PDA

View Full Version : I got to pat Pippin!

Karen
07-05-2004, 09:02 PM
You may remember me talking about my brother's three cats before - well, Pippin is the 20-pound polydactyl blonde Maine Coon cat wannabe whom I have never met in person before. The only proof I ever had of his existence were photographs and copious quanti ties of yellow cat hair on their dark green couch. He, who has been a spoiled housecat since the age of 8 or so weeks, is extremely people-shy, for no good reason.

But today, on my sister-in-law's birthday, we girls were getting ready to go to dinner, and Miss Marilyn (age 2 3/4) wanted "diapy" changed over on momma's bed. So we went in there, plunked her on the bed, and out strolled Pippin as we were changing Miss M. He strolled over, as if he'd never been shy, demanded petting, head-butted me, and generally palled around with us for several minutes!

I was stunned! :eek:

He is a very solid kitty, and Miss M pointed out to me that he has a very pretty tail, too.

I am now among the ranks of a very elite group of human beings. I petted Pippin! :D::

sirrahbed
07-05-2004, 09:27 PM
WOW! That is quite an honor when a usually elusive kitty lowers himself to your level and *allows* himself to be petted!:eek: I hope you are duly humbled and awed!!:D

Karen
07-05-2004, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by sirrahbed
WOW! That is quite an honor when a usually elusive kitty lowers himself to your level and *allows* himself to be petted!:eek: I hope you are duly humbled and awed!!:D

Absolutely both! Awed and proud and chuckling because he acted so nonchalant about it, while I was thinking "Wow!!!!!! This is amazing!!!!!"

kimlovescats
07-05-2004, 10:06 PM
I would be thrilled as well! Now ... where are the PICS of this beautiful boy!!!?;)

Karen
07-05-2004, 10:08 PM
I was too stunned, and my camera was downstairs - we were just upstairs for the change of daipy! Sigh. I'll hafta ask his "mum" for pictures.

kimlovescats
07-05-2004, 10:21 PM
That will work!;)

catcrazylady
07-06-2004, 05:42 AM
I have a house full of people shy kitties and I would have been as stunned as you if Peanut Butter finally just strolled up and let a visitor pet him! It's shocking when that happens and the wierd thing with cats is that it may never happen again!! What goes on in their heads?http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/rolleyes.gif

Laura's Babies
07-06-2004, 07:52 AM
I hope you THANKED that kitty for honoring you so!

catnapper
07-06-2004, 08:03 AM
Thats wonderful! Dontchya feel so speical and chosen?

I've had that happen to me too... JenLuckenbach had a foster kitty that absolutely refused to be petted. I came to visit Jen, and the foster kitty was sitting there. I reached out and she let me pet her! I walked away without having major blood loss - in fact no blood was shed. Jen was absolutely stunned and couldn't wait to tell everyone in the rescue organization that Bailey let somebody pet her! :D

catmandu
07-06-2004, 09:05 AM
That makes it woth all the trouble,at TheFound cat Hotel,when a Cat that is shy,suddenly realizes that I am his ,or her friend,and comes over to be petted!