, but when I poked him, he'd wake up and swim around. I rushed to the nearest pet store, but by the time I got back he was gone. I feel so guilty. I made the wrong decision - I guess I should have left him in that little cup all night. But I felt like there was no air in there, and I guess I didn't realize what would happen. I am so sorry Swimmy. Your mommy loved you, and never meant for anything bad to happen to you. I hope I didn't cause you any pain. RIP Swimmy. Have fun playing with your RB fish buddies: Earl, Punky, Cherry, Mr. T and Sir Gallahad.

:( :( :(

slick
07-06-2004, 11:43 PM
Swim free at the RB Swimmy!!! You were loved.

tatsxxx11
09-16-2004, 06:07 PM
I was so sorry to hear of the passing of your Betta Swimmy:( You know, when I had fish, I would keep a large bowl of dechlorinated water on hand, just in case. You don't need to add the dechlorinating drops...just let the water sit out for several hours before adding to the fish bowl and it's perfectly safe. Rest in peace dear Betta Swimmy. Your mommy loved you very much. Swim hard and happy at the Rainbow Bridge, precious Swimmy.

wolfie
09-16-2004, 09:46 PM
Oh, I'm so sorry about Swimmy. :(

I'm sure he knows that you loved him. RIP little guy.

cookieluver7
10-21-2004, 04:31 PM
It's not your fault that your fish died. When you move, a lot of times things do get misplaced. I'm sure Swimmy will forgive you and I'm sorry that he died. RIP Swimmy. Hope to see you at the rainbow bridge. :(

dogs_4_me
10-28-2004, 09:32 PM
RIP Swimmy. You lived a nice long betta life. Paris and Nikki, my bettas lived for only a few weeks. Swim hard at the RB.