PDA

View Full Version : Leather

wolfsoul
07-05-2004, 02:42 PM
I am at Jynnelle's house right now so I can be on the net. I am really happy to see all of the nice replies that Leather's thread got. :) Thanks so much everyone. Here is the story on what happened..

Leather could not move her back legs. She was dragging them, and they were very swollen.The vet didn't know what was wrong. She wasn't in any pain, so we took her back home to see if she would change any. Then, she couldn't move her body at all. She was completely paralyzed, so she went back to the vet, and the vet still didn't know what was wrong. He thought she might have had a stroke. He did some closer examinations and found a large mass in her abdomen. We know that Leather had had cancer atleast since she was seven when she had a tumor removed. The vet had given her three months to live, and it's been almost four years as she would be turning 11 this September. The vet thought that the mass in her chest was probably another tumor, and it was somehow affecting her legs. My stepmom was in Toronto at this time and was desperatly trying to get a flight back in time, but it was too late. The vet said that normally he would wait for the legal owner to be there, because it is illegal to put down a pet without the legal owner's signature, but we all knew that we couldn't leave her in pain, and the vet said that if we would have left her like that that he would have called the SPCA anyways.

I didn't cry much, as I'm all cried out over Sara's recent passing. Two pets in less than a month can be quite heartwrenching, but planning for the soon arrival of my new kitten really helps me overcome any anguish I might feel. I hope there is a little bit of Leather and Sara in him.

Thanks everyone for the support. I hope I am able to get the internet back soon so that I am able to come back and thank you all for any replies that might be left in this thread.

Jordan

Uabassoon
07-05-2004, 03:57 PM
I was so sad to hear about Leather. I'm sure your heart must be so heavy right now especially after the loss of Sara. I'm sure the new kitten will be happy to be with you because you will have so much love to give it.

RIP Leather and I'm sure you're having a blast running around the rainbow bridge.

anna_66
07-05-2004, 04:36 PM
I posted in the other thread, but I just wanted to make sure you knew how sad I was over your sweet Leather dying.
At least now she's running free at the bridge with no pain.

R.I.P. Leather

jenluckenbach
07-05-2004, 04:36 PM
I am very sorry to hear about the loss of Leather :(

captain
07-05-2004, 05:54 PM
Jordan,

{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}} again.

KYS
07-05-2004, 06:20 PM
Ditto from me!

{{{{{{^..^}}}}}}}} again.

stacwase
07-06-2004, 10:04 AM
Jordan, I'm so sorry. I remember a lot of posts about Leather, from when I first started visiting Pet Talk. She was very loved.

delidog
07-09-2004, 08:19 AM
You have my most heartfelt sympathy...Leather was a Beautiful Dog....We will all miss her here..

Godspeed to The Rainbow Bridge,Sweet Leather

Sudilar
07-10-2004, 01:44 PM
I, too, want to say again, how very very sorry I am for your great loss.

RobiLee
07-10-2004, 06:38 PM
I am so sorry Jordan. Big hugs for you.

RIP Leather.

Robin

wolfsoul
07-12-2004, 01:30 PM
Thanks so much everyone. :)

Tonya
07-15-2004, 01:56 PM
Rest in Peace, Leather.

Smilla
07-15-2004, 07:36 PM
I'm so sorry for you loss. RIP, Leather.

sabies
07-15-2004, 08:03 PM
So sorry to hear. RIP Leather.