PDA

View Full Version : prayers firefighting hubby

Glacier
07-05-2004, 08:30 PM
The Yukon is currently burning up--we are extremely dry and there is no rain in sight. Over 130 fires are currently burning in the territory. While none are currenlty threatening our home, there are a number threatening the Dawson City area and we remain at extreme risk. My husband, Stuart, is a volunteer firefighter with a rural department. He has experience fighting fires as used to work with the Department of Natural Resouces in Manitoba. He also owns a water truck.

This afternoon, he was called up to fight fire in Dawson. They've evacuated all of the cabins, placer mines and other inhabitated areas up there (about 5 hours north of us). The Wildfire Management branch doesn't have enough trucks or manpower up there right now to even try and get a handle on this fire. The main one up there is actually a joining of five smaller fires into one monster!

I'd sure appreciate any positive energy you could send his way. There are 28 critters here who need their Daddy safe and sound.
Thank you!

captain
07-05-2004, 08:40 PM
Glacier,

Best wishes and prayers across the miles to your, your 28 critters and to their Dad!

Keep us in the loop ..........

dukedogsmom
07-05-2004, 08:49 PM
Hope he gets home safely and gets those fires under control. A few years ago, we had bad fires around here. Didn't get any rain for about a year. Hope your conditions get better soon and all your special family has their dad back home, safe and sound.

Cinder & Smoke
07-05-2004, 08:56 PM
Hi God ~

Our Firefighter Dad wanted us to give You a *shout* ~
An ask for You to keep Firefighter Stuart *safe*
while he goes off to fight those nasty fires in the Yukon.

Please give Stuart, an allua other Fiur Guyz & Galz ~
Your Spechial Blessing to Stay Safe and get the fires OUT.

And Please - Bless Stuart's Howze, FurKids, an WifeMate Glacier
while he's away an can't look after them himself.

Thanks God!

/s/ the Prayer Pups

K9soul
07-05-2004, 09:33 PM
Thoughts and prayers are with Stuart as he works to fight those devastating fires. Hope he's back home with you and the fur gang very soon.

KYS
07-05-2004, 09:34 PM
Sending many prayers that the fires will be under control
and all the firefighters and all living creatures
will be safe.

((((^..^))))

Cinder & Smoke
07-05-2004, 09:46 PM
Glacier ~

Dunno if your Fire Guy ever told you - but there is a LOT
of Info available on the I-net about Wildland Fires ~

Here are a few Click-Links >>

US National Interagency Fire Center @ Boise, Idaho (http://www.nifc.gov/fireinfo/nfn.html)

Alaska Fire Service News Page (http://fire.ak.blm.gov/docs/news/newsrels.asp)
"The Dawson Fire has crossed the Canadian border into Alaska.
The fire is approaching the Yukon River near Eagle.
Crews are completing line construction around
both the town and village of Eagle."

Yukon Wildfire Bulletins (http://www.gov.yk.ca/depts/community/firemanagement/wfb260407011000.html)
***NOTE!!
This last link has some PHONE NUMBERS you might want to
make note of!!
Might be handy to Check on Hubby;
and/or Keep Yourself up-to-date on fires near the Homestead.

STAY SAFE - BOTH of yo

Glacier
07-05-2004, 09:53 PM
Thanks Cinder and Smoke...for the links and your beautiful prayer.

That Dawson fire that's headed for Eagle is part of the one Stuart has gone to fight!!

I did have some of the local numbers already, but I have bookmarked all of those sites now.

Cinder & Smoke
07-05-2004, 10:17 PM
Glacier ~

Here's two more sites that you should explore -
they're Loaded with TIPS on how to make Your Home Fire Safe -
or at least Fire Resistive >>>

Gov of Yukon - "Protecting Your Home" (http://www.gov.yk.ca/depts/community/firemanagement/prot.html)

Firewise.org - EXCELLENT site for "Tips" (http://www.firewise.org/)

Stay Safe!

/s/ Phred

Corinna
07-05-2004, 11:36 PM
Glaicer , I understand and send you lots of prayers and hugs. I was raaised in a voleteer fire family. My hubby was too til the cancer. Plus living through the fires here last summer. Keep the pups safe and we'll do the praying for all the fire fighters and Stuart.

jazzcat
07-06-2004, 02:07 AM
Prayers on the way!

Lillycat
07-06-2004, 03:13 AM
prayers being sent up north!

Kfamr
07-06-2004, 06:05 AM
Oh dear.

I hope you, Stuart, and all of the furkids stay safe. Thoughts coming your way.

Logan
07-06-2004, 07:52 AM
Positive thoughts and prayers are being sent for your husband and for so many others fighting those horrible fires. Wish we could send you some rain. We have PLENTY!!!!!

Logan

Kona & Oreo's mom
07-06-2004, 09:43 AM
Glacier, I will keep Stuart and his fellow firefighters in my thoughts and prayers.

ChrisH
07-07-2004, 04:34 PM
Prayers and positive thoughts on the way.

DJFyrewolf36
07-07-2004, 05:01 PM
Prayers sent your way and many wishes of rain up there for you!!!

ramanth
07-08-2004, 12:19 PM
Keeping you, your hubby, home, and fur kids in my thoughts. *hugs*

Cinder & Smoke
07-10-2004, 11:29 PM
Any NEWS from the Fire Front, Glacier??

Has Stuart had a chance to Check In and let you know how
things are going?

We'll keep the Paws & Klaws Crossed til we hear he's back home -
Safe & Sound!

Glacier
07-11-2004, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by Cinder & Smoke
Any NEWS from the Fire Front, Glacier??

Has Stuart had a chance to Check In and let you know how
things are going?

We'll keep the Paws & Klaws Crossed til we hear he's back home -
Safe & Sound!

Thanks for asking. He has been able to call twice. I missed him today, but he left a message saying he'd been out for 29 straight hours. He had four hours to sleep and then he was back at it. He's said he'd try to call tomorrow afternoon.

They've had no rain up there yet. We got lots around our home today, but none near Dawson City. His contract has been extended til the end of the month at least.

We're still praying for rain in Dawson--days of it straight is needed to get these fires under control.

lynnestankard
07-11-2004, 10:47 AM
Keeping you and hubby in my thoughts and prayers Glacier - it sounds awful up there and I hope he's home safe and sound very soon with you and the furries. xxx

Lynne

Albea
07-11-2004, 12:33 PM
Sending your husband many good thoughts and best wishes for a safe and quick return. I'm terrified of fire and have great admiration and respect for firefighters. May all be safe and make it home to their families very soon.

kimlovescats
07-11-2004, 01:18 PM
Most definitely sending prayers of safety for your hubby!!!
;)