PDA

View Full Version : Have You Ever...

catnapper
07-05-2004, 03:31 PM
Have you ever had the feling of "Divine Intervention"?

Last night, at a picnic, they had some fireworks once it got dark. They were the real big ones like you see at major fireworks shows. One can only wonder how much they spent! They were setting the fireworks off in the middle of a HUGE feild. Hubby and I spread out a blanket at the edge of the feild, along with a dozen other people. They were setting off maybe ten "roman candles" at a time, then taking a few minutes in between to set up the nest round of ten.

Sometimes towards the end, I decided to go to the bathroom, not because I *had* to go, but because I figured that the family only had one bathroom, and if I didn't go then and there, there would be a long waiting line for the bathroom once the show was over. I started to walk away and was no more than ten feet from where I was sitting when a series of ten Roman Candles went off wrong. Instead of going upwards, they went low to the ground and ended up ON THE BLANKET I was sitting! :eek: Hubby had gotten up when I did to talk to someone else, so he too walked away. Both of us would have been seriously burnt if we were sitting there. I saw the whole thing and was a bit shaken up.

It felt too cooincidental that I got up when I did. I normally don't worry about a "bathroom rush" after an event. It felt like somebody was telling me to get up - NOW.

popcornbird
07-05-2004, 03:47 PM
That's amazing. Really. I guess God was telling you to get up before you got hurt. I'm glad you got up when you did. How scary!

Uabassoon
07-05-2004, 03:50 PM
That's amazing. Things work in mysterious ways.

rg_girlca
07-05-2004, 03:50 PM
Oh yes, I believe in "Divine Intervention" having to deal with a few close calls myself.

How lucky for you and your hubby. It is scary to think what might have happened and THANK GOD it didn't.

davidpizzica
07-05-2004, 03:51 PM
Catnapper, definitely a higher power was working for you! It was scary even reading about it!! I'm glad noone was hurt.