PDA

View Full Version : The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy

slleipnir
07-05-2004, 06:18 PM
I've just started reading this book the other day. I was curious if anyone else is/had read this book too?

Usually I find it hard to get into books and stuff but I wasn't even 100 pages in and I found it hard to put the book down. It's funny and interesting.

I start a lot of books but I don't finish a lot lol. I get bored of them and stop reading. So far I'm really like this one. Last one I finished was Seabiscuit which was also good

Uabassoon
07-05-2004, 06:34 PM
I read that book a long time ago, I don't really remember too much about it other than I liked it. I remember reading a few other Douglas Adams books as well.

Karen
07-05-2004, 07:45 PM
I've read it - and the 4 other books in the "trilogy!" Loved it, thought it was lots of fun!

Barbara
07-06-2004, 04:20 AM
I've read it and some others of Douglas Adams. I think it's a must if you want to be a geek girl:D

stacwase
07-06-2004, 09:56 AM
Yes! I loved it! I must have read it 10 times. Plus all of the other books in the "trilogy". Every time you read them you catch something you didn't notice before. It's awesome. I buy the trilogy for everybody I know who loves to read.

wolfie
07-06-2004, 11:32 AM
I love that book! ^_^ It's really funny. I read the entire 'trilogy' too, it's all great. I love sci-fi/fantasy books, especially funny ones!

slleipnir
07-06-2004, 07:12 PM
I'm still on the first part but I'm making my way lol

DJFyrewolf36
07-07-2004, 12:21 PM
I'm nerdy enough that my husband's nickname is Ford Prefect and he always calls me Trillan :rolleyes:

I've read that book sooo many times...I got the complete unabriged version a few years ago that includes the original trillogy plus Mostly Harmless and Young Zaphoid Plays it Safe. Fun reading!

PS in high school I always carried a towel with me in my backpack ;)

slleipnir
07-07-2004, 12:44 PM
Haha, good to know you know where your towel was lol jk.

I'm on the second part now. Funny stuff. Are his other books funny too?

DJFyrewolf36
07-07-2004, 12:50 PM
I think so, he did some really funny radio shows too. I think you can download some of them still or get them on CD/tape.